JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Your favorite Anime/Manga Series (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/4505-your-favorite-anime-manga-series.html)

gn1225 05-13-2007 03:36 PM

Your favorite Anime/Manga Series

hi,

whatis is your favorite anime/manga?

why?, who is favorite character and why?

what did you like most about it?:D

MinamiItsuki 05-13-2007 03:41 PM

My Favorite Manga?

Hey im new to the forum and my favorite manga is Air gear along with Minami Itsuki being my favorite character. Im not sure what my favorite anime is because I have to many but if I had to guess it would probably be bleach or naruto.

drakenjecht 05-14-2007 08:41 PM

~deleting deleting~

firebreathingdragonfrog 05-14-2007 09:24 PM

fav anime would probably be kikis delivery service, purely for her cat, i love him:rheart:

fav manga- has anyone ever heard of red string? online comic, and its AMAZING!!! i just love it, go look it up and read it its amazing, and has various languages and stuff, i love the artwork

my ultimate favourite character would have to be eiji hayashihara, from red string, i love him hes great

xxx

narutoluvr 05-14-2007 09:26 PM

Hi my fav anime is probably nana and naruto i like nana the gothish one from that and i like alot of the people in naruto my fav manga would be chibi vampire or vampire knight from chibi vampire i like usai and from vampire knight i like zero but i like alot these r probably top fav.'s but i luv death note 2 from death note i like light :vsign:

theSilence 05-14-2007 09:35 PM

My favorite anime... there are three really

Boogiepop Phantom
Serial Experiments Lain
Paranoia Agent

My favorite character, Lain

SkyUrameshi 05-15-2007 12:14 PM

Yu Yu hakusho

I have to say my fav anime is Yu yu Hakusho.

I love yusuke his hot!:rheart: :rheart:

Hentaro 05-15-2007 12:20 PM

My fav manga is Yu-Gi-Oh!

I love It...

YennonCrow 05-15-2007 05:45 PM

***I have added my favorite parts. I hope I don't spoil anything for anyone.

My favorite anime is Fruits Basket, although I really hate that the anime didn't go any further than it did. My favorite person is Ayame (Yuki's older brother) ^.^ because he's hilarius. Favorite episode is the one when Yuki visits Ayame's shop with Tohru, "I often tell my clients no fantasy is a crime, so long as your grounded in reality. Unexpectidly walking up on a woman in the bath, very popular fantasy." "THAT IS A CRIME!!"

My favorite manga is Naruto. Favorite person is Gaara XD I always love the bad guy gone good guy, doesn't matter what show. But I also love Sakura and Neji. Favorite part was when Gaara was coming back to life, and it shows him all alone, and then suddenly Naruto puts his hand on his shoulder, and then theres everyone XD awww.

hmm... for the hell of it, I'm gonna add my favorite game. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. Favorite person was Albel ^.^ once again, bad guy gone good guy. I wish his story was more in depth. My favorite part was the end. I love what Fayt said, "Just believe. Just believe we exist, here and now."

there you go ^.^ hope I didn't bore you. At least you didn't ask for my top five's ;P

Skyraida 05-16-2007 03:07 AM

Favorite Anime huh...im very indecisive but i'll have to stick with ergo proxy, had everything i wanted in an anime.

ScarletKitsune 05-17-2007 10:31 AM

Naruto is both my favourite anime and manga series, my fav character is Deidara, cause hes cool/hot, and his fighting style catches your eye... (art is a bang, un!) .....yes, its a guy...... yeah, naruto rocks my life, without it, I'd die from boredom....lol

Demysia 05-17-2007 10:37 AM

FRUITS BASKET FOR THE WIN!

I love Naruto as well, Chobits is great too.
Ooo GTO is probably my second favourite.

Chihaya 05-20-2007 02:34 AM

Favorite Anime: Strawberry Panic!
Strawberry Panic! is my favorite anime because, well, it's very cute, I like it. Even though it does get a little depressing in the middle to the end. But, I still like it.

Favorite Manga: Eh, My favorite manga would probably have to be Saiyuki. I like the action in it and stuff. xD;

MinamiItsuki 05-22-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarletKitsune (Post 129386)
Naruto is both my favourite anime and manga series, my fav character is Deidara, cause hes cool/hot, and his fighting style catches your eye... (art is a bang, un!) .....yes, its a guy...... yeah, naruto rocks my life, without it, I'd die from boredom....lol

Good choice for a favorite manga and anime, naruto does rock.
I also really like how deidara always says "art is an explosion*, yeah he's really freakin cool. But my favorite of the Akatsuki's is probably Itachi.

P.S.' It's true, Art really is a *Bakumatsu*!

