JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
zeke797 (Offline)
Ruler of FIRE!

Exclamation Fruits Basket ending? - 08-04-2007, 08:31 PM

I didn't really fully understand the ending of Fruits Basket. Personally I think that Fruits Basket is a really good anime and deserves a lot of credit and respect. Defiantly one of the best animes I've ever seen. But the ending it was rather sad. However I think they left it rather open, now there are endings to series that leave the viewer thinking but this was a bit too much thought. I mean who did Tohru end up with? Kyo, Yuki or someone else??? I mean people are saying that Kyo ends up with Tohru, but how do you know that? I mean just because Kyo and Tohru shared a moment at the end doesn't mean that their together. There was a bit that Tohru said in course of the series which was "I want to say to someone that I was born to be with you".
When she said that, and there was that part at the end with Kyo I thought that would be the time she would say that, but she never did. So it raises the question where did anyone get the idea that they were together and why favor Kyo over Yuki? At one point I thought they would make more but those odds are slim to nothing really! Any way can anyone elaborate more on this for me in case I'm missing something!

Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry. This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man. -William Shakespeare
As flies to wanton boys, are we to the gods;They kill us for their sport. - William Shakespeare
Who Dares Wins - British Special Air Service

(#2 (permalink))
Old
Daydreamer (Offline)
Hi everyone

Talking 08-04-2007, 09:56 PM

Everyone thought that Kio will end up with Tohru because in one of the volumes Yuki said that he only thought of Tohru as the mother he really never had.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Albee3B (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Albee3B
Talking 08-04-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke797 View Post
I didn't really fully understand the ending of Fruits Basket. Personally I think that Fruits Basket is a really good anime and deserves a lot of credit and respect. Defiantly one of the best animes I've ever seen. But the ending it was rather sad. However I think they left it rather open, now there are endings to series that leave the viewer thinking but this was a bit too much thought. I mean who did Tohru end up with? Kyo, Yuki or someone else??? I mean people are saying that Kyo ends up with Tohru, but how do you know that? I mean just because Kyo and Tohru shared a moment at the end doesn't mean that their together. There was a bit that Tohru said in course of the series which was "I want to say to someone that I was born to be with you".
When she said that, and there was that part at the end with Kyo I thought that would be the time she would say that, but she never did. So it raises the question where did anyone get the idea that they were together and why favor Kyo over Yuki? At one point I thought they would make more but those odds are slim to nothing really! Any way can anyone elaborate more on this for me in case I'm missing something!
i agree it was a wonderful little anime! i wish there had been a second season to explain more things and tie up loose ends but that isnt possible now..

as for who Tohru ends up with and all that jazz...its all answered in the manga series. I read the manga and its awesome! it goes a lot deeper and gets a bit darker as the volumes go on to talk about the curse and the personal backgrounds of the Sohmas. although it also puts the romance aspect of the series into more of a prominent line up in the plot.

but i personally like it better than the anime. the manga is like 23 or 25 (i can never remember lol) long and just recently ended in japan although its only been translated up to (i believe) book 17 here (17 isnt out tho yet...or it may be just comming out this month).

i have read the series almost completely (i collect the manga volumes when they come out but i also have read scanned translations for later volumes online) but i know who she ends up with and about the curse and that jazz.

I wont spoil it for you but i highly recommend you start reading the manga if you havent already! its good!

sorry for the long post hehe but i hope i helped a bit.

if you want to know anything else about it just pm me! i fancy myself a bit of an expert on the series hehe. (it was one of my first series and holds a special place in my heart )

later!

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow?

Mi Familia

Sisters: tiki808, Hentaro, HappyRiceBall

Brothers: Bakudan, Zagato289, shinka, Sachiko

Neko Brother: nekotakkun

Daughter: emiluvsjmusic

Niece: masako053095

Crazy Neighbor: wolfdreamer
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sunfire (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Sunfire
08-28-2007, 03:35 AM

im new to jf, need friends loves fruits Basket( mostly Kyo^.^). Personally I LOVED the Fruits Basket ending, it was so cute. But on the other hand there was so much more that they could do with it. Like what ever happens to Kyo and Tohru? O r Yuki and Matchi? We will never ever know. It's so sad.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
CrystalTear (Offline)
Ninjaaa

08-28-2007, 09:05 AM

The anime had a really open ending, I agree. But the manga continues after that, so if you read the manga you'll know who Tohru ends up with after all ^^
(#6 (permalink))
Old
rachelsweet (Offline)
JF addict

08-30-2007, 04:45 AM

I read the manga and spoiled the ending for myself. But I won't say, just so I won't piss anybody off.

( ̄ω ̄ ) Wannabe 入れ墨の芸術家
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sachiko (Offline)
*waves*

08-30-2007, 06:32 AM

haha, yeah they have all of the fruits basket manga series on youtube.... hehe...
that's the only reason i know how stuff ends..

(Personal opinion of the manga ending
It was a sad ending tho... i cried
^_^#?

sure has been a while...
(#8 (permalink))
Old
rachelsweet (Offline)
JF addict

08-30-2007, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachiko View Post
haha, yeah they have all of the fruits basket manga series on youtube.... hehe...
that's the only reason i know how stuff ends..

(Personal opinion of the manga ending
It was a sad ending tho... i cried
^_^#?
They have the manga on a site. ALL of it. And not illegally. xD

( ̄ω ̄ ) Wannabe 入れ墨の芸術家
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Sachiko (Offline)
*waves*

08-30-2007, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelsweet View Post