JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

KoiKaze: I can't believe this was on the cartoon network! - 10-02-2010, 03:55 AM

I downloaded and watched this anime called "KoiKaze" (Love Wind ) My copy was a recording from the Cartoon network so it was there for kids to watch.

Koikaze is about a man that falls in love with his teen age sister!!!!!

The weird part is, as you watch you think somethings going to happen: She ends up being adopted, one of them dies, something! I mean, they can't let brother and sister fall in love and have sex can they? The answer is YES!! I can't believe that's how it ends, I can't believe kids in the U.S. saw it on a cartoon channel!

(#2 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

Send a message via Skype™ to MuRaSaKiiNkI
10-02-2010, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
I downloaded and watched this anime called "KoiKaze" (Love Wind ) My copy was a recording from the Cartoon network so it was there for kids to watch.

Koikaze is about a man that falls in love with his teen age sister!!!!!

The weird part is, as you watch you think somethings going to happen: She ends up being adopted, one of them dies, something! I mean, they can't let brother and sister fall in love and have sex can they? The answer is YES!! I can't believe that's how it ends, I can't believe kids in the U.S. saw it on a cartoon channel!
Yeah, it's crazy how American TV can take a Japanese show and completely edit it and censor it, taking out the whole meaning of the show and replacing it with their "rated-G" version. They probably didn't know it was about the man loving his teenage sister, and thought it was just about a good sibling relationship, and then cut out all the uncomfortable parts. This is why I don't watch anime on American TV anymore.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-02-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuRaSaKiiNkI View Post
Yeah, it's crazy how American TV can take a Japanese show and completely edit it and censor it, taking out the whole meaning of the show and replacing it with their "rated-G" version. They probably didn't know it was about the man loving his teenage sister, and thought it was just about a good sibling relationship, and then cut out all the uncomfortable parts. This is why I don't watch anime on American TV anymore.
Yes, I think that's what happened.
Can you imagine Mom coming into the living room and asking her kids, "So, what are you watching?".
Kid answers, " It's a cartoon about a guy who loves his sister."
Mom, " That's sweet. You should learn and be nice to your sister too. "

Except for the bizarreness of the topic, the Anime was pretty good. It reminded me of Adachi Mitsuru's Miyuki.