Firu 05-22-2007 04:59 PM

hey there!
my favourite animes are pretty much all of the gundam ones!
the best character is probably duo maxwell (gundam wing)
and i love it just because GUNDAMS ARE COOL! end of story!

deadthinker 05-22-2007 05:02 PM

fav anime...hmm....probably bleach
fav manga is...battle royale XD

MinamiItsuki 05-22-2007 05:05 PM

Hey i agree with you gundams are freakin awesome and duo is too, especially when he fought the mercuriass and vey 8*I dont know how to spell them*.:D

Is that avatar kira yamato, *thinking* Yeah i think it is, He's aweome. my favorite Gundam characters are Treys, Heero, and Wufei.

scen 05-24-2007 03:15 AM

favorite anime: naruto :D 2nd fav: one piece!

favorite manga: one piece 2nd fav: naruto!

i havent read any of the old naruto just the shuupden (spelt wronged) but ive started reading one piece from teh start :)

my favorite males characters are(from naruto): Gaara, sasori and suigetsu :D (one piece): monkey D luffy and roronoa zolo/zoro

favorite female characters (from naruto): hinata and that woman from teh chuunnin exams(shes so awesome and smexy:D)

from one piece: Nami, she's the only fucking one except for robin but shes not as kool :)

dragonrazor 05-24-2007 10:26 AM

this is a tough question. i've only read two mangas that weren't hentai, to my knowledge. one was Magic Knight Rayearth (vast difference compared to the game, and to the series too, i'm told), and the other was Rurouni Kenshin. I'd have to say Hikaru would be my favorite from MKR, whereas Kenshin himself would be my favorite from Rurouni Kenshin.

as for anime, first and foremost, Sailor Mars...er, i mean (let's see if i can spell this first word right, been a while since i've seen it) Bishyoujou Senshi Sailor Moon's Hino Rei, also known as Sailor Mars. Record of Lodoss War (the OAV/Movie's Deedlit...meow), VanDread's Dita Liebely, Slayer's Naga....um...Viper GTS's Carrere << >>

Sophieneechan 05-24-2007 10:31 AM

My fav anime: Probably Naruto^^

My fav manga is.. LOVE HINA!

My favourite anime character is Chii from Chobits. She's so cool!
Also I'm in love with Neji from Naruto^^

Spindack 05-25-2007 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gn1225 (Post 124495)
hi,

whatis is your favorite anime/manga?

why?, who is favorite character and why?

what did you like most about it?:D

Well, I gotta go with:

Cowboy Bebop
Gundam Wing
FLCL
Trinity Blood
and Naruto

cattiemae 06-05-2007 10:24 AM

Cattieeeee.

o0h easy! My favourite manga is Hanazakari Kimitachi he <3 shizzle. it's too good! i've got 1-16 so far and im dying to buy more!
my favourite character would have to be Umeda Hokuto. geez, who doesn't love him? He's so kind and caring! my second fave would have to be Sano Izumi <33.

And, hmm, favourite anime. That's really hard. It would have to be between Ouran High School Host Club, CCS, Eyeshield21 or Deathnote.
Fave Characters: Kaoru&Hikaru from Ouran (Delicious!), Syaoran from CCS (too freaking awesome), Hiruma from Eyeshield (i love his laugh. He's really deep too, and so intelligent!) and L from Deathnote (What more is there to say?)

---
liescanturnintoreality.
isthismyrealitynow?
---

Haggis 06-05-2007 12:07 PM

I think the best series around is Boogiepop Phantom, it just works really well as a combined package of novels, manga, anime and a live action film.

It's not the easiest of series to work out what's going on but once you watch the live action film the anime is a lot easier to follow. It really forces you to think about the issues presented, who we are, the nature of society and our own realities etc.

The visual style of the anime is also so unlike anything else that's out there, plus it's very creepy and disturbing in places. So basically a very unique and interesting series that nobody else seems to be really into... ah well.

(Oh I've just read that TheSilence listed it, I'm so glad it's not just me then!)

nanakitadefan1 01-05-2008 03:42 AM

I love Ergo Proxy! the art is beautiful!
Also the story contains the right amount of emotions!
I cried during the mall/store seen when her little sister (or is it a brother) dies!

YumeDeAetara 01-05-2008 03:58 AM

My favorite manga/animes are probably Dragon Ball and Ranma 1/2.. due to the fact that I watched them when I was really younger I guess..

Right after these two comes Slam Dunk.

Currently, a manga that I appreciate is ジョジョの奇妙な冒険. I don't know the title in english, but it is something like Jojo's strange adventures.

and some other stuff..
Initial D
僕といっしょ
GTO
Rookies
Beck

SSJup81 01-05-2008 04:24 AM

I can't choose only one, so I'm just going to name my favorites off, minus characters.

