JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Anime/manga and you - 11-02-2007, 02:59 AM

I was wondering...Has anyone's life been majorly impacted by there first anime? Or any anime for that manner? I'm not talking about your social life, I mean your personal outlook and such. After I first read "D.N.Angel", WAAAAY back when I was around 11 (Or younger...Can't remember >_<), it struck me pretty hard. I had not only had no interest in romance before D.N.Angel, I hadn't even thought about it until then. I watched Tenchi Muyo before that (8-years-old), but I didn't quite get it back then -_^. <-- Dont worry! It was the cartoon Network child-friendly version ^_^.

I've now decided I will try to be consistant in having Daisuke of D.N.Angel as my icon, since I still love this character for introducing me to innocent love stories ^_^. What affect did your first anime/manga have on you?

(#2 (permalink))
Old
DEATHPANDA (Offline)
JF Regular

11-02-2007, 02:30 PM

I can't even remember the first anime I watched. I think it was Neon Genesis when I was about 10. It fucked me up a bit.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-02-2007, 04:38 PM

15 years seems such a long time ago... I guess my first Anime could have been Akira, but I'm not sure why I would have brought it, having never heard of Anime before. Then again it might have been Legend Of The Overfiend, I can see why that might of had a certain appeal.

The affect it had on me? Erm... it made me interested in Japanese culture, history and society?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Edrik (Offline)
JF Regular

11-03-2007, 04:41 AM

My first manga was Ranma ½. This manga was the first I ever saw and brought me into the beautiful world of manga and anime. I was never really into graphic novels since I thought of them as silly childish picture books, but while in my school library I found this book and I skimmed through it, what did I find...that I was a big pervert...there was pictures of Ranma and Akane exposed...anyway the first Anime I saw was Gundam Wing and after that I fell in love with science-fiction anime and ecchi/romance manga ^_^
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-03-2007, 06:57 AM

My first anime?Probably Yu-Yu Hakusho.