JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
yukiNnight (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to yukiNnight
to those who loves/likes anime/manga - 10-01-2007, 12:44 AM

ok u like anime/manga and don't have time to read it in stores and your parents won't let u buy them. here are 2 sites you can go on to read free manga
the first one is
www. mangavolume.com
next is
www. onemanga.com

hope u will enjoy it oh yeah and most of those book are not released in america yet but it's translated in english so enjoy!!! oh yeah there is this book call boku ni natta watashi and it's a really good book for girls if u need more just IM me or mail
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Devan (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Devan
10-01-2007, 12:53 AM

sweet, thanks!!!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
yukiNnight (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to yukiNnight
10-01-2007, 12:55 AM

you're welcome
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-01-2007, 01:08 AM

Already knew these, but Thanks anyhow! Your devotion will not go unnoticed...^_^ I'm a dramatic comedian of sorts =P But really, thanks.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
animerox102 (Offline)
Hello there! ^^

Send a message via MSN to animerox102 Send a message via Yahoo to animerox102 Send a message via Skype™ to animerox102
10-01-2007, 01:08 AM

THANK YOU!!! *glomps on your head*

Anime Expo 2011 attendee
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-01-2007, 01:36 AM

I hate to be the one to say it, but a lot of those manga on both those site ARE licenced in the US and other places. I don't have anything against scanlations, as long as they are removed when the title is licensed outside Japan. A lot of the titles there (I looked) are just COPIES of the American release, which as someone who makes a living in this field, is the same as stealing.

When you read scans of licenced material online it's the same as downloading a movie or a music CD without paying for it. A lot of people put a lot of work to bring great manga out of Japan, and sites like those hurt those efforts.

Food for thought.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-01-2007, 01:38 AM

MMM is helpful but...he always seems to spoil the fun u_u. No offence, I have a wierd image of "fub" to begin with so...=P

(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-01-2007, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermad147 View Post
MMM is helpful but...he always seems to spoil the fun u_u. No offence, I have a wierd image of "fub" to begin with so...=P

I know, I know . . . like I said. I can't make anyone not go read them online, but if you do find a title that you like, go buy it. There's a better chance of your favorite series not getting cancelled if you actually purchase the books and let the publisher know people are enjoying it.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Jessica91 (Offline)
Secrets should be kept...

10-16-2007, 10:30 PM

I know, their great! it good that we don't have to download them cos they're always in zip files. online scanlations are great!

Jessicaxo

(#10 (permalink))
Old
zenit (Offline)
i'm evil kyuubi

10-16-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I hate to be the one to say it, but a lot of those manga on both those site ARE licenced in the US and other places. I don't have anything against scanlations, as long as they are removed when the title is licensed outside Japan. A lot of the titles there (I looked) are just COPIES of the American release, which as someone who makes a living in this field, is the same as stealing.

When you read scans of licenced material online it's the same as downloading a movie or a music CD without paying for it. A lot of people put a lot of work to bring great manga out of Japan, and sites like those hurt those efforts.

Food for thought.
No ofense but i'm not american, and like me there are lots of people who dont get access to manga, here is very hard to find it.
I buy what i can even if i've read it on the internet, so i'm truly not causing any harm.
Actually i will buy it faster if i know its good (because iv read it on internet, or at least some chapters).
"Sites like those" dont hurt anyone, people who dont recognise the work of the ones that make the manga (by using those sites instead of buying the manga) do!!
Besides theres no way reading on a site is as satisfying as reading from a book with the paper textures and the smell and all that!