JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Blood: The Last Vampire (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/7127-blood-last-vampire.html)

MMM 08-19-2007 09:46 AM

Blood: The Last Vampire

This was a really cool, but too short, anime DVD. The 2D and 3D are mixed really well, and the story isn't TOO detailed (unfortunately) but is really nicely done style-wise.

KuroFukushu 08-19-2007 04:47 PM

I've seen it at the store, and I've always wanted to watch it but I never got to. I think I saw a commercial or something for it though, it looks awesome :3

ILOVEJAPAN 08-19-2007 05:43 PM

:)

I loved this movie! Oshi Maroru is a very talented director. Is it suposed to switch from english, to Japanese with subs? When I was watching it I set it on english dubs, but it randomly kept switching...

Im sure you heard of Blood+ (currently airing in the US on [adultswim]) Unfortunatly Oshi Mamoru has nothing to do with it, but it is a great show.

MMM 08-19-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILOVEJAPAN (Post 211451)
I loved this movie! Oshi Maroru is a very talented director. Is it suposed to switch from english, to Japanese with subs? When I was watching it I set it on english dubs, but it randomly kept switching...

Im sure you heard of Blood+ (currently airing in the US on [adultswim]) Unfortunatly Oshi Mamoru has nothing to do with it, but it is a great show.

Yes, Saya speaks English with the agent like-guys, and the school is an American school next to a base, that's why all the kids speak English. The nurse speaks both. I would recommend it in Japanese with subs...though there isn't that much said in the movie overall.

SovereignEvil 08-19-2007 06:50 PM

That DVD is so awesome! And there's so... much... blood....! O_O *drool*

ivi0nk3y 08-20-2007 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SovereignEvil (Post 211509)
That DVD is so awesome! And there's so... much... blood....! O_O *drool*

Damn I really hate your choice in music. Oh well!

MihoSayuri 08-21-2007 05:54 PM

!!!!

I absolutely LOVE this movie! I thought it was animated great and was really good. XD I wish it was longer though.

And I don't have much an interest in Blood+. I just like the original story compared to the anime series.

MMM 08-21-2007 06:10 PM

I just started watching Blood+, and it is surprisingly good, actually. The Blood movie was beautifully done, but didn't give a lot of background. The TV series starts withthe Saya basically having amnesia, and living as a normal school girl. It isn't long her past catches up to her...

ILOVEJAPAN 08-21-2007 09:12 PM

yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 213598)
I just started watching Blood+, and it is surprisingly good, actually. The Blood movie was beautifully done, but didn't give a lot of background. The TV series starts withthe Saya basically having amnesia, and living as a normal school girl. It isn't long her past catches up to her...

The anime is very good, but I felt like it got boring and stupid somwhere along the way, but then redeemed itself. So stick with it to the end.

Oni 08-21-2007 09:51 PM

Blood+ is a good show, it does indeed get boring... but then Saya picks up her sword again and kicks some ass! :vsign: