JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Does watching dubbed anime make you less of a anime fan?
Yes it does. 25 34.25%
No it does not. 48 65.75%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
NYCFreed (Offline)
New to JF

08-13-2007, 09:20 PM

i used to watch dubs..until i saw 1 subtitled episode and realized i thought it was far better and learned to strongly dislike dubs. i think the dubs almost always ruin the feeling / atmosphere.

example: watch Ah! my goddess subbed, then watch the same episode dubbed, and you'll see what i mean.....especially episode 6...haha i wonder who was doing belldandy xD

i dont think you can say one is a "true fan" or not based on if one watches the dubbed or subbed versions.
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Connor (Offline)
Live and let live

08-13-2007, 10:53 PM

I only watch subs. The voice acting is more genuine. I dunno, the english voice cast for any show always seem to be trying to hard.
(#113 (permalink))
Old
IhrTodeswunsch (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to IhrTodeswunsch Send a message via Yahoo to IhrTodeswunsch
08-13-2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
I only watch subs. The voice acting is more genuine. I dunno, the english voice cast for any show always seem to be trying to hard.
Yeah same here, I enjoy Subs a TON MORE. I don't think of you less as a fan of Anime, (or maybe I do, I'm not sure) but it ruins it for me at least. It's not Authentic or Genuine like Connor said. It looks like in the English they took one shot and said Retakes were for amatuers. Plus again, its not as funny, and it just looks very poorly done.
(#114 (permalink))
Old
Sophieneechan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-13-2007, 11:38 PM

SUBS are the best!

^^

Sophie
(#115 (permalink))
Old
Connor (Offline)
Live and let live

08-14-2007, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhrTodeswunsch View Post
Yeah same here, I enjoy Subs a TON MORE. I don't think of you less as a fan of Anime, (or maybe I do, I'm not sure) but it ruins it for me at least. It's not Authentic or Genuine like Connor said. It looks like in the English they took one shot and said Retakes were for amatuers. Plus again, its not as funny, and it just looks very poorly done.
wait, I'm lost. Did you say you think of me as less of an anime fan compared to you?