JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Aniymay (Offline)
The Anime Renagade

Send a message via Yahoo to Aniymay
Unhappy Would it be a bad idea for a comic book artist to work on 2 comics at the same time? - 01-11-2011, 07:19 PM

I was just wandering if it would be a bad idea for me to work on 2 comics at the same time. Right now i am drawing a comic, and i am on its 2nd volume. There's this other comic that I haven't finished yet and I also have another idea sorta coming up in my mind at the moment, but i really wanna start on another comic while I'm working on my other one :<
Being that I have school and not much free time, i wanted 2 know if this is a bad idea or not?

Hiya! Aniymay is:

~Hard to be Soft
Tough to be Tender~

(#2 (permalink))
Old
thegluestick1 (Offline)
New to JF

01-12-2011, 02:55 PM

I think that depends on your ability to diverge your creative thought processes.
Generally I wouldn't encourage it, and commit your efforts to one at a time to ensure quality. Do you think that you would work to the best of your potential?
Do you keep a notebook or diary or something of the kind? If not, I suggest you do so you are able to keep track of your thoughts and ideas. Write your other ideas in there whilst you finish so that you won't lose them
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Aniymay (Offline)
The Anime Renagade

Send a message via Yahoo to Aniymay
01-12-2011, 05:16 PM

awesome, hmm well i was thinking the same. I mean i do write down some of my ideas for different comics, but i don't do it all the time because i don't want to get off track on what I'm working on now. Sooo....hmmm i just might stay on the series that i'm working on now and i will work on my other series when im done with the other one ^_^

Hiya! Aniymay is:

~Hard to be Soft
Tough to be Tender~

(#4 (permalink))
Old
thegluestick1 (Offline)
New to JF

01-17-2011, 03:04 PM

Alright! I think that's a good choice
I'd love to see some stuff once you're done!