(#11 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-15-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattaccia View Post
hahaha Not really, But I see your nice try!! I sent that Cool! you r the 1st Italian who sent me a reply, and you ve been to Japan. I'm happy that you like my country. I'm enough patriot. I'm sorry that I write bad at l and r, b and v.

then how are you? how is barcelona? YOu know what the 1st thing which your city makes me remember is the song of Fredy mercury and Monserat Cavalier" Barcelona" . Amasing song... Do you like that?
What!!?? lol Gosh, primo means cousin in Spanish and yeah it was pretty obvious that paese was country (país in Sp)... Okay, I guess that proves how Italian and Spanish ain't got much in common xD!

Barcelona is... um busy, mass of traffic and totally filled with tourists; but it's not too big compared to other European capitals such an Paris or London, I guess that's what makes it attractive to tourists?

And yup I know what song you're talking about! The one for the Olympic Games... though I'm too young to remember any of that, I'd only been born a few years before >.<'

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#12 (permalink))
Old
gattaccia (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-16-2008, 10:46 AM

Hi. yesterday I found dvd of Queen's montrial(?) concert tour!! ... freddie mercury.... I spelled wrong before... scema! It means 'stupid(for girl)' in Italian.
mmm I guess you were born in early 80's, rn't you? Me neither know him directly, but the voice is forever.
Then yes. you taught me somehow the difference between Spanish and Italian! lol .But I'm sorry for losing my spanish cos I spoke good enough spanish 15years ago. what a nostargia!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

01-17-2008, 09:49 PM

No, not in the early 80ies, I'm a biiiiiit younger than that. I'm not much into Queen's music but there're some songs I like: The Show Must Go On, Friends Will Be Friends and the classic We Are The Champions

Hahaha no need to be sorry, it's been 15 years and if you haven't had the chance to practise it, it's only normal. Plus I know how hard it must for a non-Spanish speaking person to get to master the language and then retain the knowledge after not using it for a long time.

So, I'd appreciate some help on basic Italian since I know... pretty much nothing, as it's been proved Grazie means 'thanks', right? And you say Ciao both when you mean to say 'hi' and 'bye' <-- that's gonna be confusing x) Anything else I need to know? Okay, I'm confessing, I got a bad habit, I tend to use English all the time when travelling and don't even try to speak a word of the language that's spoken in the country I'm in, I just take it that everyone has an intermediate level of English... I remember when I went to Paris I'd just talk in English with everyone and the man at the newsagent's was like 'Girl, you got on the wrong plane. You're in France not England' xDDDDDDDD!

(#14 (permalink))
Old
gattaccia (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-18-2008, 12:12 PM

[quote=Suki;360203] I'm confessing, I got a bad habit, I tend to use English all the time when travelling and don't even try to speak a word of the language that's spoken in the country I'm in,

Good point!! you smart girl! You know that speaking just english is not a good way to know new culture and meet people. I agree. Also here in Florence, there are many especially Americans who just speak english all around (of course not every american but many!! ) I dont say it's bad, but the language is the culture, better respect it at least in the country which use their own language. mmm I wonder if I explain well....
ok

short italian lesson for u;

ciao. Sono Tomoko. Piacere ( shake hands the 1st meet, eventually 2 kisses on the cheek ,,,, spanish do 3 times? lol). Come ti chiami? Sei una studentessa (o un Studente for boy, obviously)? E sono di Giappone, ma di dove sei? Se ti va, prendiamo un cappuccino insieme?

this is a kinda "nanpa" conversation. hahaha.

Hi. This is Tomoko. Nice to meet you. What your name? R u a student? I'm from Japan, where r u from? If you want, let's have a cappuccino together?

uh huh I remember in spanish, Me llamo Tomoko , Come te llamas? right?
Italian "mi" and "me" r properly contrary in Spanish's.

The Italian lesson.... to be continued....
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

01-23-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattaccia View Post
Good point!! you smart girl! You know that speaking just english is not a good way to know new culture and meet people. I agree. Also here in Florence, there are many especially Americans who just speak english all around (of course not every american but many!! ) I dont say it's bad, but the language is the culture, better respect it at least in the country which use their own language. mmm I wonder if I explain
But how am I gonna get to know a person if I don't understand a word of what they're saying?! Hahahaha that's why I stick to English even though I could... make an effort and try to speak a language other than English when travelling, see how far I'd get

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattaccia
short italian lesson for u; ciao. Sono Tomoko. Piacere ( shake hands the 1st meet, eventually 2 kisses on the cheek ,,,, spanish do 3 times? lol). Come ti chiami? Sei una studentessa (o un Studente for boy, obviously)? E sono di Giappone, ma di dove sei? Se ti va, prendiamo un cappuccino insieme?

this is a kinda "nanpa" conversation. hahaha.

Hi. This is Tomoko. Nice to meet you. What your name? R u a student? I'm from Japan, where r u from? If you want, let's have a cappuccino together?
Nope, Spanish do two kisses, one on each cheek; I think it's French people who do three? Okay, so I'll give it a go: Ciao. Sono Suki *kisses cheek lol*Como ti chiami? Sei una studentessa e sono di 'Spain' [err Spagne...?]. Se ti va, prendiamo una birra insieme?

How do you say "I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend" ? I've been told that Italian guys don't hesitate to hit on foreign girls x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattaccia
uh huh I remember in spanish, Me llamo Tomoko , Come te llamas? right?
Italian "mi" and "me" r properly contrary in Spanish's.
Yeah, that's right. It's 'como te llamas', not come, that means eat xD! And mi is a possesive adjective [mi coche = my car] and me is a neuter pronoun which is often mistaken for the subject of the sentence.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-23-2008, 04:57 PM

Io parlo italiano! non anche terrificante bene ma io pratico fin da 5 anni e mio padre posseduto una casa vicino a roma (io sono francese ^ ^)

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

01-23-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koaku View Post
Io parlo italiano! non anche terrificante bene ma io pratico fin da 5 anni e mio padre posseduto una casa vicino a roma (io sono francese ^ ^)
I speak Italian. Not terrificly well but I've been practicing since I was 5 years old, my dad owns a house near Rome (I am French).

Woooooh I understood it!

(#18 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-23-2008, 05:33 PM

hey! you speak italian Oral Girl??

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#19 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

01-23-2008, 06:55 PM

I understand some of it.
I used to study it
But it's gone now.
But italian accents are SOO hard.
I can read it and understand it (in general) but thats about it.

Here goes:
Mi chiamo Yinnie
Ho 17 anni.
Mi piace Tiramisu e JROCK.

~~

Le Tiramisu, por favore
Quanto costa?

HAH! i suck at this.
This is shameful. XDD
Thats about it..off the top of my head.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#20 (permalink))
Old
shinigami13 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-23-2008, 10:07 PM

Hi Gattaccia I'm Italian too and I'm from Sicily. I love Japan and all that is Japanese and I hope maybe someday I'll go to live there. I'm new in the forum but feel free to ask everything you need

Ciao Gattaccia, anch'io sono italiano e vengo dalla Sicilia. Amo il Giappone e tuto ciò che è giapponese e spero qualche giorno di andarci a vivere. Sono nuovo nel forum ma se hai bisogno di qualcosa chiedi pure.