Koir (Offline)
Meow.

05-23-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi.
Would you correct my English, please?

"A Book: Five Minutes to Tomorrow-side A"

The story line: The unnamed hero lost his lover by automobile accident six years ago. He had been doing everything practically after that. He wasn’t able to believe in himself because he didn’t feel anything about her death. The truth was he was too shocked to feel anything.
One day, he met a woman named Kasumi. She had an impossible love, and was struggling to forget it.
The hero decided to love her, and make her and himself happy.

Impression: An adult way to live!

Thank you!
Sounds like an interesting book, Yuri. The "side A" leads me to think there's more to the story, perhaps a "side B" at least.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#82 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-23-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Sounds like an interesting book, Yuri. The "side A" leads me to think there's more to the story, perhaps a "side B" at least.
Koir, thanks as always!

Yes. I will write about the “side-B” tomorrow.
The story is complicated, so I’m thinking how I can describe it.
If I write the details too much, my post would be too long.
I will be careful with the first sentence and see not to write too many things at a beginning.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP
(#83 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-24-2009, 01:53 PM

Hi.
I'm sorry: this is long.

"A Book: Five Minutes to Tomorrow-side B"

The story continues.
The hero was living with Kasumi.
Kasumi had a twin sister named Yukari who was much alike to Kasumi.
Kasumi and Yukari went Italy on a trip and died one of them by a railway accident.
The survivor was Yukari.
Yukari’s husband named Ozaki disbosomed to the hero that he was wondering whether her wife was real Yukari. Both the hero and Ozaki knew that Kasumi used to love Ozaki.
The hero started to wonder Kasumi could be lying to be Yukari. He believed Kasumi really loved him, but he wasn’t able to forget the suspicion. He wondered whether she preferred Ozaki to him.
Ozaki and Yukari divorced.
Yukari came to see the hero and confessed she had memories of both Kasumi and Yukari herself and she didn’t know which herself was. Then, she said she wanted to live with him.
The hero really loved Kasumi and he could love the woman in front of him.
However, he got to know that Kasumi had never loved him when he listened to her.
He turned her down. Now he is sure that love is consisted with misunderstandings.

Impression: Do men prefer to be loved by a woman rather than to love a woman?
If I were the hero, I would live with her. I would like to live with a person I love, even if the person didn’t love me.

Thank you!

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

I YamaP
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

05-24-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Hi.
I'm sorry: this is long.

"A Book: Five Minutes to Tomorrow-side B"

The story continues.
The hero was living with Kasumi.
Kasumi had a twin sister named Yukari. Both sisters went on a trip to Italy but were involved in a railway accident that killed Kasumi. Yukari’s husband Ozaki told the hero that he wondered if his wife was the real Yukari. Both the men knew that Kasumi (Yukari's sister) had loved Ozaki in the past.
The hero started to wonder if Kasumi could be lying, and was actually Yukari. He believed Kasumi really loved him, but he couldn't forget his suspicion. He wondered whether she preferred Ozaki instead of him.
Ozaki and Yukari divorced.
Yukari came to see the hero and confessed that she had memories from both Kasumi and Yukari, which made her wonder which woman she was. She decided to live with the hero.
The hero really loved Kasumi and as a result could love the woman who held the memories of being Kasumi.
Eventually he realized that Kasumi had never really loved him when he listened to her.
He turned her down. Now he is sure that love is only made up of misunderstandings.

If I were the hero, I would live with her. I would like to live with a person I love, even if the person didn’t love me.

Thank you!
Ye gads. You weren't kidding about it being confusing. It's a good thing the hero of the story is unnamed as it would only complicate things further to read it.

Referring to bolded sentence: A one sided love is still love, I suppose. But eventually love needs two people who feel the same way about each other. Without that, it's just not workable.

(#85 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-25-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Ye gads. You weren't kidding about it being confusing. It's a good thing the hero of the story is unnamed as it would only complicate things further to read it.
Thanks, Koir, as always!

Quote:
Quote:
Referring to bolded sentence: A one sided love is still love, I suppose. But eventually love needs two people who feel the same way about each other. Without that, it's just not workable.
I’ve been thinking about what you said.
You must be right, but still, if I were the hero, I would live with her.
I think people change, and their loves change too. After feeling the same way about each other, one of them or both of them will change. So, I would value my love.

I YamaP
(#86 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

05-25-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I’ve been thinking about what you said.
You must be right, but still, if I were the hero, I would live with her.
I think people change, and their loves change too. After feeling the same way about each other, one of them or both of them will change. So, I would value my love.
Anything is possible, even in love.

(#87 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-27-2009, 12:25 PM

Hi.

"Kaoru Kurimoto"

Kaoru Kurimoto, the author of Guin Saga I wrote about it in this blog on February 8th and April 10th, died on 26th.
It’s really shocking to me. I’ve been reading Guin Saga for many years, and the story hasn’t finished. (The latest volume is the 126th.)
I knew that she’s been fighting against cancer, I’ve been praying for her recovery.
I’m so sad!
Guin Saga is very popular in Japan. The every volume was bestselling. Many of the readers must be crying now.
May her soul rest in peace.

Thank you.
Kaoru Kurimoto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I YamaP
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

05-27-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Hi.

"Kaoru Kurimoto"

Kaoru Kurimoto, the author of the Guin Saga story I wrote about on February 8 and April 10, passed away yesterday (May 26).
It’s really shocking to me. I’ve been reading Guin Saga for many years, and the story hasn’t finished. (The latest volume is the 126th.)
I knew that she’s been fighting against cancer. I had been praying for her recovery.
I’m so sad!
Guin Saga is very popular in Japan. Every volume was a bestseller. Many readers must be crying now.

Thank you.
Kaoru Kurimoto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's sad news indeed, Yuri. I'm sure she has a lot of material left behind she was working on, so at least some new stories will be released in the future. One thing's for sure, she and her story will not be forgotten.

(#89 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-28-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
That's sad news indeed, Yuri. I'm sure she has a lot of material left behind she was working on, so at least some new stories will be released in the future. One thing's for sure, she and her story will not be forgotten.
Koir, thanks.
I want to see someone take over her work. Her husband is an editor, so he will find a suitable person.

I YamaP
(#90 (permalink))
Old
manymen (Offline)
New to JF

05-28-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Hi.

"Kaoru Kurimoto"

Kaoru Kurimoto, the author of Guin Saga I wrote about in this blog on February 8th and April 10th, died on 26th.
It’s really shocking to me. I’ve been reading Guin Saga for many years, and the story isn’t finished. (The latest volume is the 126th.)
I knew that she’s been fighting against cancer, I’ve been praying for her recovery.
I’m so sad!
Guin Saga is very popular in Japan. The every volume was bestselling. Many of the readers must be crying now.
These are mistakes. There is no verb like "bestselling".

Last edited by manymen : 05-28-2009 at 10:00 PM.