JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Epic anime moments - 08-15-2007, 04:26 AM

ITT your favorite epic anime moments. Post pics or screencaps, and be warned of SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

I don't know about you all, but what keeps me watching anime is those "HOLY SHIT!" moments that give you chills, make you tear up, and pump you up to watch some serious ass get kicked. You know the ones, that singular moment that completly enthralls you and leaves you breathless, the ones that define the experience for you and are forever burned into you mind as the very defenition of that show, those fleeting few moments where you feel like you've never seen anything so amazing in your entire life.

My list.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Episode 15 Simon vs. Teppellin: This single frame embodies everything that is Gurren Lagann. In the cockpit of the Lagann Simon grins as he stands to face the army which ruled the planet for a thousand years, he who imprisioned humanity underground, killed his parents, and most of all his brother. Sometimes when you take everything a man has you destroy him, but sometime you create a man with nothing to lose. "I will make a hole through heaven itself! Even if that hole becomes my grave, as long as I break through I AM VICTORIOUS!!!" Oh fuck yes.

Eureka Seven: Episode 50 Go get her dude!
Yeah we all knew it was coming, hell if I didn't cry anyway. You can't help but respect Renton's near Garlock level drive to be with this girl. There is definatly something to be said for a someone maning up and taking what's his back and damn the consequences. Renton, I salute you sir.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Episode 2 01 vs Sachiel
Evangelion, being my introduction to anime contains the biggest "OH SHIT" moments of all, though not quite the best at this point. The first time you see an Eva cut loose is more like a one sided street brawl than a mech fight. Your treated to a quick but visceral beat down as 01 deflects a half assed attack like nothing, tackles the thing and begins to pummel it like Butterbean on Johnny Knoxville in the first Jackass movie. This being my first real anime, I was thinking "Now that's what I'm talking about BIATCH!" Oh yeah, good times.

Also, pic is from Rebuild. Fuck yeah!

More to come, I've alredy written a novel here and I'm curious what others have to say. Give me your favorite moments folks!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sakurachan (Offline)
JF Regular

My moments... - 08-16-2007, 03:09 PM

Okay, so I'm not as precise or dramatic as you, and I'm sadly lacking in the pics/clips area- my computer keeps messing it up- but here they are...

Fruits Basket- when Kyo transforms into his 'true form', and Tohru runs after him in the rain to the graveyard where her mum is buried. Not so dramatic the adrenaline as the fact that I cry EVERY time I see it!

Naruto- Hell, there are *loads* for Naruto!! The Haku fight always gets me... and the Naruto x Sasuke fight, just before Sasuke leaves to join Orachimaru. Oh! And *definitely* the Naruto x Gaara fight in the woods outside Konoha. Uwaaah!!! I *love* that fight. And the one where they're all chasing Sasuke when Orachimaru's cronies are taking him away in that barrel, and they're all just not giving up...seriously, SO good!

Gilgamesh- the whole damn thing. Really.

I could write soooo much mor, but I, too, have the makings of a novel here, so I'll go now...bye...

xx

Kōhi wa suki dewa arimasen... Je n'aime pas du café... I don't like coffee... why is this such a good phrase for me?