JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   English & Other Language Help (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/english-other-language-help/)
-   -   I... (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/english-other-language-help/5236-i.html)

AKIRA 06-14-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Thanks.
May I ask where's konoha? Is it in US?
ROFLMMFAO! HAHAHA! lol Konoha is from naruto.

I can teach Enligsh. I am good at it. Even though I am not from USA.

mackerel 06-14-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NanteNa (Post 151682)
Haha. Sure. Danish. 1st language of mine. Very weird language.

Oh, really. So you can speak three languages?? Hmm...that's great I think. If I were able to speak two or more other languages than Japanese, I would be welcomed by many companies...But I realized that maybe in European countries being able to speak two or more languages is not that special. What do you think? Is that right?

mackerel 06-14-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolNard (Post 151691)
I'm posting my reply here so mackerel-san won't have to tire himself out by visiting two threads at the same time. :mtongue:

It was just a question for you to answer on your own, :) since I've only given you the example for what "more than 20" means. In another words, I'm testing your understanding of what I said. :D

I'll ask you the same question again ^_^:

Do you know what "less than 20" means?

Ah, OK. I understand what you meant by that.
Yes, I know what 'less than' mean.
And did you noticed I sent a private message to you? Geez, seems like I made things complicated :p

NanteNa 06-14-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackerel (Post 151723)
Oh, really. So you can speak three languages?? Hmm...that's great I think. If I were able to speak two or more other languages than Japanese, I would be welcomed by many companies...But I realized that maybe in European countries being able to speak two or more languages is not that special. What do you think? Is that right?

Oh well. As long as you can speak english you'll be fine. In Europe it's very good to be able to speak japanese or chinese for that matter. Many companies would love to have an employee speaking one of those two languages. Anyway, I think it's quite normal only to speak english and/or your first language.

mackerel 06-14-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKIRA (Post 151693)
ROFLMMFAO! HAHAHA! lol Konoha is from naruto.

I can teach Enligsh. I am good at it. Even though I am not from USA.

Oh, thanks. Then, could you tell me how to say 'good' in a more sophisticated way?

musashi 06-14-2007 05:52 PM

Can i be your friend?

CoolNard 06-14-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackerel (Post 151760)
Oh, thanks. Then, could you tell me how to say 'good' in a more sophisticated way?

Excellent, great, awesome, wonderful, amazing, fantastic, fabulous... Of course, it all depends on the context of the sentence you want to use the word, "good", in.

And yeah, I did, I'll reply to it in a moment ^_^

mackerel 06-14-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NanteNa (Post 151756)
Oh well. As long as you can speak english you'll be fine. In Europe it's very good to be able to speak japanese or chinese for that matter. Many companies would love to have an employee speaking one of those two languages. Anyway, I think it's quite normal only to speak english and/or your first language.

Oh, English and your first language...I hope Japan will become a country like that. Anyway I was surprised to hear that being able to speak Japanese or Chinese is good thing there. Oh, by the way were there any points which was incorrect in my English so far?

CoolNard 06-14-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackerel (Post 151739)
And did you noticed I sent a private message to you?

When you use words like "did" at/near the beginning of a sentence, you're already sort of implementing a form of past tense, so you do not need to add in the "d" anymore after the end of "noticed", which would then become "And did you notice I sent a private message to you?"

mackerel 06-14-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolNard (Post 151809)
When you use words like "did" at/near the beginning of a sentence, you're already sort of implementing a form of past tense, so you do not need to add in the "d" anymore after the end of "noticed", which would then become "And did you notice I sent a private message to you?"

Oh, looks like I should be more careful on that :p Do all the native speakers of English instinctively notice that kind of mistake?