JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Gundam 00 - 06-04-2007, 09:32 PM

New Gundam series just announced a few days ago. Looks kinda sweet actually, but of course that's going from a 14 second trailer with about 8 seconds of actual footage. No word on whose involved in production yet as far as I know. Release date supposedly around the end of summer.

GameTrailers.com - User Movie: Gundam 00 teaser by Advent

Now I've never been much of a Gundam fan. The older ones lack of art quality tended to turn me off. 08th MS team had some sweet stuff, and the original was certainly ahead of it's time, but otherwise it's all been a little too super-robot-ish for my taste. However, still coming off the Eureka Seven high I've been in the mood to tread into new territory here and won't mind a bit of plot armour and lack of realism.

Now we've been discussing this on 4chan for a few days, and a lot of people have declared it auto-fail for bishonen character designs. Basically SEED only worse. This of course is baseless until we've actually seen the show, but I can see how the art style implies a sort of emotional girly man sort of plot for being the next installment of the mecha staple series. Also, after SEED and SEED Destiny, most Gundam fans are still pretty pissed off (understandably so.)

So, for the moment the question remains, will it be an epic failure or an awesome win? I'm actually very positive about it. From the vid the mecha designs seem to be considerably outside of the standard Gundam mould. Instead of the iconic white with blue torso we have a uniform blue and white scheme and a sweet looking green one, both sporting a more streamlined look then we're used to seeing. As for bishi character designs, it doesn't bother me as long as the art quality is superb, which it looks like it is. As long as we don't get the SEED everbody looks the same effect I'm content. I reserve final judgment until Ive seen it of course, but I can't help but say I'm excited.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Firu (Offline)
zero,can you move?

Send a message via MSN to Firu
06-04-2007, 09:39 PM

yay! i'm glad to hear there's a new gundam series. gundam wing was the first anime i ever saw so i always get excited to hear of new stuff. i must admit though i did like seed and seed destiny(sorry).those few shots in that trailer looked pretty cool,any ideas to what the plot for this one is?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-05-2007, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firu View Post
yay! i'm glad to hear there's a new gundam series. gundam wing was the first anime i ever saw so i always get excited to hear of new stuff. i must admit though i did like seed and seed destiny(sorry).those few shots in that trailer looked pretty cool,any ideas to what the plot for this one is?
Haha, no need to apologize for that, it's all preference.

Only vague details so far, but the plot follows similar themes to other Gundam series. The enemy in this case is a militant organization trying to unify the human race to prevent future war. Technically the pacifists are the bad guys here, which may prove an interesting twist, but the concept of the "war to end all wars" is certainly familiar. Another interesting note is that this series takes place in our time line, 2370 AD as opposed to the UC time line and all the others I can't remember.

Here's hoping for no Char clone and no colony drop, been done to death. XD

Can't help but look forward to this though. Gundam is always something I've wanted to be into, but can never find a series I really enjoyed, so every time a new one starts I'm hoping it will be the one to give me an appreciation for the others. Must say I like what little I see so far, but being so little it's hhard to say if it means much. I'll post as soon as I see a better trailer. I'm keeping a close eye on this one.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
fuu (Offline)
blargh whatever

06-05-2007, 02:08 PM

I saw the teaser for 00 and It looks like a new character designer...and of course what I saw of the mobile suites looked phenomonawesome.... I enjoyed Seed and Seed Destiny...even if it was a bit repatitive. All is good when you have mobile suites... I can't wait fo 00... very excited.

FEAR ME!!!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Hisgashi (Offline)
顺德人

06-05-2007, 02:09 PM

Yay, I quite liked Gundam. Looks good, I hope they get a chinese dub for it.

Chinois~ and proud : D
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-07-2007, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuu View Post
I saw the teaser for 00 and It looks like a new character designer...and of course what I saw of the mobile suites looked phenomonawesome.... I enjoyed Seed and Seed Destiny...even if it was a bit repatitive. All is good when you have mobile suites... I can't wait fo 00... very excited.
Indeed it is a new character designer. I've been told it's the artist who did Loveless, which would certainly explain the bishi-ness of the art style. Of course, this was off of 4chan again, so no clue as to the validity of that claim. If anyone can read the stuff on the website here I'd much appreciate it.

http://www.gundam00.net/
(#7 (permalink))
Old
CrazyLee (Offline)
4th Kyu Aikidoka

Send a message via MSN to CrazyLee Send a message via Skype™ to CrazyLee
06-07-2007, 09:16 AM

I'd heard about this a while ago on the Gundam Forums. And now that I've seen the clip, with those oh so nice Mobile suits, I cannot wait. Like a few people here I enjoyed Seed and Seed Destiny, but I agree that it got a little repetitive and I think thisis what has turned some off from it. Still, where there is mecha there is normally something decent. Now, if only I had a time machine...

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Senekisu (Offline)
New to JF

06-07-2007, 08:36 PM

All of those characters look so hot already. Too bad the trailer was so short. *Wonder if there are any girls in it* I don't want a 4 man guy thing i need some romance in the gundam The style is nice too. I like their hairs

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Firu (Offline)
zero,can you move?

Send a message via MSN to Firu
06-12-2007, 03:53 PM

found an image of one of the new gundams

this is the excia gundam,i have to say it looks pretty cool
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-12-2007, 10:53 PM

^Hell yeah, can't wait to see it make use of that sword/knife thingy. It's about time we saw more solid weapons in Gundam. The pew-pew lasers get kinda boring after a while. That's why I like 8th MS Team, it was kick ass to see Gundams with high caiber machine guns.