JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Jamie (Offline)
New to JF

English Tutor - 09-13-2006, 01:23 AM

Hello,
Should you have any doubt in English, Dont hesitate to contact me here.
I am no native english speaker but i have been using it from my primary school. So i am kinda good in writing. Its so easy, whatever you feel to ask, Make a topic and i will constantly support you and solve your problems.

Jamie.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tina

Smile Language is language ,how to use language ? - 09-13-2006, 07:58 AM

Hi !
English is an important language . How to use it well ?It is a big problem.
As a teacher ,speaking ,listening ,reading translating are difficult .We haven't
enviriment to practice .The teacher needs practice more ,the students use too.
How do you study it well?
Tina
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Jamie (Offline)
New to JF

09-13-2006, 07:02 PM

Hi tina,
The more you read a language the more you get proficient, and speaking is not at all difficult, You can become proficient speaker in just one day if you write well in english, So dont afraid, environment is a must but is doesnt last long to pratice, Once you get in a company, You will catch it very soon.
Hope you dont worry.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
09-14-2006, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Hello,
I am no native english speaker but i have been using it from my primary school. So i am kinda good in writing. Its so easy, whatever you feel to ask, Make a topic and i will constantly support you and solve your problems.

Jamie.

heyo, i might as well get in on this too. Spread the knowledge and whatnot right? lol
so as jamie has volunteer'd, i'm here to help you guys too. Fluent in english since...well...Thats the only language i ever speak. lol. SO feel free to ask ANY english related questions. Essays/poem analysis/etc etc...
If you need some study tips on english, don't hold back either.

Um, i know a fair bit of French and Tamil too, so feel free to venture off there too if you need at any time.
'lata

Last edited by kudo : 09-18-2006 at 12:20 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
luv_tigger (Offline)
New to JF

09-21-2006, 01:13 PM

Hi... luv_tigger here. my mother tongue is indonesian. but i have been learning english for..emm... about 10 years, well but the most effective time is only two years i think.. now i am studying in australia and i find it difficult to catch some informal english words. Any suggestion?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Marenda

Talking Shih - 09-23-2006, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Hello,

Jamie.
Hi,
I want to speak english fluently and get a TOEIC testing . I am studying english department at school now . The same time , I am preparing for TOEIC testing which I will join next year . Could you tell me how to improve speaking and listening ? My email : liwen0420@hotmail.com . Waiting for your respond .Thank you very much .

Marenda
(#7 (permalink))
Old
jim4352

ironside - 09-24-2006, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marenda
Hi,
I want to speak english fluently and get a TOEIC testing . I am studying english department at school now . The same time , I am preparing for TOEIC testing which I will join next year . Could you tell me how to improve speaking and listening ? My email : liwen0420@hotmail.com . Waiting for your respond .Thank you very much .

Marenda
Marenda, what is a TOEIC test
(#8 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
09-24-2006, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marenda
Hi,

Marenda
if you want to know what will help, get someone on msn or such that speaks fluently in english. as you chat with them everyday in in/formal english, you'll get a better handle on how to spell/type. if you can't find anyone...feel free to send me a private message saying you want to talk more with me.
actually, even exchanging private messages on this forum with a few ppl will do it too. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim4352
Marenda, what is a TOEIC test
Test of English for International Communication

What Is It?
The Test of English for International CommunicationTM (TOEIC) measures the everyday English skills of people working in an international environment.

Who Takes It And Why?

Nonnative English speakers take the test to demonstrate their English language skills when applying for new positions and obtaining credentials.

Where Do People Take It?

The test is given onsite at open public sessions, and at a variety of companies and language schools around the world.

Who Accepts It?

The test is widely accepted by corporations, English language programs, and government agencies around the world.
  • Corporations use it to document progress in English training programs, recruit and promote employees, and put standard measurements in place across locations.
  • English Programs use it to place students at the right learning levels, and show student progress and program effectiveness.
  • Government agencies use it to document progress in English training programs and to recruit, promote, and hire employees.

Last edited by kudo : 09-24-2006 at 03:09 AM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
pipito (Offline)
New to JF

09-28-2006, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Hello,

Jamie.

what level are u in english language now?
can i ask help from u?
its me pipito

___________________________visit my links below_______________________

it's nice to be here

Read my Articles at Egames Gang/Club Blogsite | Read my Health Tips Online | Discoveries, News & Reviews | About Tech

Visit my Blogsite -->> http://www.pipitotips.blogspot.com
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Cat24 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Cat24 Send a message via MSN to Cat24
09-28-2006, 05:20 PM

I too would like to offer helping anyone out learning English. I live in Canada and english is my main language. I will be looking to learn Japanese as well. So if you are interested in my help, please msg or email me