LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-05-2007, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikess View Post
i may be wrong about this, but i heard that miyazaki didn't even want him doing such a high budget film.

though i haven't seen it, but the empire magazine gave it 3 out of 5 which i suppose since it's the guys first film really isn't that bad.

i'll still buy it though. just for the collection.

Yea, Hayao Miyazaki, didnt want Goro Miyazaki, to work on such a big project without any experience. Hayao Miyazaki, wasnt (im not sure if he still isnt) talking to his son. Although, after the movie premeire he left his son a note saying "good job" or somthing like that.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
kerry (Offline)
New to JF

09-05-2007, 03:40 AM

Still.. it was watchable. Mmm, and I love the song Therru sings.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
cherale1 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to cherale1 Send a message via Yahoo to cherale1
damn! - 09-11-2007, 04:35 PM

I havent seen it yet but wow. I've read what everyones said and personally it makes me wanna watch the movie. I love all of Studio Ghibli's films. Some more so then others. I tried watching My Neighbors the Yamada's but couldn't so I ended up giving that to someone else otherwise I have all of the S.G. films released in the US.

Its honorable that he wants to follow in his fathers steps. He may not be on par but everyone has to start somewhere. True it could of been a lower budget movie but oh well. I'll still watch it when it gets released here. whether I buy it or not though I don't know. lol...Most likely will just to have the film. lol

Anyway thats what I think...*shrugs*
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-11-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherale1 View Post
I havent seen it yet but wow. I've read what everyones said and personally it makes me wanna watch the movie. I love all of Studio Ghibli's films. Some more so then others. I tried watching My Neighbors the Yamada's but couldn't so I ended up giving that to someone else otherwise I have all of the S.G. films released in the US.

Its honorable that he wants to follow in his fathers steps. He may not be on par but everyone has to start somewhere. True it could of been a lower budget movie but oh well. I'll still watch it when it gets released here. whether I buy it or not though I don't know. lol...Most likely will just to have the film. lol

Anyway thats what I think...*shrugs*
Unforutanatly we will have to wait until at least 2009, because, in the US, the rights are tied up with a TV drama addaption of the same novel.