LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
There's nothing wrong with that

Honestly since I've come to Japan I've become a lot more impatient towards the macho act.

Here's a question for you Yuri,

If you were a being touched by a pervert old man in a train, would you prefer for the foreign man beside you to hit the pervert and yell at him? Or to ignore the situation?

A year ago or so that exact situation happened to me, a girl was being rubbed against in a bad way right next to be by a pervert old man and I could see she was so uncomfortable.
What do you think I did? What do you think she wanted me, or any other guy noticing it, to do?
HI James-- thats horrid situation--a good reason then for ladies only carriages. I wonder how many there are on the trains there.

It must be dreadful to be on these overcrowded trains and to be molested.

Maybe women should carry loud alarms or spray cans that mark the culprit.

some old men can be disgusting. Cinemas is one place where they try it on.

I hate using our own underground when they are bursting at the seams.
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-09-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
you are talking about Americans yuri. Here in UK we used to have ladies only carriages and I did like that.
Now all the carriages are open--. I bet those you were with were showing off.

I wonder how old they were. Its not something I would have ever said or done.
Hi, dogsbody.
I have been to the UK. I have been to London, Edinburgh, Windermere, Liverpool and Winchester.
I have traveled in the UK by train.
I know that you don’t have too many people in a train car.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-09-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
Here's a question for you Yuri,

If you were a being touched by a pervert old man in a train, would you prefer for the foreign man beside you to hit the pervert and yell at him? Or to ignore the situation?

A year ago or so that exact situation happened to me, a girl was being rubbed against in a bad way right next to be by a pervert old man and I could see she was so uncomfortable.
What do you think I did? What do you think she wanted me, or any other guy noticing it, to do?
Hi, James.
The pervert you saw in the train was, if you ask me, not good at groping.
Most gropers touch women when the train arrived to a station and people are getting of the car. When I am touched, I can’t tell who touched me.
Once I knew who touched me, but there are too many people walking toward the staircase, so I was not able to do anything.
Once one pervert showed his something to me as the train’s doors were opening. I was really shocked. In the next breath, he got off the car and the door closed.
Should I have shouted to the man from the running train?
When I was younger, I always had a big bag to protect myself from groping in a train.

If you see a groping and you can catch the guy out, please help Japanese girls.
However, I advise you that you should not seem to be enjoying it.
If you seem to be really worried about the girl, the people would be grateful to you.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

I YamaP
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

05-09-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi, dogsbody.
I have been to the UK. I have been to London, Edinburgh, Windermere, Liverpool and Winchester.
I have traveled in the UK by train.
I know that you don’t have too many people in a train car.
some trains can be really crowded-- especially at rush hour--The underground also can be choc a bloc not only at rush hour.

I would rather miss a train than be forced to stand like sardines in a tin. when I have seen the videos of Rush hour trains in Japan and see those guards pushing passengers in-- it must feel dreadful-- how can anyone breathe?

There are times of day when the trains are not so crowded-- but some of them are always crowded. From Birmingham to Manchester can be over crowded.

Did you have time to explore any of those places that you visited? Were you on a guided tour or travelling as an individual.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 05-09-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

05-09-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
some trains can be really crowded-- especially at rush hour--The underground also can be choc a bloc not only at rush hour.

I would rather miss a train than be forced to stand like sardines in a tin. when I have seen the videos of Rush hour trains in Japan and see those guards pushing passengers in-- it must feel dreadful-- how can anyone breathe?
I would like to add that some of those cases you may have seen where attendants push people in to the cars only happen in certain cars that are closest to the main exits of the station.

All the stations I have been in Tokyo have maps that show where the exits and transfer points are in relation to the train car you are riding. People use these to position themselves closest to the exit of the destination station. That way, their commute is shortened by that little bit. That doesn't mean that all cars on that train are packed.

