Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-10-2011, 04:20 AM

Hi.
Could someone correct my English?

“One Month after the Massive Earthquakes in Japan.”

One Month has passed.
Almost everything seems to be back the way it was in my town.
There are still after quakes almost every day, but originally we have many of them in this country.
I live next to Tokyo, and far from the suffered area.
Watching the disaster areas on TV, frankly speaking, I cannot help wondering why they have lived in those dangerous lower areas near the sea, and every time I have second thought that you, non-Japanese people, would be curious why Japanese people live in this dangerous country with many earthquakes. Just as I cannot move out of my land, they cannot leave their towns.

A great number of countries have offered assistance to Japan.
They say it is 116 countries and regions. I wanted to write all the names of them here, but it is too many to type.
I can’t thank enough.

Thank you.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

04-10-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi.

One Month has passed.
There are still after quakes almost every day, but originally we have(HAD) many of them in this country.
I live next to Tokyo, and far from the suffered area. possibly (The Affected areas)
Watching the disaster areas on TV, frankly speaking, I cannot help wondering why they have lived in those dangerous lower areas near the sea, and every time I have had second thoughtS that you, non-Japanese people, would be curious why Japanese people live in this dangerous country with many earthquakes. Just as I cannot move out of my land, they cannot leave their towns.

They say it is 116 countries and regions. I wanted to write all the names of them here, but it is too many to type.
I can’t thank (Them) enough.

Thank you.

it seems pretty good to me yuri, yes, many residents had no choice, it is not simple to simply pack and leave your own country is it?

I feel so sorry for them all. I pray that these earthquakes will not re-occur--but Japan seems to have little choice considering its situation in the globe.
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-10-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Hi.

One Month has passed.
There are still aftershocks almost every day, but we usually have many of them anyways in this country.
I live next to Tokyo, and far from the affected area.
Watching the disaster areas on TV, frankly speaking, I cannot help wondering why they had been living in those dangerous lower areas near the sea, and every time I have a second thought that you, non-Japanese people, would be curious why Japanese people live in this dangerous country with many earthquakes. Just as I cannot move out of my land, they cannot leave their towns.

I can’t thank them enough.

Thank you.
Yours is great! These are minor changes

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
04-10-2011, 12:13 PM

Minor change to RealJames' correction, in the aftershocks piece. "...but we usually have many of them in this country anyway."

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

04-10-2011, 12:16 PM

hi James, I would not write ANYWAYS.

one could write: Earthquakes are quite a common occurrence in japan.
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

04-10-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Hi.

One Month has passed.
There are still aftershocks almost every day, but we normally have many of them in this country.
I live next to Tokyo, far from the affected area.
Watching the disaster areas on TV, frankly speaking, I cannot help wondering why they lived in those dangerous lower areas near the sea, and every time I can believe that you, non-Japanese people, would be curious why Japanese people live in this dangerous country with many earthquakes. Just as I cannot move out of my land, they cannot leave their towns.

I can’t thank enough.

Thank you.
Additional corrections added as an alternative view to your composition. As others have said, your English use is quite impressive now. Have a great week, Yuri!

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

04-10-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
it seems pretty good to me yuri, yes, many residents had no choice, it is not simple to simply pack and leave your own country is it?

I feel so sorry for them all. I pray that these earthquakes will not re-occur--but Japan seems to have little choice considering its situation in the globe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
Yours is great! These are minor changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
Minor change to RealJames' correction, in the aftershocks piece. "...but we usually have many of them in this country anyway."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Additional corrections added as an alternative view to your composition. As others have said, your English use is quite impressive now. Have a great week, Yuri!

Thank you very much, dogsbody70, RealJames, JamboP26 and Koir!

You have helped me correcting my English, and your countries have offered a helping hand to Japan.
I don’t know what to say.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

I YamaP
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
04-10-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
hi James, I would not write ANYWAYS.

one could write: Earthquakes are quite a common occurrence in japan.

What James? I'm presuming you mean
RealJames as you use the plural version. But the way I put it would be fine, I guess

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

04-10-2011, 03:34 PM

i meant realjames.
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-04-2011, 02:06 PM

Hi.
If my sentences seem to be strange, or you have better and more natural expressions, please tell me.

How to say “Hello” in the Japanese language.

I have heard that native English speakers do not like to repeat as they have just said. Is this right? For example, when you said, “Hello”, you would not repeat the word and would say some other greetings. When you are said “Nice to meet you”, you would use “good to see you” or some other expressions.

In Japan, you don’t need to change phrases you have just been said. “Hello” is “Konnichiwa”, and when you are said, “Konnichiwa”, you should reply saying “Konnichiwa”. If it is after sunset, people would say “Konbanwa”, so you should respond saying “Konbanwa.” No Japanese people would regard that your vocabularies are poor or that you are not greeting from your heart when you repeat.

To be honest, I do not see why you need to show you have various expressions all the time when you speak in English. Why? If you let me say something else, many native English speakers always seem to try to present their power and strength. I believe that it must be only natural in some countries, but things are opposite in Japan. People try to avoid showing their strength.

Have you seen Sumo? It’s the traditional Japanese-style wrestling. When a sumo-wrestler from a foreign country held up his fists when he became a champion, Japanese people criticized him saying “He showed off his victory.” We prefer coolness.

In 1998, the Japanese soccer team first went to the World Cup and then, they needed to learn how to express their joy by raising their arms and running around. They thought the Japanese style would seem too calm among many countries.

Anyway, you do not need to represent your strength in Japan. If you do, people may dislike you, if the worst happens. However, it’s only too natural for you, and you might not understand what I mean here. Just keep in mind that humility is prized in Japan, if you are planning to come to Japan.

Thank you!

I YamaP