JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Haruko (Offline)
New to JF

Lightbulb Does this sound like a Manga you would be interested in? - 07-31-2007, 06:12 AM

Okay, so I have a story in mind that I am hoping to get together with writing it and start production on it. But, I'm wondering if it is something that will be interesting to the general otaku crowd.
I know the concept of Angels and Demons good and evil has always been around, but in my story you will be allowed to decide for yourself which side you think is "right" or "wrong"

Now for the general plot overview.

Two demon brothers are sent to the human world to battle against eachother for a seemingly "human" girl to be their bride. She's a sarcastic and down to earth girl who's soul holds powerful secrets from long ago that will begin a battle between the demonic and angelic realms.

The short plot summary above leaves you with many questions like:
1)Who sent them to the human world?
2)Why does it say seemingly "human"?
3) Why are they fighting for her hand in marriage?
4)What are these secrets her soul holds?

Even though the plot may sound serious it's acutally going to be an action adventure comedy, with some dramatic loving heartfelt moments.

*The two demon brothers*

Devlyn is- devious,lustful,crude, dramatic,overzealous,comical, charmingly blunt
Daemon is- a bit more reserved, cool, calm, courteous, but also lustful,and charming.
They have demonic powers and will stop at nothing to win over their bride.
They also have secret pasts that will be revealed as the story progresses.

The girl!
Zandra can be a bit shy, but she will speak her mind when it comes time. Especially when two goofy yet exceedingly charming demon guys suddenly show up at her home one morning and awaken her by loudly dueling on her roof!

The whole plot revolves around underplots that will be revealed as the story progresses. Such as loves once lost and trying to retrieve them, how things were made, many transformations whether it be physical characteristics or the thoughts and values of a character changing over time.

You will be able to explore the chaotic party inferno that is the demon realm, the relaxed,serene paradise which is the angelic realm, and the inbetween human realm we live in.

A reason I'm asking about this is also to make sure there isn't another manga or comic series very similar to this one. And who better to know this than avid manga fans on a forum?

Getting feedback on this subject will be a great help and inspiration to me especially if you find this pitch unique or like it and want to hear more about it and even want to see the production of it into a full series.

I'm thinking on calling the Demon world Makai and the Angelic one Eden. But if you think these two are overused and have better suggestions let me know.

So if you took out time to read all this and think it's a cool idea then please respond with some hopefully positive feedback.

Thanks for reading!

I sure do loves my Panda Bear! I feed him bamboo everyday to makes him big and strong! So he can protect me. His lovely Kitty cat.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
07-31-2007, 09:41 AM

It has potential certainly. What kind of audience do you aim for. Kids, adolescent, mature? What kind of style would you give it (refer to existing mangas if you want) and is this a solo attempt at manga or do you work for a company?

Bye
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-31-2007, 12:22 PM

I'd imagine it's quite a difficult balance to mix thought provoking ideas with comedy. The most interesting anime to me are things like Serial Experiments Lain, Kino's Journey and Evangelion which have humorous moments but it would be hard to see them as being comedies.

My favourite comedies would be Azumanga Daioh, Slayers and Ranma, which aren't really that thought provoking. It's hard to think of a series that combines both, Patlabor the TV series is the only one that comes to mind right now.

I think it could be interesting where you accept a story on one level (ie you see it as a romantic comedy) and then there comes a twist that surprises the reader and makes them question what they've just been reading.

Last edited by Haggis : 07-31-2007 at 12:31 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kirayamato1992 (Offline)
JF Regular

07-31-2007, 12:46 PM

I'm kinda interested in it. I would like to ask what is the style you will use to draw your characters?

If i'm correct, the other manga almost similar to this is Angel Sanctuary, although it is mainly about fallen angels, and the main character is protecting a person who is the reincarnation of the main's brother or sister(not sure).

I am really excited, that i have a chance to give comments about a manga which i have not done it before. I love manga and love drawing it too. Although i'm not good at it, i'm better at drawing a single character. I have a lot of ideas, but some of them are already in the market, I really hope i have a chance to draw my own.

I hope it will be ready soon. I will be rady to read it and if i can , i will give saome comments too. Best of luck.

The key that holds the power of the stars
Reveal your true form to me
I, Sakura, commands thee under convent
Release!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

07-31-2007, 01:07 PM

That seems cool but the angel realm reminds me of the garden of eden right?

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Haruko (Offline)
New to JF

07-31-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrazzil View Post
It has potential certainly. What kind of audience do you aim for. Kids, adolescent, mature? What kind of style would you give it (refer to existing mangas if you want) and is this a solo attempt at manga or do you work for a company?
It's aimed towards more of the teen crowd.
And if I do persue this. I will be working alone because I don't know anyone else around here that could help. Plus I think I could only do my own work justice if you know what I mean. Thanks for the feedback!

I sure do loves my Panda Bear! I feed him bamboo everyday to makes him big and strong! So he can protect me. His lovely Kitty cat.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

07-31-2007, 03:05 PM

Sounds pretty cool. I like the concept. How comedic will it be? Because when I think of a manga/anime comedy I think of BoBo-Bo. I think it will turn out very interesting.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Haruko (Offline)
New to JF

07-31-2007, 03:22 PM

Well this is sort of what the art will be like but not exactly. This is an old character design mind you. My art has evolved a bit since then, but this is basically Devlyn. His design no longer includes the wings. This is just to give you an idea of what the art will be like though.

P.S-the girl isn't freaky looking though. Dev's just a demon. lol
And I'm aware his right hand looks idiotic. XD

(#9 (permalink))
Old
BlueGirl (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to BlueGirl Send a message via MSN to BlueGirl Send a message via Yahoo to BlueGirl
08-02-2007, 11:17 PM

I just started on a manga too! My drawing skills are not too great, but I'm working on it.

Family
Sister: EmoxPride
Cousin: ToKyObOxRoBoT, Jo_Kittie
Cousin in Law: NanteNa
Creepy Next-Door-Neighbor: Kittenx
Japanese, Korean and Hong Kong Street Fashion
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Soullessone (Offline)
Now with raisins!

08-23-2007, 09:57 PM

Huh...sounds pretty good.