JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
robhol (Offline)
Can I eat him??

"Beginner-level" light novels? - 03-20-2011, 02:23 PM

I'm not sure if this even exists in any mentionable degree, but are there any light novels for people new to the language? I can read both kana sets and a few hundred kanji, so while I can read a bit, I'm not exactly ready for prime-time...

I can imagine a few "markets" for this, but they're rather small. Kids of a certain age, and people who're just trying to learn the language, like myself.

In the case of digital media, it'd be terrific if it could be found in normal TXT format.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
bluedaydream (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs up 04-05-2011, 06:42 PM

Hmm. Good question. I hope someone replies with an answer. I'd be interested in them also.

謙虚に,

白日夢
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Realism (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-10-2011, 11:04 PM

Just read any novel that you're interested in....don't worry about "beginner" Or "intermediate" difficulty or whatever.

Just read whatever you're interested in....I remember when I was just still "learning Japanese" and I said screw it these textbook are just straight up boring I have to read something more interesting. I just randomly bought a Japanese detective novel. It took me months to finish it. At first it was hard to even get through a page. But then as I progressed it just got easier and easier, and the only reason I read the entire book because the story is just really good. And eventually I finished the book, and my Japanese improved leaps and bounds.

You get better by reading the real/hard stuff....not the beginner stuff.

Last edited by Realism : 04-10-2011 at 11:07 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-11-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realism View Post
You get better by reading the real/hard stuff....not the beginner stuff.
I agree. Thats why playing pokemon black version amazing for study because it used kanji all the time. Learned loads of new ones this way!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me