JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   English & Other Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/english-other-language-help/)
-   -   Describe a picture! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/english-other-language-help/13003-describe-picture.html)

junkomi 03-03-2008 06:25 AM

Describe a picture!

I'm a native japanese girl learning English.
Here's an activity to improve language skill.
Let's describe the picture in Japanese or English!!If anyone want me correct, I will help you as long as too many responses don't come. Write your demand in your submit!
If anyone find my mistakes in English, please PM me or tell me in the thread. I'll edit my submit even later.

A young girl(this is not me!) is lying on a bed and closing eyes. Whiskers and nose drawn like a cat is on her face. A chinese character which means "king" is on her forehead.
Arround her mouth is dirty as if she was pigging out until now. 4 bottles are surrounding her,although one of them is full of contents, the others are empty.

Beginer can say even one sentence, bin ga yonhon arimasu
Intermidiate can say more!
I hope everyone enjoys this thread!!:)

MMM 03-03-2008 06:31 AM

She has been "chiefed". That's slang for used as a canvas for embarrassing artwork as she is passed out drunk.

junkomi 03-03-2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 417281)
She has been "chiefed". That's slang for used as a canvas for embarrassing artwork as she is passed out drunk.

MMM,thank you.:)
This is free picture I downroaded from yahoo.
"cheifed" I have just looked it up to the most popular English Japanese dictionary in Japan, but I couldn't find the word. Is it a new word??

MMM 03-03-2008 06:46 AM

See definitions 1, 2, and 4

Urban Dictionary: chief pass out

It's a slang term.

junkomi 03-03-2008 06:59 AM

ありがとう MMM:)

I wanted to choose more better picture than such a bad picture.
But it's difficult to find one that is both beautiful and meaningfull as a text.
I compromised on this point.;)

junkomi 03-03-2008 12:49 PM

Nobody participated in this thread...:whiteflag:

I guess the picture is too bad...Is there any reason else?

I have just delated it...:p
Don't get me funny!!
Guys.;)

junkomi 03-03-2008 01:52 PM

Hello

Hi, Tenchu!:)
Welcome to my? thread.;)
I wanted to practice English and to help someone learn japanese.
To describe a picture is useful for improving language skill, maybe you know.

My first submit had a picture(but I've already delated it since it might be too awful) and my description.
I wanted someone to correct my english mistake in the description if any.
I wanted someone learning japanese to describe the picture in japanese as a practice. And I expected we could help each other to learn each language...

Do you understand what I said?

Matley 03-05-2008 01:17 PM

Hi Junkomi,
I just found this thread, and I like very much your idea.
Too bad I'm a beginner with japanese, and I don' have time at the moment, I'm just reading while having lunch. To describe a picture would take me some time.

Will be back soon.:ywave:

Your english is good to me ;)

chin 03-25-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkomi (Post 417378)
Nobody participated in this thread...:whiteflag:

I guess the picture is too bad...Is there any reason else?

I have just delated it...:p
Don't get me funny!!
Guys.;)

eh...
In fact i cant understand your meaning.
What are we going to do in your game.

It's difficult for me to guess something in japanese but with the materal witten in English. Since my mother touge is Chinese.

御免なさい。十分わかるよう、これからがんばります。

MaymeRachael 03-26-2008 01:16 AM

Sorry, I'm wonderful at describing pictures (not to brag, but I'm a writer), but I can not help you because I know little Japanese. I would like to know more by next June when I go to Tokyo for two weeks, but <sigh> oh well! Good luck with learning English. You are very brave. ^_~