JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   English & Other Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/english-other-language-help/)
-   -   English Teacher (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/english-other-language-help/26848-english-teacher.html)

Guigoo 07-30-2009 03:42 PM

English Teacher

I'm an english teacher and i can help you guys out if u need so, just PM me or add me to either skype or MSN

I know many people have troubles to get to speak english fluently so i'm fond to help whoever needs it.

I have been preparing some sts for Cambridge examinations and i really enjoy it, hugs.

isisbathory 07-30-2009 09:39 PM

ah ta bem...

Guigoo 07-30-2009 10:04 PM

excuse me?

GTJ 07-30-2009 10:10 PM

Apparently it's portuguese for "ah well ta". But you speak portuguese so you know better than me. Or google translate XD

Guigoo 07-31-2009 12:10 AM

yeah i got the words not the meaning tho, i just missed her point in saying that so

Xentron 07-31-2009 12:40 AM

Probably to brag that she knows a bit of the language... :D

Sangetsu 07-31-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guigoo (Post 754483)
I'm an english teacher and i can help you guys out if u need so, just PM me or add me to either skype or MSN

I know many people have troubles to get to speak english fluently so i'm fond to help whoever needs it.

I have been preparing some sts for Cambridge examinations and i really enjoy it, hugs.

I'm glad you are enjoying your position as an English teacher, but if you wanted to make a good impression on potential students you should have written your post with a little more care. Your 3 sentence post contains 15 errors as far as I can tell (I am also an English teacher).

Guigoo 07-31-2009 01:43 AM

thank you sangetsu, glad you're an english teacher too. so we can improve together, as they say there's always room for improvement. you could start by feedbacking me highlighting and correcting all the 15 mistakes you claim you've found in my text. let's get started?

hope to hear from you :ywave:

cheers

sarasi 07-31-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guigoo (Post 754483)

I'm a proofreader and former English teacher (native speaker), so here's my version:

"I'm an English teacher, and I can help you guys out if you like, so just PM me or add me to either Skype or MSN.

I know that for a lot of people it's difficult to become fluent in English, so I'm keen to help whoever needs it. ("Fond" means feeling affectionate towards something, it's the wrong word to use in this context. I often see/hear "fond" used instead of "keen" by non-native speakers.)

I have been preparing some STs for the Cambridge examinations and I really enjoy it. Hugs."

Sangetsu 07-31-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guigoo (Post 754875)
thank you sangetsu, glad you're an english teacher too. so we can improve together, as they say there's always room for improvement. you could start by feedbacking me highlighting and correcting all the 15 mistakes you claim you've found in my text. let's get started?

hope to hear from you :ywave:

cheers

I'm an English teacher and I can help you guys out if you need it, just PM me or add me to either Skype or MSN(.)

I know many people have trouble learning to speak English fluently(,) so I'm happy to help whoever needs it.

I have been preparing some ? for the Cambridge examinations (,) and I'm really enjoying it(.)

Hugs

I actually ended up finding 19 mistakes...

Maybe I'm nitpicking here, but if you are want to help people learn English you should start by using it properly. Some poor student may read your post and actually think that it is an example of proper English, in which case you would actually be doing more harm than good.