JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

want to get some traditional chinese help - 10-28-2007, 11:43 AM

I am not to sure would they still understand the the other all over and which one do you think is easier to start with
(#52 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-28-2007, 11:51 AM

i think it would have to be Mandarin.

人生自古誰無死,留取丹心照汗青。-- None since the advent of time have escaped death, may my loyalty forever illuminate the annals of history.

(#53 (permalink))
Old
Neobody (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Neobody Send a message via Skype™ to Neobody
10-30-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknown View Post
mainly it's because places like HK & Taiwan have been learning Traditional chinese since the very beginning of time.. haha.. at least their great Grand-father knows it.. so it's rather hard to just make a change to switch from Traditional to simplified.. but i heard that if you know Traditional, reading simplified would be easy; no problem. but it doesn't work the other way.. you're from Singapore.. so i guess you learnt simplified?
Well, Singapore's Ministry of Education chosen the Simplified ones. I guess there must be some sort of the reason for them to choose the simplified chinese.

1. Most Youngsters doesn't like Mother Tongue(Subject). Or should i say they hate it. Probably because the subject is difficult to study, or some other reasons might affect it.

Anyway, the main reason for that, is that their foundation are weak. Thus, when the student reach a higher level of education, they might felt that their chinese is getting from bad to worst, and eventually, they will hate chinese.

Thus, I recommend those who are learning chinese, to perfect your foundations first, before moving ahead

~ Oh ya, I did try to learn traditional chinese. It is rather similar to that of the simplified one. It just that some of the words are difficult to write :/
(#54 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-31-2007, 03:09 AM

^ya, very true but nothing is easy in life.. so stick with it. and most of those youngsters are overseas.. they dont get enough opportunities to practise it.. and eventually they sux at it and can't freaking read or write.. <_< then they hate it.. which is sad..

人生自古誰無死,留取丹心照汗青。-- None since the advent of time have escaped death, may my loyalty forever illuminate the annals of history.