JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MioAkiyama (Offline)
New to JF

Question Am I too obsessed with Anime? - 10-15-2015, 10:29 AM

Hello all, your input is much appreciated.

In recent years I've noticed that my Anime collection has sky rocketed not only that but, I find myself buying many copies of the same Anime, eg, 5 DVDs, 5 Bruray of the same Anime, when it comes to series, I purchase the individual volumes, later when the Complete boxset is released, I purchase the boxset. In the end I have many new and still sealed copies of it.

My thinking behind it was, if you love something, why not support it?

Some of my Japanese friends 'at a London meet-up' think that I might be a borderline Otaku, how can this be? I am a student at a University, furthermore I work part-time and play in a band, admittedly, I do encode whatever Anime series that I am currently watching to high quality MKV from my bluray and take it with me on my 128GB microSD 10" Tablet, perfect on the London Tube. (commute to work and Uni is very long.)

Most stories I've come across about people branded as Otakus are normally people who seclude themselves to to their room, hardly ever go out and are unemployed.

What's your take.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MioAkiyama (Offline)
New to JF

10-16-2015, 10:36 PM

Just wanted to add, I simply love MMD, I've just finished motion capturing my latest new Years 2016 mix, it will be projected on the side of a huge building on new years as part of my media and creativity project.

It was rather shocking to see Miku projected in 3D on my 180" wall

I am also working on a direct port of MMD to Nvidia based Android devices, excellent utilisation of the provided CUDA cores.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Arsudar (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to Arsudar
08-02-2016, 01:59 PM

In my opinion, yes it is if you love something, why not support it? I also consider myself as a "game otaku". I play games alot and buy bunch of things about gaming. However there is one thing bother me, if we do not feel anything wrong, why we ask ourselves "am I too obsessed with (something)?"