JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

Please help me to correct my grammar mistakes of essay :) - 03-29-2009, 03:56 AM

Hello.
I have a computer science essay assignment. I have to write about Data encryption and network security. I tried to write 2 pages and double-spaces essay, but I do not think that my sentences have correct grammar and smooth English. Therefore, please help me to correct my grammar mistakes and to change sentences to smooth English. Thank you!

Data Encryption and Network Security

Today most of people are exchanging information using computers. For example, the information might be a secret or very important material at a company. To protect this sort of information, many developers invented a lot of computer security and data encryption. These two have their own advantages, but disadvantages also exist.

First, there are advantages of internet security to protect against viruses or crackers. They tend to stole and eliminate our important data, but the internet security protects against them. However, the internet security has its disadvantages. For example, I was using Norton Internet Security and had a bad experience. It was very expensive, and my laptop was controlled by Norton. Also it was using many spaces of data, and my laptop was working very slowly. Therefore, I think that Norton Internet Security is not an all-purpose security.

Second, data encryption is good for protecting data that are for a company or my own data against a person who doesn’t have a key to read coded data. However, I think it is also not useful for security as Norton. For example, if I want to share very important information that is coded to my colleagues, the colleagues have to have a key to decode the coded data. Moreover, even though the data was coded, I do not think that it is never deciphered by a cracker. The movie U-571 is a good example to prove this opinion.

In conclusion, I think that Norton Internet Security and data encryption are not useful security systems. I am currently using ESET NOD32 Antivirus for network security. I got the information from my friends that this anti virus is better than Norton, so I am trying a trial one. I feel that this anti virus is not affecting other software, so my laptop is working very smooth.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
03-29-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyorochan View Post
Today most
Well.....this is going to be good.

猿も木から落ちる
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

03-29-2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Well.....this is going to be good.
Wow. Summary judgement based on two words. Did you read the rest of the composition, or was your need to appear superior just too strong to contain?

Try being more helpful, hm?

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

03-29-2009, 04:08 AM

Thank you for replying
My professor said that I have to read Web Security & Commerce and An Introduction to the Use of Encryption. And then write an essay discussing your thoughts on the benefits and drawbacks of data encryption for the PC user.

Was my essay hurt the inventor's feeling too much...?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

03-29-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Wow. Summary judgement based on two words. Did you read the rest of the composition, or was your need to appear superior just too strong to contain?

Try being more helpful, hm?
Well, there is supposed to be a comma there. I wasn't judging the content of the work at all, but merely the grammar, my friend.

猿も木から落ちる
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

03-29-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Well, there is supposed to be a comma there.
Thank you for reading my essay. Where should I put a comma?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

03-29-2009, 05:05 AM

There should be a comma between Today and most. Personally, I would also change "today" to something such as "in today's society." Just to give it more of a professionally written essay.

But that's the only sentence I read.

猿も木から落ちる
(#8 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

03-29-2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
There should be a comma between Today and most. Personally, I would also change "today" to something such as "in today's society." Just to give it more of a professionally written essay.
Okay Yeah. "In today's society" sounds like a professional I changed to this.
Thank you for helping me!