Favorite manga series
Shin Shirayuki-hime Densetsu Pretear
Deathnote
Gokusen
Fruits Basket
Hunter x Hunter
Code Name Sailor V
Zelda no Densetsu: Densetsu Kamigami no Triforce
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Mahou Sensei Negima: Magister Negi Magi
Blackcat
Ono's Pokemon manga

Favorite anime series
Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors)
Cowboy Bebop
Meitantei Conan (Detective Conan)
Gokusen
Tenchi Muyo! TV (Tenchi Universe)
Monster Rancher
Gundam Wing
Deathnote
Hunter x Hunter
Samurai Pizza Cats/Kyatto Ninden Teyandee
Sailor Moon
Dragon Ball (not Z and not GT...plain ole DB)
Gunsmith Cats
Azumanga Daioh

KuChIkI 01-05-2008 06:49 PM

Anime: Ojamajo Doremi. It's so interesting and...magical. It's addictive, too. =3 And all the characters are drawn to look so cuteeeee!
Not to mention, they didn't make it another violent, adult anime. They made it nice and childish. =D

Manga: Yotsuba&!. What can I say? I'm addicted to cute things. And it's so funny. "Poo! Yanda's eating poo!"

GunSlingerGirl 01-09-2008 05:58 PM

Dbz

3 Attachment(s)
My Favorite show is dragonball z. it always leavs you wanting more, and has you right in the middle of the action. i also enjoy all of the energy attacks. they make me happy.

Koushun 01-09-2008 06:14 PM

Naruto and Death Note!:rheart:

redgrave 01-10-2008 01:31 AM

Tough question.
Favourite anime: Evangelion
Favourite manga: Trigun Maximum and Blade of the Immortal ( I can't just pick one!)
I don't really have one favourite character, there's just to many that I like.

Ichigo2013 01-10-2008 01:32 AM

BLEACH!

All the way!

devils 01-10-2008 02:11 AM

My favorites are Azumanga Daioh and Love Hina (both animes & manga). I think they're hilarious.

Favorite Character:
*Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh, because her personality is similar to mine.
*Shinobu from Love Hina because she's so sweet and innocent
*Su from Love Hina because she has such funny moments, I was always laughing with her

Kiyuge 01-10-2008 02:12 AM

Well its a long list but here goes nothing....

Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Full Moon O Sagashite, Tenjho Tengai, Death Note, Ergo Proxy, Loveless, Bleach, Lucky Star, Fate Stay Night, Blood +, Gentalmens Aliance, Angel Dust Neo, Pokemon, Chobits, Trinity Blood, HellSing, Naruto Shippuden, Elfen Lied, D.N Angel, Angelic Layer, Love Hina, Negima, Shakugan No Shana, Ouran Host Club, XenoSaga, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Sayuki Reload, Fruits Basket, Wolfs Rain, Tokyo Mew Mew, Gunslingerl Girl, Rozen Maiden, Karen, Ah! My Goddess, Samurai Champloo, Tales of the Abyss, The Cat Returns, In Dream World

* Edward from FMA Because he is short like meh ^^
* Inuyasha cuz he ish FAWSOME XD
* L from Death Note because he eats lots of sugar like myself
* Ritsuka from Loveless because I feel pity for him v.v
* Yoruichi from Bleach because she is fast XD
* Rider from Fate/Stay Night
* Saiya from Blood + because she is dark and mystyrious
* Brock from Pokemon because he is a perv XD
* Chii from Chobits because she has funny moments
* Negi sensei from Negima?! because he is cute and innocent
* Gaara because he is teh smex XD
* Goku from Saiyuki Reload because he is teh monkey boy
and thats all I can think right now...

FalaLossehelin 01-10-2008 02:31 AM

Yay!! First post!!

My Fav. Manga would have to be Hana Kimi. It just keeps going on and on and on... and you never know what's going to happen next.

Fav. Anime probably would have to be Trinity Blood. I love Father Nightroad so I guess he's my Fav character.

noey99z 01-11-2008 01:07 AM

well i have to say, and i have many is:
kare kano
love hina
a.i. love you
abousoulute boy friend
marmalade boy
monkey high
planets
and for now thats it

animefreak37180 01-12-2008 12:59 AM

Ohayo!

Hi hi! My favorite anime and manga would have to be hellsing, although DNAngel is really cool as well, and I like all the characters in both animes and mangas so I can't really just pick one but Alucard is so shmexxy>.< for a character anyways.

darknekoboy 01-12-2008 03:56 AM

well i honestly love naruto cuz he sometimes inspires me to get in my way of success. I think he would be my favorite character in the naruto serie but not in the whole anime world cuz there are more.

naruto is my best friend lol

Ravnesort 01-13-2008 06:49 PM

My favorit manga is Fruits Basket. It was just.. breathtaking.
Then Samurai Deeper Kyo and Godchild/The Cain Saga.

My favorit anime is Strawberry Panic! - it's sooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!
Then Death Note and Loveless.

averi50 01-24-2008 06:15 PM

anime = irresponsible captain tylor
manga = king of bandit jing

ChocolateDisco 01-27-2008 08:21 PM

my favourite anime is no doubt Neon Genesis Evangelion, it was my first anime and i can still watch it over and over without getting bored.
my favourite character in it would have to be Asuka, she's amazing, terrible attitude but she has an amazing story.
i dont really know what it is that made me love it so much, i guess it's just how it questions everything, humanity, god.. all of it but it doesnt really concentrate on it enough to make you notice it until the movie, which was also incredible.