LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-22-2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
i agree with you and more power to these people and their business. my underlying point was simply that it is still all up to developers if they want to stay in business. people won't stop downloading spontaneously and they also won't start buying products by the shipload if there isn't a very good reason aka - great marketing or actions taken against masess.
Yes, developers are starting to understand that if you don't go digital, you go out of business. The problem with anime and manga is that you have to convince the slow moving license holders in Japan of the same thing. It is moving, but moving slowly.

The other key is cease-and-desist letters to the hosts of illegal DL sites.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
tohruchan7 (Offline)
ur so cute no matter what

05-20-2011, 03:44 PM

wow tokyopop is going byebye this just made my week even worse

HUMANS ARE COWARDS IN THE FACE OF HAPPINESS. IT TAKES COURAGE TO HOLD ONTO HAPPINESS.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Nebelherz (Offline)
JF Regular

10-02-2011, 07:49 AM

I think illegal downloads, may seems to be a loss, but on the other side, some music won`t be here, without illegal downloads. (For example J-Rock) I think many people wouldn`t have discover J-Rock, if it is not for illegal downloads. There also other music, which you may can`t buy anymore and then you`re glad you find at least some downloads. (For example, I would really like to buy a cd from chinese band silver ash, but I didn`t found anything to buy it) I think also bands, which are not that popular can became more popular, if people find them through downloading. (I think someone would more fast say yes, to get music on this way, then when their would have to buy it).

And like some other people said, it doesn`t really mean, that people, who downloads, also would buy more. Indeed I think people, who download much, may also people who buy much. But anyway, you can`t spend more money you have. And sometime, you don`t have any space anymore for stuff.

I think Mangas was less effected from downloading before, but since their are iPad and such stuff here, it seems more comfortable reading Manga on such a device. (I think it`s not comfortable reading Mangas on PC, but if I think reading it on a iPad, that would be comfortable.) This surely comes to a problem too for books, mangas and comics.

An other aspects, which may not effect American manga market, but German market is, that people buy mangas in other languages than German. (For example English Mangas or French, or some even buy Japanese, but I think, that are not that much people. At least I does may one person, who can that much of Japanese, that he`s able reading mangas in Japanese) Some people buy even mangas in English, which are realesed in German, but their think English translation is better than the German one. Some may started a serie in English, because it was first published there and continue then, even when there`s a German release.
Same goes for games and may also books. (Games are often cheaper buying in English than in German. Especially if you buy it in Switzerland, games are so expensive here..)
Sure people buy the stuff, but their don`t helping the local market. (I mean for example German market and so on) And so their market will have a loss und may stops or reducing bringing games, mangas on the German market.
But anyway, I like buying stuff cheaper and want get it faster, so I buy it in English. So for me it`s really a pain in the ass, that there something like regional codes on dvd or games. (It won`t be a problem if there would publish everything in German then, but their don`t. And so I may miss some stuff, because of not being able using it.)

I`m also unhappy that Tokyopop shuts down. But at least I have more or less finished the manga series, I had from Tokyopop. Only Vassalord is unfinished, but I will just buy the German volumes, the design of the manga is the same, because German Tokyopop didn`t shut down. Hmm, I also hat the Embalmer, which I didn`t finished.

About this, Delrey has also some Mangas, which won`t be published anymore, because Kodansha didn`t take all series which Delrey had. So I won`t be able to continue Moyashimon.

Last edited by Nebelherz : 10-02-2011 at 07:53 AM.