JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

04-20-2009, 05:42 AM

kyorochan, perhaps you could start one thread and update it with new posts as you need to instead of starting additional threads with similar titles and central idea.

Just trying to help.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#12 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

04-20-2009, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
ダメだよ、いちいち新しいスレッド作ったら。前回のス レを発展させていった方が、自分の名前とJFでの目的 をもっとアピールできると思わない?
I'm sorry...
Thank you for telling me that!!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

04-20-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
kyorochan, perhaps you could start one thread and update it with new posts as you need to instead of starting additional threads with similar titles and central idea.

Just trying to help.
I'm sorry.
Thank you. I did not know how to use forum well..
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

04-20-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyorochan View Post
I'm sorry.
Thank you. I did not know how to use forum well..
Glad to be of help. That way, both you and the people who can help have the same place to look

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#15 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

04-20-2009, 05:54 AM

Hello.
I am sorry that I am always getting your help with correcting my grammar mistakes...
I was very happy when you guys helped me a lot!!!!

This time, I wrote a research paper about foodborne illness and food allergy.
The style is MLA style.

If you don't mind, could you please correct my grammar mistakes?
If you find something that is not smooth English, could you please change it to smooth English?

Thank you for reading!!!

How to Deal with Foodborne Illness and Food Allergy

Foodborne illness and food allergy are increasing in advanced nations, particularly in the 20th

century. Foods, drinks, and air are very important for survival. We have to take nourishment

and water necessary to maintain health. However, there are problems with the foods and the

drinks that we are always consuming. Patients for the foods and the drinks are increasing right

now more than ever. Food-related illnesses are divided into two big categories, which are

foodborne illness and food allergy.

Foodborne illness is the symptoms which are stomachache, vomit, and fever that are caused

by taking polluted foods and drinks which contains harmful substances. Our daily lives are

becoming quite clean than the past; however, this thing leads to decline of our immunity, so

the foodborne illness is increasing. In the United States seventy six millions of people are

taken sick every year, and five thousand people die every year (Stamey 48). One of the

causes why the people who live in the United Stated get sick is because of bacteria. Breaking

out and taking out the bacteria’s toxin cause to pollute the foods and drinks, so the foodborne

illness occurs. According to bacterial agents, campylobacter, salmonella, and shigella are

detected most in the United States. First, if we infect campylobacter that is detected from

the meat which are our daily products, beef, and pork, it is the fearful bacterium which causes

foodborne illness. The symptoms of the campylobacter are fever, stomachache, diarrhea, and

bloody feces which are like the enteritis symptom. When we get a treatment for it, we get

better in two to five days, but there is also a prolonged possibility. Second, we infect

salmonella if heating food is not enough or the food is raw. Concretely, egg, chicken, pork,

beef and the dairy products which are not sterilized in low temperature have a possibility of

salmonella. After the infection, the symptoms which diarrhea, high fever, and intense

stomachache show up within twelve to seventy two hours, and these continue for four to

seven days. Third, if we are infected shigella, the symptoms which damages of epidermal cell,

fever, and bloody diarrhea occur in the large intestine tens of times a day. The cause is

eating pollution foods and drinking pollution water (“Diagnosis and Management of Foodborne

illness” 53).

In the United States meals eaten outside the house can be dangerous. The first reason is a

problem of HACCP plan. HACCP plan is the management technique which analyzes the factor

which causes harm on the process (hazard) and manages the part where that can be

managed most efficiently (CCP; indispensable management point) successively and secures

safety when producing foods on food hygiene (Stamey 48). This HACCP plan is controlling

meals at the restaurant; however, there is a fact that it is not enough to protect us against

the foodborne illness. Therefore, according to Lewis’s report, DuPont, chief of internal

medicine at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston and member of the INFECTIOUS DISEASE

NEWS editorial advisory board, said “ HACCP system may need to be made to reduce the risk

for foodborne illness outbreaks that originate in commercial dining establishments” (9). In

other words, though HACCP plan is being done, why does the catering industry cause

foodborne illness? That can be because a way of thinking to health management and

leadership is not reliable. Second, when the person who does cooking and preserves a food in

the state which isn't washing a hand neatly, and the person does not have knowledge about

foodborne illness, hazards occur to visitors and employees. Third, when we eat fresh raw

greens and a raw fruit, if the means to examine whether it is polluted or not polluted by

bacteria is immature, the possibility to get the boodborne illness is high. Also, if there are

unseasonable vegetables or fruits, these may polluted by polluted water (Lewis 9).

The system to exclude the alien substance at time with alien substances exists in our form,

and this is called an immune response. It is called allergy that this reaction exceeded the area

where a body is defended. When our bodies judge the food which isn't an alien substance

primarily as a harm thing, we become allergic to foods (Sodhi 66). Scientists cannot explain

clearly even now why the food allergy happens (“Food Allergies On The Rise…(Cover story)”

1). In the United States 30,000 emergency rooms are used by food allergy and 200 people die

every year (Sodhi 66). The substances which causes food allergy is caller allergen and are the

eight foods is milk, egg, peanut, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, soybeans and wheat happens (“Food

Allergies On The Rise…(Cover story)” 1) . According to the study of Sodhi, “when both parents

have allergies, there is 67 % chance that the children will also have them” (66). Children’s

food allergy is increasing eighteen percent in the past ten years. These children have the time

when they will be in the most terrible state in the allergic reaction called Anaphylaxis. The

anaphylaxis is increased 25 % during 1990 to 2000 in Minnesota, and there is data that its

number was large for less than twenty years old. Anaphylaxis causes a problem of both of

dyspnoea and shock. If it is not treated, the Anaphylaxis reaction becomes fatal. Many

scientists are desperate to find out the cause why hyperesthesia happens. It's necessary to

know what kind of food includes an allergen and whether we have to avoid stopping such

allergic reaction. Also, it is important to have an epinephrine for self management (“Food

Allergies On The Rise…(Cover story)” 1).

In conclusion, the illnesses by food are divided into two big categories, which are foodborne

illness and food allergy. Technology is important for our lives; however, our health is most

important. The health management and knowledge for foodborbe illness and food allergy are

insufficient right now, so we hope that the United States becomes a medically advanced

country than now.

Last edited by kyorochan : 04-20-2009 at 10:47 PM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

04-20-2009, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Glad to be of help. That way, both you and the people who can help have the same place to look
Okay!!
I posted my research paper on previous forum.
If you don't mind, may I have your help?

Thank you
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-20-2009, 05:58 AM

Your two threads, both with virtually identical titles have been combined. There is no need to make a new thread every time you want to add a question...

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

04-20-2009, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Your two threads, both with virtually identical titles have been combined. There is no need to make a new thread every time you want to add a question...
Okay. I'm sorry...
Thank you for helping me!!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

04-20-2009, 10:22 AM

I am sorry everyone. I did not know how to use the forum. I will be careful about my mistake next time.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
kyorochan (Offline)
JF Regular

Please correct my introduction :) - 04-20-2009, 06:42 PM

Hello.
I'm sorry to post very long sentences...
I want your help!!
Please correct my introduction of my research paper!!

Thank you

How to deal with foodborne illness and food allergy

Foodborne illness and food allergy are increasing at advanced nations particularly in the 20th century. Foods, drinks and air are very important for us to live. We have to take nourishment and water necessary to maintain health. However, there are problems with the foods and the drinks that we are always eating and drinking. Patients for the foods and the drinks are increasing right not more than the past. The illnesses by food are divided into two big categories, which are foodborne illness and food allergy.