JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   "MANGA conquers America" WIRED (11-07) (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/8842-%22manga-conquers-america%22-wired-%2811-07%29.html)

MMM 10-21-2007 08:37 AM

"MANGA conquers America" WIRED (11-07)

with 8 pages of articles and pics, and a cool "non-flipped" flipped 10 page manga telling the history of manga in the USA. Really good stuff.

Kudos to WIRED for doing this cover story.

(I also love thier "Japanese Schoolgirl Watch" which isn't nearly as perverted as it sounds. Every month they feature some Japanese youth trend, as well.)

ivi0nk3y 10-21-2007 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 272910)

with 8 pages of articles and pics, and a cool "non-flipped" flipped 10 page manga telling the history of manga in the USA. Really good stuff.

(I also love thier "Japanese Schoolgirl Watch" which isn't nearly as perverted as it sounds. Every month they feature some Japanese youth trend, as well.)

About time someone accepted it. Almost makes me think that the Japanese have some kinda subliminal messages in their Anime and stuff to make it as popular as it is :rolleyes:

Michieru 10-21-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 272910)

lol i love wired!!! havent seen this one yet but awesome.
lol and i was always interested on knowing if their japanese schoolgirl watch was all that true

and they got a bunch of other really interesting stuff for the techy mind

gotta catch up on the mags...

MMM 10-21-2007 05:58 PM

The Japanese Schoolgirl Watch is true. They stopped one month and people flipped out.

Shiningmonkey 10-21-2007 08:39 PM

I think anime does have subliminal messages and they are working on me!!

But what is the Japanese School Girl Watch?

Acidreptile 10-21-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiningmonkey (Post 273425)

Indeed.Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT for example are full of satanic subliminar messages.

ivi0nk3y 10-21-2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acidreptile (Post 273432)
Indeed.Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT for example are full of satanic subliminar messages.

Well they do have a character called Mr.Satan and Dabura is Satan looking, tho he's meant to be cos he's king of the underworld.. but I dunno, I don't think it makes us want to worship Satan so much.
I think those are just the Japanese being weird lol. They do that a lot afterall in other Anime/Manga too :D

Gunslinger 10-21-2007 11:49 PM

Is this an american magazine? i havnt seen it before:confused:

MMM 10-22-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunslinger (Post 273578)
Is this an american magazine? i havnt seen it before:confused:

Yes, but I have seen it at Kinokuniya in Japan.

MMM 10-22-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiningmonkey (Post 273425)

Every month they feature some Japanese youth trend.