JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
DragonShade (Offline)
美魚さんは白鳥な

Higurashi & Monster - 11-14-2007, 08:25 AM

I am so crazed about these two animes , at cult level.XDD. I notice these two dont have much popularity , especially the latter , Monster. Any1 a fan of either one ? or Am I the only fan here.. The two are fantastic animes...

YouTube - insanity of a monster

YouTube - ひぐらしのなく頃に-YOU

And how do I put video here , I tried the embed code , didnt work

白鳥は哀しからずや、空の青、うみのあをにも、染まず ただよふ。 
美魚さんは白鳥、僕は青、ぼくらは交わらない

My Anime List

Chara Listing XD

Last edited by DragonShade : 11-14-2007 at 08:38 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-14-2007, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonShade View Post
I am so crazed about these two animes , at cult level.XDD. I notice these two dont have much popularity , especially the latter , Monster. Any1 a fan of either one ? or Am I the only fan here.. The two are fantastic animes...

YouTube - insanity of a monster

YouTube - ひぐらしのなく頃に-YOU

And how do I put video here , I tried the embed code , didnt work
I share you're obsession with Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. As for Monster, I love the manga, but I have yet to see the anime (waiting for it to be licensed).

Higurashi is'nt that well no since the english language version is relatvley new. And Monster isn't even licensed. Give it time. It might take awhile before english speakers are very familier with either of these titles.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kasandora (Offline)
New to JF

Omg! - 11-15-2007, 12:42 AM

YAY! my People! *dies*
(#4 (permalink))
Old
DragonShade (Offline)
美魚さんは白鳥な

11-15-2007, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEJAPAN View Post
I share you're obsession with Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. As for Monster, I love the manga, but I have yet to see the anime (waiting for it to be licensed).

Higurashi is'nt that well no since the english language version is relatvley new. And Monster isn't even licensed. Give it time. It might take awhile before english speakers are very familier with either of these titles.
you mean dub version? I hold no personal fav for dub , I like sub. You can download them , since they arent liscenced yet . XD

美魚さんは白鳥、僕は青、ぼくらは交わらない

My Anime List

Chara Listing XD
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-15-2007, 01:20 AM

Monster is one of my faves. The anime and the manga are pretty identical, but both are worth having. I can't see it being licenced though, it's a big risk being 74 episodes.

Apparantly Hollywood want to do a live-action movie of it (like they did with Parasyte and Evangelion), but I can't see this working.

Last edited by Haggis : 11-15-2007 at 01:32 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
DragonShade (Offline)
美魚さんは白鳥な

11-15-2007, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Monster is one of my faves. The anime and the manga are pretty identical, but both are worth having. I can't see it being licenced though, it's a big risk being 74 episodes.

Apparantly Hollywood want to do a live-action movie of it (like they did with Parasyte and Evangelion), but I can't see this working.
Yea , I heard about it a long ago , but dont know if it would work out....

美魚さんは白鳥、僕は青、ぼくらは交わらない

My Anime List

Chara Listing XD
(#7 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-16-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post

I heard about that as well. I don't know how much trouble it would be to get the rights, but budgeting wouldn't need to be that high because somthing like that dosent require so many special effects.

Would it really be such a risk? I know it's not so...main-stream, but the manga is licesensed and I assume it's selling well, because they do fill shelf space in the manga section, and keeps getting restalked (at least at the bookstores I have been to)
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-16-2007, 12:59 AM

I just can't see the live action movie working because how are you going to fit it into 90 minutes?

Also why I think it's risky is because it's an 'all or nothing' anime. If you take something like Ranma, I could just buy a couple of seasons and be happy with it, but with Monster, if you're not going to buy all the dvd's (15 - 20?) then it's not really worth buying any of them. Would people who have the manga and the fansubs commit themselves to this?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
DragonShade (Offline)
美魚さんは白鳥な

11-16-2007, 03:53 AM

I think they should do a TV series , with seaons , instead of a single movie..

美魚さんは白鳥、僕は青、ぼくらは交わらない

My Anime List

Chara Listing XD
(#10 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-16-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonShade View Post
I think they should do a TV series , with seaons , instead of a single movie..
That would be a good Idea. The manga always seemed more like somthing that would be made into a TV show than an anime. I'm actualy pretty suprised that they made an anime.

Haggis: Good point about the time thing, they could condence the plot into somthing shorter, but that could turn out awkwerd, and hard to follow.