JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Befron (Offline)
JF Regular

Chinese Help - 01-03-2009, 04:07 AM

I am learning Chinese a little too and I was just looking for some resources. Right now I am using New Chinese 300. I was looking at Instant Immersion Mandarin Chinese and that looked for a bargain for the amount of material it includes. Does anyone have experience with their system and could offer feedback?

Also please mention any helpful (text)books. Thanks.

Hey folks, if you're a Japanese speaker, and willing to help me please contact anytime on AIM:

jakeofcanadia

Even if you're not too good, I am not either and it would be fun to learn from each other.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
01-03-2009, 04:09 AM

Hmm, so you are learning Japanese AND Chinese? Well sir, Good luck to you.

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Befron (Offline)
JF Regular

01-03-2009, 05:26 PM

Ya I am. At least I have plenty of people to help me in person with Chinese. No such luck with Japanese. Oh well...

Hey folks, if you're a Japanese speaker, and willing to help me please contact anytime on AIM:

jakeofcanadia

Even if you're not too good, I am not either and it would be fun to learn from each other.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
01-03-2009, 06:15 PM

I'd go with japanese first, If you are studying the language to help you translate better, I am sure more people need Japanese-English translators than Chinese-English.

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#5 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-08-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaCrisis View Post
I'd go with japanese first, If you are studying the language to help you translate better, I am sure more people need Japanese-English translators than Chinese-English.
With China booming the way it is, I'd say Chinese is far more important than Japanese now and in the future!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Befron (Offline)
JF Regular

01-11-2009, 04:15 AM

Yeah, that's why I wanted to learn. I've considered completely switching to Chinese for that reason. At least I will have a background with the characters and a little wth pronunciation. Has anyone tried Japanese or Chinese Instant Emmersion.

jakeofcanadia