I took the Yamanote line train many times at rush hour and purposefully walked all the way to the end car to avoid such nuisance and I didn't have any issues with being mobbed. The cars there are much longer than those here in Chicago and they have 4 exits per side (six on 2-3 cars per train) while there are only 2 per side here. Plus, all seats face inward in benches, and the six door cars have no seats.
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
05-09-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Hi, James.
The pervert you saw in the train was, if you ask me, not good at groping.
Most gropers touch women when the train arrived to a station and people are getting of the car. When I am touched, I can’t tell who touched me.
Once I knew who touched me, but there are too many people walking toward the staircase, so I was not able to do anything.
Once one pervert showed his something to me as the train’s doors were opening. I was really shocked. In the next breath, he got off the car and the door closed.
Should I have shouted to the man from the running train?
When I was younger, I always had a big bag to protect myself from groping in a train.

If you see a groping and you can catch the guy out, please help Japanese girls.
However, I advise you that you should not seem to be enjoying it.
If you seem to be really worried about the girl, the people would be grateful to you.
So, if I understand this, the way to deal with perverts is to try & deter them in a manner that shows no enjoyment. To be honest, I'd struggle to show enjoyment in deterring such a situation anyway. I would also be uncomfortable with alerting everyone to the man who commited the offense, due to the fact I wouldn't want to embarrass the girl with what just happened to her. Do I make a fair point here & am I correct in my view here?

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-10-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
Totally agreed.

@JamboP26
I will say this because YuriTokoro is too nice to. Go to the Japanese Help section and ask those questions irrelevant to the thread. That is if you've got the guts to show us your lame addiction to romaji. You have been claming to love Japanese culture all over JF and all you have to show for it is a few phrases in romaji, which has NOTHING to do with Japanese culture.

If you take it for granted that YuriTokoro writes English using the Roman alphabet, which you completely do, then apply the same logic to Japanese writing, which is written with its own proper writing systems.

How Japanese is written is not even a personal choice like Koir also has been claiming with unusual fervor. It's a rule. If you cannot respect it, that is how much respect you have for Japanese culture, which revolves around its language.

IMHO, a serious student like OP deserves much better teachers here ---- certainly not someone who doesn't even know what "active voice" or "passive voice" means in English grammar. Yes, I mean you, Professor Koir. Even I, a complete outsider to the English language, know that.
If this forum had a reputation system, I'd be giving you so many thumbs up now it'd be unbelieveable.

Excellent post
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-10-2011, 04:07 AM

Quote:

There are times of day when the trains are not so crowded-- but some of them are always crowded. From Birmingham to Manchester can be over crowded.

Did you have time to explore any of those places that you visited? Were you on a guided tour or travelling as an individual.
I went there as an individual.

If it is possible, could you come here and get on Odayu-line.

I YamaP
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-10-2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
So, if I understand this, the way to deal with perverts is to try & deter them in a manner that shows no enjoyment. To be honest, I'd struggle to show enjoyment in deterring such a situation anyway. I would also be uncomfortable with alerting everyone to the man who commited the offense, due to the fact I wouldn't want to embarrass the girl with what just happened to her. Do I make a fair point here & am I correct in my view here?
Sorry, I don’t know well what I can say in English.

I think you wouldn’t imagine how many perverts here. When I was young, I was touched by them twice a week at least.
Please imagine that you were a young girl and are getting off a train car which is really crowded. Someone touched your rear end. How can you tell who touched you?

If you find a girl be fondled, you don’t need to care that other people know what have happened to her. Please just catch the pervert and help Japanese girls.

But one thing, if you hear a story that a girl have touched by pervert in a train, do not say “I would beat a pervert off” Why didn’t you beat him off?”, being exited or smiling.
If you do, the girl would regard that you do not even try to understand her feelings at all.
My female American friend seemed REALLY HAPPY to hear my story of perverts in trains.

I YamaP
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

05-10-2011, 05:00 AM

Quote:
But one thing, if you hear a story that a girl have touched by pervert in a train, do not say “I would beat a pervert off” Why didn’t you beat him off?”, being exited or smiling.
If you do, the girl would regard that you do not even try to understand her feelings at all.
My female American friend seemed REALLY HAPPY to hear my story of perverts in trains.
That may lead back into the previously mentioned Western tendency to display strength at all times. Thing is (and your post reflects this) individuals who are doing these things plan and time them to avoid any sort of retribution. The entire act to them is to fulfill their fantasies of freedom and control over the woman as a simple sex object and not a person.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"