JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
gundamhead01 (Offline)
New to JF

08-17-2007, 06:53 AM

Yeah, I LOVE mechs!! Mainly Gundam, but I'll go for just about any show with a mech in it. Eva, Eureka 7, Sakura Taisen. Even old-school stuff like Voltron and Macross!! But Gundam beats them all hands down!!!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
gundamhead01 (Offline)
New to JF

08-17-2007, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
I wouldn't mind checking out the Gundam series but I don't really know where to start, there's Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, the Movies, so where to begin? do you need to have seen the series to understand the movies?

My fave mecha series would be Eva, Patlabor and Giant Robo (I know that's not strictly mecha but if Tetsujin 28 is considered mecha then so should Robo). The Big-O is also worth seeing but not as good as the above.
If you're trying to decide on a Gundam series to start with, go for Gundam Seed, then the sequal,Gundam Seed: Destiny. Even though it's a modern retelling of the original 1979 series, you don't have to have any former knowledge of Gundam to watch and enjoy it. If you're into the "Universal Century" saga, watch these in order: Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam: The 08th MS Team, Gundam 0080, Gundam 0083, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam, and top it off with the movie "Char's Counterattack". Finally, for a little fun, try G Gundam, then finish with Gundam Wing, then Endless Waltz!!!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
kirayamato1992 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-17-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamhead01 View Post
If you're trying to decide on a Gundam series to start with, go for Gundam Seed, then the sequal,Gundam Seed: Destiny. Even though it's a modern retelling of the original 1979 series, you don't have to have any former knowledge of Gundam to watch and enjoy it. If you're into the "Universal Century" saga, watch these in order: Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam: The 08th MS Team, Gundam 0080, Gundam 0083, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam, and top it off with the movie "Char's Counterattack". Finally, for a little fun, try G Gundam, then finish with Gundam Wing, then Endless Waltz!!!
Wow !!!! You sure know a lot about the gundams. I watch almost all the gundams but i forgot how the sequence was.

I love Gundams series, I started watching Mobile Suit Gundam, then Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Double Zeta Gundam, Gundam X, Endless Waltz, Gundam 0083, followed by Gundam Seed and Destiny. And currently watching Stargazer.

Besides the gundam series, I also like Eva, Zoids, Raxephon, Eureka 7 and Escaflowne.

The key that holds the power of the stars
Reveal your true form to me
I, Sakura, commands thee under convent
Release!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-17-2007, 12:40 PM

8th MS team was pretty win. I didn't care for the love story mucking everything up, but it still contains one of the most awesome duels in mecha history. That would have to be my favorite Gundam series. Picture VERY related.

Also, Gouf Custom is the best MS ever.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-17-2007, 03:33 PM

There's just so much Gundam out there to be viewed! Start off with 50 episodes of Gundam seed, before watching another 50 of the sequel. Guess it's a pretty popular series. I really hope I don't get into it, I need to have some sort of social life.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
BleachFanatic (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to BleachFanatic
08-18-2007, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samael View Post
8th MS team was pretty win. I didn't care for the love story mucking everything up, but it still contains one of the most awesome duels in mecha history. That would have to be my favorite Gundam series. Picture VERY related.

Also, Gouf Custom is the best MS ever.
hellz yea i remember that duel the sword is so leet i started on Gundam wing but thats what came on so i watched it lol and saw char's counterattack before i saw Endless Waltz " why do they do that to the gundams i'd keep mine "

www.halomods.com for you halo modding needs
(#17 (permalink))
Old
st2l (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-18-2007, 07:56 PM

I was thinking about watching Gundam wing, but now I'll watch it for sure
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-19-2007, 03:36 AM

If your going to watch a super robot-ish Gundam, Wing would be the way to go. The plot an characters may be fucked but at least the mech fights were great. Auto-win for Heavyarms and Wing Zero awesomeness.

Just to clarify I'm not a SEED/Destiny fan...
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Oni (Offline)
<3

Send a message via AIM to Oni Send a message via Yahoo to Oni
08-21-2007, 11:29 PM

I'm a big Mecha fan as well and I love The Big O along with Eureka Seven. I like the old stuff too like Voltron, Macross ( I even had Robotech: Battlecry for GC) as well as Gundam.

They all kick ass in my book.

A Sonozaki at her finest (links may be spoilers):

http://higurashiualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/
http://higurashicowbell.ytmnd.com/

Aishite mo ii kai?