JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Does watching dubbed anime make you less of a anime fan?
Yes it does. 25 34.25%
No it does not. 48 65.75%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Tolbarizhei (Offline)
is lost without you!

Send a message via ICQ to Tolbarizhei Send a message via AIM to Tolbarizhei Send a message via MSN to Tolbarizhei Send a message via Yahoo to Tolbarizhei
05-16-2007, 09:09 PM

well. that just makes more sense from your point in this situation.. i can definetely back you up on your decision.. ^_^.. but nonetheless a good thread to start, lots of fun things said honestly

there is one true love in my life.. and sadly it will be fate that will have to hold us together
the light will continue to shine for all..
Fratello, may the angels bless you on the way throughout eternity
(#22 (permalink))
Old
YaksokuDa (Offline)
Banned

05-16-2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToshiya View Post
I don't think it matters.

Original or dubbed or subtitled or whatever, you still watch the anime.

:3
Wrong, naiive.

And to the original poster she is right.

Watching anime subbed is better, the original voices are picked to suit the character, Japanese voices sound better and the worst thing I can think of is hearing some of my favourite anime chars. speak in an american accent.

There isn't even a debate here. Subbed wins coz it's original.

(#23 (permalink))
Old
Tolbarizhei (Offline)
is lost without you!

Send a message via ICQ to Tolbarizhei Send a message via AIM to Tolbarizhei Send a message via MSN to Tolbarizhei Send a message via Yahoo to Tolbarizhei
05-16-2007, 11:20 PM

but in essence the culture of japanese: Perfection

if you listen to the music, or watch the shows.. theres always the strive to be perfect, to be a step above. ive seen a lot of japanese art forms that are just way ahead of everyone else.. so others simply try to.. imitate, so they make it into their own, trying to make it the best way they can. well.. some do at least

there is one true love in my life.. and sadly it will be fate that will have to hold us together
the light will continue to shine for all..
Fratello, may the angels bless you on the way throughout eternity
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Katashi (Offline)
Signature Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to Katashi
05-16-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaksokuDa View Post
There isn't even a debate here. Subbed wins coz it's original.
Very true, not only everything discussed thus far, but american dubbing takes place over many-many single sessions of 1 voice actor a time, then they add everything together by scene! This turns out to be choppy and doesn't sound like a real conversation!

Japanese however, the entire cast gets together by episode and they voice it all straight through in the same room all at one time! Its sounds so much better this way. This way is all clean and pure, and you can really feel a voice's emotions when they're speaking together with the other voice actors!

I love making signatures, if you'd like a custom one from me, just ask in my siggy thread!
*My Custom Signatures Album* ~ *Katashi's Signature Request Thread*
Misa Amane Gothic Lolita Video
(#25 (permalink))
Old
YaksokuDa (Offline)
Banned

05-16-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katashi View Post
This way is all clean and pure, and you can really feel a voice's emotions when they're speaking together with the other voice actors!
Exactly.

No offence to BlueToshiya, but what you said just looks like you treat anime as a cartoon.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Seiryuu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-17-2007, 03:09 AM

Subbed wins.

Original jokes, puns, and whatnot are kept. There's also some free **** in it.

Just joking.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

05-17-2007, 03:13 AM

I like subs....they are more true to the story...the voices are better......there is swearing and inuendoes which would fly by the heads of any child, which adds a maturity level to them......I just can't, literally can't watch a dub......

IamKira
(#28 (permalink))
Old
YennonCrow (Offline)
The Chosen Mind

Send a message via AIM to YennonCrow
05-17-2007, 04:56 AM

The meaning of this thread is whether or not you are less of a fan for watching dubbed.

I do not only watch dubbed. What I mean is, if I see a show on TV, I don't have much of a choice of it being dubbed. I get used to it in english, and I don't usually feel a need to watch it again in japanese. But I have seen shows in japanese! Just not as many as some of you.

On another note. I have come to realize alot of people havent read the manga to some of these great shows. Like Fruits Basket and Love Hina for example. The anime, compared to the manga, is lame. Both Love Hina, and Fruits Basket have their endings cut out. Love Hina ran out of money, and had to cut the ending to Love Hina short. They cut things out of the anime that was crucial to the story.

animes like Naruto, Shamen King, One Piece, and Yu-Gi-Oh were seriously dumbed down in the dubbed, I know this is true. It bothers me, just as much as it bothers others. (can I also say that the manga's to these are much better as well?)

Also... my sister doesn't like it when I watch an anime subtitled she was incredibly annoyed when I was watching Fruits Basket again in subtitles.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Katashi (Offline)
Signature Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to Katashi
05-17-2007, 05:13 AM

Well Manga should be better than the Anime. Same as with Novels/Books being better than their Movie counterpart!

I love making signatures, if you'd like a custom one from me, just ask in my siggy thread!
*My Custom Signatures Album* ~ *Katashi's Signature Request Thread*
Misa Amane Gothic Lolita Video
(#30 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

05-17-2007, 05:37 AM

although I like watching sub anime, movie rather than dubbed but It does not really matter. Its up to your preference. Some prefer dubbed because they want to concentrate watching rather than reading the subs. But it does not make them less of a fan.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------