JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Anime Streaming websites, Good or Bad? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/679470-anime-streaming-websites-good-bad.html)

MioAkiyama 10-15-2015 09:56 AM

Anime Streaming websites, Good or Bad?

Hello all, I simply love Anime and Video Games, I've translated and FanDubbed many Anime's to English.

I've come across many Anime video streaming websites, I can not help but wonder that such websites are harming the Anime industry.

Many people that I know are ok with capturing these down sampled videos and archiving tham as their main copy of the series/movie.

I on the other hand simply refuse to do as such, why? When projecting such low quality videos on my 120" screen the artifacts from the high compression ratio and the low frame rate is very apparent, it trends to become annoying and somewhat tedious.

What's your take on the matter?

Regards

Mio

Aoyagi 10-16-2015 02:34 AM

I think it harms the industry. It takes money to make these, just like music and it takes paying customers to support the industry.

MioAkiyama 10-16-2015 09:51 AM

Anime is like one of those things, you either like it or hate it. In the West many think animation in general are targeted towards children, the fact that its another form of media is overlooked, every anime I've come across, is able to entertain teenager and at the same time has a deeper message that adults understand.

A prime example, Studio Ghibli Movies, Ponyo sheds light on the environmental impact of dumping unwanted rubbish in the sea, not every teenager would think of such matters yet the parents or adult would start pondering on the issue, this is but one example.

MioAkiyama 10-16-2015 10:03 AM

One such website proudly say the following:

Who Are We?
Who are we at ***? We're is a simple Anime streaming website. This website was created by Anime fans - for Anime fans of both Dubbed and Subtitled likes - and is going to continue to be run by Anime fans. We serve only Anime series on ****, and have no plans for anything else at present (Manga in our future?)

Unlike most Anime streaming websites - **** is quite proud to boast one of the largest collections of both English Dubbed Anime and English Subtitled Anime in one place, on one website. Our website is hard at work every day scouring for any remaining English Dubbed Anime to encode and upload for our viewers, while simultaneously working on putting up the Japanese Dubbed/English Subtitled alternative for viewers that prefer it in its native language. We display every Anime series that has an English Dub with both Dubbed and Subtitled options on the website. So, for fans of both; watch what you like. Or, test both and find out which you prefer more!

Our website is updated every single day, multiple times per day, with the newest releases right from Japan, and the newest releases straight from the United States! Watch all your Anime, both Dubbed and Subtitled on ***!

Little did they know of the impact their actions has on the industry, forget the United States uploaders, but the admin, 'who's based in Japan, should think of his action before acting. Sadly Japan has no power to shutdown such websites. :mad:

The US film makers Universal studios among others have been firing all directions with lawsuits. :D

Its a pity I suppose. :o

MioAkiyama 10-17-2015 10:51 AM

Japanese only import?

Was wondering, I've had to import many Anime series direct from Japan, just to name a few; Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Gin no Saji, Hanasaku Iroha, Kiniro Mosaic, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka. It can be troublesome to first extract the content, re-encode the video to 60fps (interpretation frames) looked for make subs and sync them to the video, reburn to disc, (sometime if the series is really good, it calls for a FanDub) anyway.

Why can't Japanese Anime publishers add English subtitles as standard on Japanese anime official release? By doing as such, you open your market to the world, I've come across Korean Movies with English Subs readily available in the world sections of film stores in London.

AlfredMana 10-30-2015 07:56 AM

I think it's not all so bad. In some instances, people go as far as to sell organs or offer sex in order to support their hobby, in such causes, streaming websites are not so bad, it prevents such extremes.:p

I've heard about high school/college girls who offer sex to gather the money needed for the latest iPhone or Samsung S. Good lord... Simply what has the world come to?:eek:

It's peer pressure I suppose, the mentally that "you need the latest version of iPhone or Samsung S to look cool" it's tragic that, many people do things to impress people who they don't like to begin with.:cool:

I say, friends whom abandon you on the grounds that "you're not cool" are "friends" you're better off without, one golden rule, "be ture to yourself".:vsign:

tokyoscgirl21 02-03-2016 07:43 AM

Unfortunately a lot of the anime channels and such I can't really afford so if watching it online is the only resort I have then I'll have to take it.