JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Code Geas anyone? - 05-25-2007, 04:37 AM

Anybody seen this show yet? Hasn't been licensed outside Japan as far as I know, so I found a fansub. Pretty damn good show actually. I initially found it rather hard to swallow because it's main theme is a sort of lower class vs. nobility/twisted darwinism, and knights and noblemen crap tends to grind my gears. I was however intrigued by it's brilliantly evil little protagonist Lelouch. Instead of your usual macho badass/hotblooded idealist main he's a bit more of an underhanded schemer, using friend and foe alike as tools to reach his own ends. A brilliant tactician and a die hard cynic, he's built a rebellion against his own government in an attempt to avenge his mother's murder and build a new world that isn't based on the strong preying on the weak, a world safe for his disabled sister. It's all really quite Shakespearian, and rather intriguing if you get past the absurdity of it all.

What else you ask? Design work was done by CLAMP, hot chicks (or guys if that's your thing) and the mecha scenes are made of some serious win I tell you. Whaaaaaa? A show with plot depth, original content, ass kicking, and hotness all in one? Get's my stamp of approval. Check it out of you like your mecha with a side of unusual plot twists, Shakespearian drama and political intrigue.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-25-2007, 04:42 AM

More pictars!!!

The Guren Type 2 is made of win and awesome.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Skyraida (Offline)
JF Regular

05-26-2007, 01:41 AM

my friends suggested it to me, and initially i thought the name was stupid but when i watched it, i really liked it. The ability to mind manipulate and his rise to power was awesome, one of my favorites...currently waiting for the next season

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-26-2007, 03:43 AM

It certainly was a simple yet well utilized plot device. I liked how it wasn't constantly overused due to the limitation of the one time use per person. It really did make a remarkable tactical weapon.

I didn't like what it did to Euphemia in episode 22 though, that was just silly.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Skyraida (Offline)
JF Regular

05-27-2007, 03:51 AM

that was a interesting twist...didn't really see that coming xD

(#6 (permalink))
Old
YaksokuDa (Offline)
Banned

05-27-2007, 11:28 AM

I can't wait for the next episodes/season to come out later this year. Great anime, great plot, great women.

I think this could be one of those special anime.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-31-2007, 03:44 AM

You know I have to admit I'm rather disapointed with the turn it took near the end with Euphemia.

Might want to watch for spoilers here...

It sort of felt like the writers backed themselves into a corner for a happy ending with the whole Japanese special district thing and needed an excuse to get back to the mecha ass whooping and somebody said "hey, lets just have Lelouch hit Euphemia with the Geas accidentally and have her go on a comically unrealistic killing spree?" Didn't feel right at all, it's like they were trying too hard. I don't know, it's sort of tainted what was otherwise a really win series.

Hopefully the ending will make up for it.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Serema (Offline)
New to JF

05-31-2007, 07:50 AM

Nop
I ctuly I don't like this kind of anime
^_^