JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
mikeronci901 (Offline)
New to JF

fooly cooly and robot chicken - 05-23-2007, 03:57 PM

hi im mike just wondering who like fooly cooly or robot chicken we can push this furthur by saying who think the old adult swim should be back with sealab 20 21 and 13 and :'( cowboy beebop i miss him.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-23-2007, 04:57 PM

I think Adult Swim is just too lame.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
scen (Offline)
lolololol

Send a message via MSN to scen
05-24-2007, 12:30 AM

ZOMG I LOVE ADULT SWIM!!!

only place which showed proper animes v.v

i love aqua teen hunger force and robot chicken

long live AS!

sealab is good sometimes too!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)
I is the Ebil Fuzzy BunnY

Send a message via AIM to Kayame
05-24-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scen View Post
ZOMG I LOVE ADULT SWIM!!!

only place which showed proper animes v.v

i love aqua teen hunger force and robot chicken

long live AS!

sealab is good sometimes too!
Proper animes? HA! Yes, maybe if your new to anime and trying to get out your pokemon and yugi-oh rut (Not to `say pokemon and yu-gi-oh are bad animes or anything) but ar elike stillshowing Inuyasha and stuff like that. That's why all the fan girls are always going 'OMG INUYAHSA IS THE BEST ANIME EVER. They say that because they most likely haven't seen any good animes. i grant them though that Trigun, CbBb, and wolfs rain were good animes, now they just suck. As for fooly cooly, that was the most idiotic anime I ever seen -.-'

"People who are alone are ignorant people who can't see around them to look at those whom stay around far after they should leave. And because of this we have formed anger that has no meaning, in which means we are nothing more then the things that created this anger. Nothing. Well I'm something!" ~Kay-Chan
(#5 (permalink))
Old
scen (Offline)
lolololol

o rly - 05-24-2007, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayame View Post
Proper animes? HA! Yes, maybe if your new to anime and trying to get out your pokemon and yugi-oh rut (Not to `say pokemon and yu-gi-oh are bad animes or anything) but ar elike stillshowing Inuyasha and stuff like that. That's why all the fan girls are always going 'OMG INUYAHSA IS THE BEST ANIME EVER. They say that because they most likely haven't seen any good animes. i grant them though that Trigun, CbBb, and wolfs rain were good animes, now they just suck. As for fooly cooly, that was the most idiotic anime I ever seen -.-'
over here (the UK) they are showing afro samurai, which is actually a really good anime.

and just for the record i'm not an anime noob:P and i didnt like pokemon (well i did but not anymore) but i do like yu-gi-oh and i do play a bit .

wish they had a few more animecons here though or even 1 here. wales sucks for anime cons :'(

btw i've never heard of fooly cooly
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)
I is the Ebil Fuzzy BunnY

Send a message via AIM to Kayame
05-24-2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scen View Post
over here (the UK) they are showing afro samurai, which is actually a really good anime.

and just for the record i'm not an anime noob:P and i didnt like pokemon (well i did but not anymore) but i do like yu-gi-oh and i do play a bit .

wish they had a few more animecons here though or even 1 here. wales sucks for anime cons :'(

btw i've never heard of fooly cooly
I donno what's on any more. I got bord with it. trust me, my town get NO anime cons ever!

"People who are alone are ignorant people who can't see around them to look at those whom stay around far after they should leave. And because of this we have formed anger that has no meaning, in which means we are nothing more then the things that created this anger. Nothing. Well I'm something!" ~Kay-Chan
(#7 (permalink))
Old
scen (Offline)
lolololol

05-24-2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
I donno what's on any more. I got bord with it. trust me, my town get NO anime cons ever!
i'd have to travel, like 200 miles to go to one. plus adult swim is the only place that shows anime in their true form :'( i wish more channels would invest in it, not just that crap on jetix and i cant beleive cartoon network dropped fucking one piece the twats. they showed up to the end of the alabsta arc and then just stopped :'( and have you seen how toned down naruto is on jetix, its annoying.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
rallaa (Offline)
The original KFC

05-24-2007, 02:46 AM

Furi Kuri and Robot Chicken FTW!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
scen (Offline)
lolololol

05-24-2007, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallaa View Post
Furi Kuri and Robot Chicken FTW!
agrees with the robot chicken
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-24-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:
FLCL is friggin genious if you get it. Mecha, humour, design work by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, excellent animation quality, what's not to like? Proof that Gainax can still pull off good shit after Evangelion.

Adult Swim has fallen from my good graces though. Every now and they they score a winner (cough Eureka Seven cough cough) I watch because there's nothing else on at that point and out of boredom, but if I actually feel like watching anime I just torrent something so I can get subbed versions and watch back to back episodes. AS should not be your anime source if your really a fan, you won't get exposure to anything that isn't commercially successful and has been dubbed recently. You'll also have to put up with 85 plugs for the ATHF movie during the episode.