JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

Please Please !! help me with my computer science assignment - 02-20-2009, 02:15 PM

Hello.
I know that this sled is not for a problem in language... because I do know where I should put it.. but I am very glad if you guys help me..
Please please help me with my computer science assignment.

It might take a long time to read my message... I' sorry

"You have a budget, for this assignment, of $1500 with which to purchase a computer. This amount must cover the entire cost of one system, including hardware, software, sales tax if applicable, and shipping if applicable. (Note that often you cannot realistically buy a computer without having to pay either shipping or sales tax, and many on-line retailers will have to charge both. If you cannot get specific information on either item, you may use a sales tax of 7% of the total cost of the system, excluding shipping, and a shipping charge of $75.)

You are to locate and describe three computer systems, each of which fits your $1500 budget. You must include one desktop computer and one notebook computer; the third may be either a second desktop computer or a second notebook computer depending on what you are more interested in. Each computer must be manufactured by a different company; "build-your-own" computers are also acceptable. The primary research and information on each computer should come from at least two different sources"

Two different sources are for example,
-Newspaper advertisement
-Best Buy, Fry's or MicroCenter

What kind of computers should I choose if I
- Play game
- create and manipulate graphics
- spend a lot of time surfing the Web
- download a lot of music and videos
- handle your finances or shop online
-Manufacturer or reseller websites

Also, where am I able to research these kinds of systems, for example,
- CPU type and manufacturer
- CPU speed
- Amount and type of RAM installed
- Maximum RAM capacity
- Type(s) and amount(s) of cache memory (disk or RAM cache only)
- Hard disk capacity
- DVD-RW speed

Thank you for reading!!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SephirothVVC (Offline)
Death Is The Cure

Send a message via MSN to SephirothVVC Send a message via Skype™ to SephirothVVC
02-20-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
"You have a budget, for this assignment, of $1500 with which to purchase a computer. This amount must cover the entire cost of one system, including hardware, software, sales tax if applicable, and shipping if applicable. (Note that often you cannot realistically buy a computer without having to pay either shipping or sales tax, and many on-line retailers will have to charge both. If you cannot get specific information on either item, you may use a sales tax of 7% of the total cost of the system, excluding shipping, and a shipping charge of $75.)

You are to locate and describe three computer systems, each of which fits your $1500 budget. You must include one desktop computer and one notebook computer; the third may be either a second desktop computer or a second notebook computer depending on what you are more interested in. Each computer must be manufactured by a different company; "build-your-own" computers are also acceptable. The primary research and information on each computer should come from at least two different sources"
Just go to computer sites like Dell or Apple and custom build it for specific needs, Apple is better for Graphics btw

Quote:
What kind of computers should I choose if I
- Play game- Good Graphics card and good processor
- create and manipulate graphics- Good Graphics card and good processor
- spend a lot of time surfing the Web- good processor
- download a lot of music and videos- Lots of Hard drive space
- handle your finances or shop online- not really sure that you need any specifics for this
-Manufacturer or reseller websites- not really sure that you need any specifics for this
Quote:
Also, where am I able to research these kinds of systems, for example,
- CPU type and manufacturer
- CPU speed
- Amount and type of RAM installed
- Maximum RAM capacity
- Type(s) and amount(s) of cache memory (disk or RAM cache only)
- Hard disk capacity
- DVD-RW speed
Wikipedia can teach you about what all this stuff is..

Hopefully that helps

"I despise practically everything about human life, which does limit one's weekend activities."
(#3 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2009, 05:18 PM

Go to iBUYPOWER: High Performance Custom Gaming Computers and Notebooks-- it has a really fun and easy to use desktop/laptop custom build page.

Not to mention you can build an ultra bad ass computer for cheap considering they aren't major brand names-- as a result, there's no brand name prices (Like Apple or Dell )
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

Thank you!! - 02-20-2009, 08:41 PM

Thank you so much
It was very helpful.

burkhartdesu, SephirothVVC Thank you!!