JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
JuSan (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to JuSan Send a message via AIM to JuSan Send a message via MSN to JuSan Send a message via Yahoo to JuSan
11-24-2007, 02:05 AM

No, maybe you don't... I just have a horrible habit of just remember parts of languages I like. Like in latin I remember pulchra puella (not sure on spelling) which means beautiful girl, in French I remember Se tu bon = It's all good and Que tu papa,qui je suis? = Who's your daddy, yes I am...lol. Oh and Yuna you do realize now my goal is to prove you wrong some how. Not because I'm mean, I just love a challenge.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

11-24-2007, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSan View Post
No, maybe you don't... I just have a horrible habit of just remember parts of languages I like. Like in latin I remember pulchra puella (not sure on spelling) which means beautiful girl, in French I remember Se tu bon = It's all good and Que tu papa,qui je suis? = Who's your daddy, yes I am...lol. Oh and Yuna you do realize now my goal is to prove you wrong some how. Not because I'm mean, I just love a challenge.
I do tend to remember things I WANT to know. See, I want to know German, thus I'm learning it, and remembering. Same thing with Latin in my future.
Trying to prove me wrong... Hmm...

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#13 (permalink))
Old
JuSan (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to JuSan Send a message via AIM to JuSan Send a message via MSN to JuSan Send a message via Yahoo to JuSan
11-24-2007, 02:39 AM

Yeah I was born in Germany and spent 6 years there...My brain only brings up the numbers. Though Japanese I'm having a massivly easier time. Oh and I will get you.....It shall be my new hobby...just wait. lol

"I am what I am and that's all that I am" - Popeye
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
11-24-2007, 11:00 AM

Latin grammar isn't all that complicated. It works the same way it does in German so it should be easier for you =) The ending of a word tells you its function in the sentence, then all you do is look up the word in the dicionary to get the meaning of it. I am currently studying the usage of CUM and UT. Rewriting a sentence into passive voice is easy but takes times cause each term in the structure changes its function as well as the suffix.

Do you need examples of some kind?

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#15 (permalink))
Old
gkgoten100 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to gkgoten100 Send a message via Yahoo to gkgoten100
Latin E-Book - 11-24-2007, 06:25 PM

i went onto scribd.com and they had this, it might help.

Ebook Ancient Language Latin Ceb A Latin Grammar

u r able to download it, if need be.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
JuSan (Offline)
JF Regular

11-24-2007, 08:14 PM

Cool...Thanks I'll look that up...and thank you too Suki

"I am what I am and that's all that I am" - Popeye