JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KaguraRobinYuy (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to KaguraRobinYuy
Wink Fruits Basket... may contain manga spoilers - 07-18-2007, 03:16 PM

One request as I start this thread. Please don't post any spoilers past the US release!!! We're only up to book 16. We still think Akito's a guy (with the exception of a select few of us who accidentally read a spoiler, or heard from friends.)

Anyway, Fruits Basket, the manga and anime that I have been obsessed with since the start of my anime obsession career... if it can be called that. A favorite series of mine. I wanted to start a discussion thread, just cause most of the fruits basket threads were "Where do I download it?" or too old. Any other Kyo/Tohru (Kyoru) fans?

Some questions to get you started:
-If you were in Tohru's place when Kyo transformed into the cat's true form, what would your reaction be?
-If Kyo were to get over his fear that he could never have Tohru and they were to date (or similar), what do you think Kagura would do?
-What is your feelings on Yuki thinking of Tohru as a mother figure?
-Is Kisa not the cutest person you have ever seen?
-If you could ask Takaya-sensei any question, what would it be?

Let's stay together itsumo
I DO NOT do laundry for free...
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Neikiyo (Offline)
New to JF

07-18-2007, 03:24 PM

If you were in Tohru's place when Kyo transformed into the cat's true form, what would your reaction be?

I would actually think it was kinda cool. I mean I might be a little freaked out a first but, he really didn't look that scary.

I don't understand BBCode so no nice siggy for now.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Neikiyo (Offline)
New to JF

07-18-2007, 03:30 PM

If you were in Tohru's place when Kyo transformed into the cat's true form, what would your reaction be?

I would be surprised at first but not totally freaked out. In my option he didn't look that scary.

If Kyo were to get over his fear that he could never have Tohru and they were to date (or similar), what do you think Kagura would do?

I think she would be okay with it if this all happened after vol. 12.

What is your feelings on Yuki thinking of Tohru as a mother figure?

I think it's totally understandable considering his past and all. I mean Tohru IS like a mother in her own way.

Is Kisa not the cutest person you have ever seen?

She's adorable!!

If you could ask Takaya-sensei any question, what would it be?

What is your next series going to be about?

(#4 (permalink))
Old
KaguraRobinYuy (Offline)
New to JF

Cool 07-18-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neikiyo View Post

I would actually think it was kinda cool. I mean I might be a little freaked out a first but, he really didn't look that scary.
This is the one questions I keep coming back to, which is mainly why I posted it. Could I stand the stench of being surrounded by thousands of rotting corpses? Would Kyo's form be scarier in real life than on a drawn page? My irrational fear of dinosaurs like T.Rex says yes, while another part of me says it's not that bad. He's just like a human sized reptile with huge forarms and bunny ears. Besides, he can speak... (thought breifly interupted cause I almost said english... but clearly he'd be speaking Japanese...) It couldn't be half as bad as it says it is, could it?

Last edited by KaguraRobinYuy : 07-18-2007 at 04:07 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Neikiyo (Offline)
New to JF

07-18-2007, 05:24 PM

Yes it's ture he might look scarier in real life. I mean and the smell must've been horrible if it made Tohru throw up!

(#6 (permalink))
Old
zigadora (Offline)
New to JF

07-18-2007, 05:45 PM

i havent read all of them but if i were in her place and i saw kyo in his true form i don't know waht i would do. i'd probebly freak alittle then realise that it's still kyo.

the question about yuki thinking of her as a mother figure is understandable given that she kinda takes care of him like a mom.

We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen. And we respect with every fey which cannot be explained
(#7 (permalink))
Old
fuu (Offline)
blargh whatever

07-18-2007, 07:48 PM

true form: is actually kinda cool
Kagura: she's tough she'd get over it
Kisa: sure she's cute but I think Momiji is the cutest
Yuki: it actually makes sence for him....knowing his childhood
if I could ask: I'd ask why does Torhu's father look so much like Kyo????

and seriously the coolest character is Haru

FEAR ME!!!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
KaguraRobinYuy (Offline)
New to JF

Cool 07-19-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuu View Post
if I could ask: I'd ask why does Torhu's father look so much like Kyo????

and seriously the coolest character is Haru
Mmm... while I'm still a Kyo fan, you have a point about Haru.

Why does Tohru's father look so much like Kyo... other than the fact that you know the hair color's different... maybe it's forshadowing... He also looks a little bit like Kureno too... It's funny how Uo and Kyoko's stories seems to be following similar trends...

(#9 (permalink))
Old
KaguraRobinYuy (Offline)
New to JF

07-19-2007, 05:38 PM

Okay... as long as we're discussing the manga...

Has anyone gone back to re-read portions of the beginning after reading up to 16? I did and the foreshadowing there has become really quite obvious. Anyone have any ideas on what might happen next? (The previews on the backs of the books and in the previous book are really quite poor...)

(#10 (permalink))
Old
LadyNihongo (Offline)
New to JF

Authentic Major Spoiler - 07-19-2007, 05:56 PM

Akito is a woman who is in love with Shigure. The curse will break. Tohru and Kyo will get together. Yuki is paired with
basically its crazy. Akito was treated horribly in her youth by her mother, who was jealous of her. Her mother did not like the attention give to Akito by Akito's father because of her God status. Her mother went so far as to raise her like a boy. Shigure does hat he does to make Akito jealous, because Akito is sleeping with Kureno, who is in love with Tohrus friend
Akito does this because of Shigure and to feel loved. Kureno promised to be with her and can not break this promise towards Akito. Tohru eventually shows Akito the light and the joys of friendship, and Akito who does not need the animals anymore to keep her company because she now knows love and friendship ends the curse. The whole reason the twelve zodiac were bound to Akito is beacuase the orginal twelve beasts made the promise to the original God to join him forever in celebration. He knew the animals would die, because the cat started to die, and he found away to have them reborn. the cat did no t want this and said tat this can not be forever one day they would all have to die. The animals forced him to take what they had to be reborn, and made it so that he would transform into a beast. They banished him from the party to though (they saw it as a betrayal that he would have chosen to die instead of liveing forever to spend time with the god) the twelve animals promised the God, and so they would not fall short on the promise the God made it so that they would transform, keeping them from ever falling in love with another person, or leaving him to do otherwise. the cat was orginally the favored of the twele , as he was the God's first friend