JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   English & Other Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/english-other-language-help/)
-   -   Swedish Translation (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/english-other-language-help/12236-swedish-translation.html)

VisualKei 02-03-2008 10:16 PM

Swedish Translation

I'm writing a story (hope to get it published!) and the main character is an immigrant from Sweden, so I was wondering if you could help me translate a few English phrases into Swedish for use in the story. I would be so grateful! Or if anyone knows a good English-to-Swedish translator, that would also be really nice x)

The phrases I was hoping on using:

--"Don't hold her back. Let her go with a smile."
--"I love you." (It's a romance novel, so of course this is something basic I need xD)
--"I'm sorry. Please forgive me."
--"I'll be okay. Don't fret."

Yes, some random, odd phrases. But it would be so helpful and authentic. Thank you in advance :)

Anders 02-03-2008 11:01 PM

Here goes, quick attempt;)

--"Don't hold her back. Let her go with a smile."
"Håll inte tillbaka henne. Låt henne gå med ett leende på läpparna."

--"I love you."
"Jag älskar dig."

--"I'm sorry. Please forgive me."
"Jag är hemskt ledsen. Snälla förlåt mig.

--"I'll be okay. Don't fret."
"Det kommer bli bra. Misströsta inte."

VisualKei 02-05-2008 09:27 PM

Whee! Thank you SO much! Swedish, to me, is a terribly hard language -.-

Ronin4hire 02-05-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VisualKei (Post 389805)
Whee! Thank you SO much! Swedish, to me, is a terribly hard language -.-

It's really similar to English as it's in the same language family. Though it's harder to pronounce, it's easy to understand and get a grasp of the basics for English speakers.

VisualKei 02-06-2008 07:57 PM

When I read a section of Swedish writing, I can sometimes get the gist of it just because the words are so similar. But I can't find any good pronunciation guides that don't make references to German or French pronounciations, so that part is hard for me.

Travel 09-10-2008 02:10 AM

I just want to know how to say and spell megaphone in Japanese, I am told in 3 different ways. I am a little confused.

Natts 09-12-2008 05:24 PM

Swedish is a pretty bouncing language xD It is quite easy to speak, actually. I speak finnish-swedish better, swedish-swedish is way more harder to even understand (there is two ways to speak swedish. I don´t know the words for them, but in finnish, they are called "suomen-ruotsi" and "riikin-ruotsi".´Swedish people who live in Finland usually speak the "finnish-swedish".)

Before we started studying swedish in school, we used to act like we could speak it by accenting (?) wrong parts of finnish-words. It sounded so real xD

Like this:

"Lastenkodinkadulla me rikomme reen. "

If you add a lift of voice in the bold parts, it sounds like swedish (if you get me xD)! The phrase means "On Children´s Home Street we broke a sled".