Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-06-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
I'm 19.
Mhmm.
I think you need to travel a bit more around England before you can come to any sort of assumption.
Then again, perhaps you Northern folk are just better than us

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#293 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

05-06-2008, 01:02 AM

Yeaaaaah, us Northern folk are better than you all. Thats why some random drunk guy threw up on my doorstep

I was just saying I dont see that sort of stuff where I live. I havent been round the whole of Scotland and I dont go out everynight so obviously that stuff probably DOES happen here...
(#294 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
05-06-2008, 04:06 AM

*hates cops* =.='''
because of those indiscriminate bastards....
it's a pain going home every night from work =.='''
i mean seriously, what's wrong w/ driving down the local street [westheimer] at around 60-70 mph 11 at night and as everyone is on their way to their local/fav. pub/bar/karaoke/nightlife place????? x.x''

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#295 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

05-06-2008, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuujirou View Post
*hates cops* =.='''
i mean seriously, what's wrong w/ driving down the local street [westheimer] at around 60-70 mph 11 at night and as everyone is on their way to their local/fav. pub/bar/karaoke/nightlife place????? x.x''
That's the funny thing about speed limits. They're only a suggestion if you don't get caught.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#296 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-06-2008, 05:28 AM

What is wrong with driving down a local street at night at 70 miles an hour?

The reason is simple.

As a human being, your reflxes are not fast enough to stop the car in time if something or somebody were to pop out in front of you.

During the gas crisis of the 1970s the federal government lowered the speed limits on interstate highways to 55 save fuel.

The residual result was the number of highway deaths dropped dramatically.

Your mom tells you to take an umbrella when its raining not because she wants to be a bitch and not because she wants to be the boss of you and not because she likes ruling your life. Your mom tells you to take an umbrella when it's raining because she doesn't want you to get wet and catch a cold.
(#297 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-06-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
What is wrong with driving down a local street at night at 70 miles an hour?

The reason is simple.

As a human being, your reflxes are not fast enough to stop the car in time if something or somebody were to pop out in front of you.

During the gas crisis of the 1970s the federal government lowered the speed limits on interstate highways to 55 save fuel.

The residual result was the number of highway deaths dropped dramatically.

Your mom tells you to take an umbrella when its raining not because she wants to be a bitch and not because she wants to be the boss of you and not because she likes ruling your life. Your mom tells you to take an umbrella when it's raining because she doesn't want you to get wet and catch a cold.
I could argue the point you've made about humans not having quick enough reflexes to stop and say the limitations are more to do with physical aspects of the vehicle being driven, such as friction from brakes and tyres on respective surfaces. However such an argument would be totally pointless and take away from the fact that doing 70 mph down a local street is absolutely.. silly.
For want of a better word.
That's coming from someone who has liked to race cars on defined inner city race tracks and has done ridiculous speeds while manouvering. The responsibility factor needs to take over your own selfish desire at some point though, just on the off chance that something does go wrong.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 05-06-2008 at 11:46 AM.
(#298 (permalink))
Old
Sleephead (Offline)
New to JF

05-06-2008, 01:43 PM

I'm 17 and i drink.

Love And Peace!
(#299 (permalink))
Old
Gackt21 (Offline)
退屈中央

Send a message via Skype™ to Gackt21
05-06-2008, 02:10 PM

I drank once when I was in Europe with my parents absent. They then would never let me drink anything because they believed it wrong.

At 22 years old, I have wine with my dinner an that is it. I don't drink to get drunk.

GACKTDOLL クリスティーナ
Kurisutīna
(#300 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-06-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuujirou View Post
*hates cops* =.='''
Obviously not a Saturday night. I've never seen Westheimer where there was a chance to do 50mph, much less 70mph. Unfortunately I have seen the debris from apparent attempts to fly low down it.

Instincts force me to restrain my need for speed when I've been drinking. When drunk the senses are deadened and G forces can make one's digestive tract reverse course. I do not waste good scotch, port, choya or sake in such distasteful ways.

Thankfully I enjoy the rush more when cold sober. Its much more fun to see just what an engine can do on an open stretch of highway ..... especially when I get to see my passenger clamped down on anything they can get a good grip on.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.