LinkBack Thread Tools
(#641 (permalink))
Old
Caerula (Offline)
JF Regular

05-15-2010, 01:36 PM

ups, double posting

素晴らしい日ですね

Last edited by Caerula : 05-15-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: erased, because of double posting
(#642 (permalink))
Old
Caerula (Offline)
JF Regular

05-15-2010, 01:38 PM

今日は, YuriTokoro

To my knowledge there isn´t any difference between the German language you speak as mother tongue and the language learned by foreigners.
We do have different dialects depending on the region. But that´s normal in every country, I guess.
A while ago, I heard a Japanese speaking German - he came here for work - and his German was very good

So, don´t worry

素晴らしい日ですね

Last edited by Caerula : 05-15-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: correction
(#643 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-16-2010, 12:59 AM

Caerula, Guten Tag!

I will try to learn German language.

Danke!

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP
(#644 (permalink))
Old
Caerula (Offline)
JF Regular

05-16-2010, 01:26 AM

I wish you success! Hope I´ll do well in learning your language step by step. I would be happy, if I could ask you sometimes about grammar problems or other stuff like this. If you want, you´re also welcome to ask me anything you like to ask about my language

素晴らしい日ですね
(#645 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)

05-16-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi, Columbine.
Thank you!
“Nuance” is difficult to study because English textbooks scarcely explain about it.
Your explanation is very helpful.

I see. I didn’t know you say “you” many times.
Glad I could help. Yeah, we use 'you' much more than we use people's names.

Quote:
Even in small Japan land, even in Japanese language, I sometimes feel difficulties to talk with people who come from south and north parts of Japan.
I'm not surprised. Japan's really quite big; if you put it in Europe it would be the biggest country there, so it makes sense that there's a lot of dialects.

Quote:
If you spoke in this way, I would not understand what you said at all.
*W* If it's any consolation, I struggle with it sometimes as well, even though I've lived in my town for a long time. Though it's getting rarer to hear an accent as thick as I've described.
(#646 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-20-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerula View Post
I wish you success! Hope I´ll do well in learning your language step by step. I would be happy, if I could ask you sometimes about grammar problems or other stuff like this. If you want, you´re also welcome to ask me anything you like to ask about my language
Hallo, Caerula!
I’m sorry, I’m always late.

Ask me anything.
I would be happy if I could help you.

Can I ask another question here?
I’ve heard that learning English is relatively easy to German people.
Is it true?
Do many of your German friends speak English?
Tschus!

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

I YamaP
(#647 (permalink))
Old
Caerula (Offline)
JF Regular

05-20-2010, 01:42 PM

Hello,

I guess, on the one hand it´s because all children in Germany start learning English from elementary school until graduation. So they deal with this subject about 11 - 14 years. On the other hand English is a very common language in Germany and the German linguistic basics ease the english pronunciation.
Yes, my friends largely are speaking English very well. Most of them studied inter alia in America, Canada and England

But the Japanese language is more interesting to me, because the grammar doesn´t have anything in common with those of Germanic and Romanic.
At first view I got the impression, it would not be that hard to learn Japanese grammar. But then, the structures were getting more and more complex But I think like I just said: you have to go step by step.

Because of this I will be very grateful for your help.

じゃね

素晴らしい日ですね

Last edited by Caerula : 05-20-2010 at 01:49 PM.
(#648 (permalink))
Old
sakaeyellow (Offline)
JF Regular

05-21-2010, 12:56 AM

"How does a belief in luck change the way a person reacts to good or bad fortune?"

I haven't read all the replies. But I guess the meaning of "a belief in luck" here means "whether one belives that luck exists or not" (運が存在すると信じるか)

My suggested translation is:

運が存在するという信念は、幸運の時または不幸の時に 、人の反応にどんな影響があるのか。
(#649 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-21-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerula View Post
Hello,

I guess, on the one hand it´s because all children in Germany start learning English from elementary school until graduation. So they deal with this subject about 11 - 14 years.
Hi.
I see. In Japan, most children start studying English in junior high school (12 years old). Most Japanese people are not good at speaking English. I think it is because English grammar and sound is too different from Japanese.
You may know this: Since Japanese language use vowels many times, so Japanese people can’t catch consonants.

Quote:
At first view I got the impression, it would not be that hard to learn Japanese grammar. But then, the structures were getting more and more complex But I think like I just said: you have to go step by step.

Because of this I will be very grateful for your help.

じゃね
German grammar is very difficult. Especially, German nouns have their gender.
It’s very hard to memorize!
I don’t have any idea how I can learn them.
On the other hand, you might say that learning kanji would be a bit difficult.

When you want to ask me something, PM me.
Bis gleich!

I YamaP
(#650 (permalink))
Old
Caerula (Offline)
JF Regular

05-24-2010, 02:15 PM

Hello!

Excuse me for my latish answering. I´ve been very busy with my job these days. So I also couldn´t spare some time for continuing my Japanese studies

Quote:
Since Japanese language use vowels many times, so Japanese people can’t catch consonants.
In contrast I have difficulties, to clip the vowels (like u and i) and to find the right accent-bearing letter on speaking Japanese. It also makes it difficult to understand spoken words and sentences. One mistake and the word gets an different meaning.

Oh yes, the Kanjis are more than a bit difficult. They´re one entirely different subject. I only know a very small number of Kanjis and I have to confess, that I really haven´t any clue of how to learn those complex and multitudinous characters ever.
For now, I´m endeavouring to first understand and second speak Japanese.

Is it right, that children in Japan at first learn reading in Hiragana- and Katakana-Charakters? I heard, that there are even children´s books written in these two writings.

ご挨拶をもちまして

素晴らしい日ですね

Last edited by Caerula : 05-24-2010 at 02:20 PM.