JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   English & Other Language Help (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/english-other-language-help/)
-   -   I am looking for English teacher. (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/english-other-language-help/9274-i-am-looking-english-teacher.html)

Haleiwa 11-04-2007 03:26 PM

I am looking for English teacher.

I am 27 years old man and live in Kyoto.
I need English at my working place but I can't speak well.
Please somebody teach me English.

miyavikuun 11-04-2007 03:28 PM

i wanna help i speak english!!!!

Haleiwa 11-05-2007 02:22 PM

Thank you for your reply!!
I am japanese and studing English now.
If I tell you some bad things, please forgive me and let me know(^^)
I live in Kyoto Japan. How about u?

miyavikuun 11-05-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haleiwa (Post 286331)
Thank you for your reply!!
I am japanese and studing English now.
If I tell you some bad things, please forgive me and let me know(^^)
I live in Kyoto Japan. How about u?

me i live in nevada in america as you could guess and im ok with the bad things but yeah...

Haleiwa 11-06-2007 12:19 PM

I've never been to Nevada though, have you ever come to japan?:ywave:
Quote:

Originally Posted by miyavikuun (Post 286356)
me i live in nevada in america as you could guess and im ok with the bad things but yeah...

miyavikuun 11-06-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haleiwa (Post 286990)
I've never been to Nevada though, have you ever come to japan?:ywave:

no but i want to.

onexsoul 11-06-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haleiwa (Post 285456)
I am 27 years old man and live in Kyoto.
I need English at my working place but I can't speak well.
Please somebody teach me English.

ill teach u!!!

pm me or email me ^.^

onexsoul@verizon.net

jasonbvr 11-07-2007 02:07 AM

What up, I am an English teacher living in Gunma so I can't really give you lessons. But I can give you advice on some ways to get more practice.

For listening I would suggest downloading and installing iTunes to your computer. You need to use the US version of iTunes to get the best Podcasts for practice. When you open the US version of the iTunes store, you will see on the left side menu a link for Podcasts. These are like radio shows for your computer or mp3 player. If you search the language section, you can find many free podcasts for English learning. Or you can listen to other topics like world news or hobbies. There are many different ones so find one that you like. Then you will click the subscribe button. Subscribing to one will give you new podcasts that are added to iTunes every week. The best thing is, it is free. Apple - iTunes - iTunes Overview

As far as reading, I would suggest to you the Hiragana Times. This is a bilingual magazine published by The Japan Times for Japanese and English learners. I would also recommend this to Japanese learners overseas because you can subscribe to the pdf format and download it straight to your computer. Hiragana Times/Latest Issue

Lastly for speaking, you can try using Skype. Skype can be downloaded and used for free like iTunes. You can connect and talk to many people from all over the world. There should be a group for language exchange, but I have never looked for it. Skypeで話そう

Hope this helps you and good luck!

Haleiwa 11-07-2007 03:34 PM

Thank you very much for your reply.
Your mail is very helpful for me. I will use these tool to study and enjoy English.
If I have a chance to go to Gunma, I owe you some meal or beer.
Once again thank you very much.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonbvr (Post 287660)
What up, I am an English teacher living in Gunma so I can't really give you lessons. But I can give you advice on some ways to get more practice.

For listening I would suggest downloading and installing iTunes to your computer. You need to use the US version of iTunes to get the best Podcasts for practice. When you open the US version of the iTunes store, you will see on the left side menu a link for Podcasts. These are like radio shows for your computer or mp3 player. If you search the language section, you can find many free podcasts for English learning. Or you can listen to other topics like world news or hobbies. There are many different ones so find one that you like. Then you will click the subscribe button. Subscribing to one will give you new podcasts that are added to iTunes every week. The best thing is, it is free. Apple - iTunes - iTunes Overview

As far as reading, I would suggest to you the Hiragana Times. This is a bilingual magazine published by The Japan Times for Japanese and English learners. I would also recommend this to Japanese learners overseas because you can subscribe to the pdf format and download it straight to your computer. Hiragana Times/Latest Issue

Lastly for speaking, you can try using Skype. Skype can be downloaded and used for free like iTunes. You can connect and talk to many people from all over the world. There should be a group for language exchange, but I have never looked for it. Skypeで話そう

Hope this helps you and good luck!

Haleiwa 11-07-2007 03:38 PM

If you have a chance to come to Kyoto, let me know.
I will show you to kyoto:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by miyavikuun (Post 287062)
no but i want to.