JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#261 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-04-2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
No they don't teach this in Highschool. They teach the fundamentals of Science there and how to somewhat apply those. Even in the first two years of university, more advanced fundamentals are taught as well as their application.
It is only during the final years that a student will be required to do any research at all, for their final year project and dissertation.
More advanced research is done by post-graduates mostly.
If it does have such effect maybe your right that it should not be teach at highschool. But it should be a worldwide awareness. Alcoholic beverages should have something like "government warning alcohol drinking is dangerous to your mind(dont know if this is the appropriate phrase to warn the public this is just an illustration)". but no all we got is "drink moderately".
Cigarette smoking is dangerous to health that is a fact. Thats why most if not all cigarette commercial have a warning phrase "government warning cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health"

Quote:
I don't need to prove that values are changed.. It is far too obvious.
Lack of monitoring our behaviour is another way of saying what I said about our Inhibitions being nullified. If Inhibitions are nullified, our values change on how loud we should talk, what is deemed acceptable language, how we behave toward others and so on, all the way to the reasons for domestic violence, street crime and worse.
do you not swear or curse when not drunk?
do you not behave badly towards other when not drunk?
loud voice? like i said i agree on that alcohol does affect our senses. do you notice how loud people talk that have some earphone plugged in their ears.
domestic violence? those who commit it does it even if not drunk. ok lets say they only do it when drunk the fact that they did not care to stop it means they are capable of hurting their spouse.
Street crimes? most violators are caught with some sort of weapons. meaning they are capable of committing that crime.
values dont change.

to sum up my thoughts about it.
People that commit crimes when drunk are capable of doing in the first place.

thats just my opinion if you believe that drinking do change ones values, then lucky you at least if you got bored you could always grab a drink or two and have a different self for an hour or two
(#262 (permalink))
Old
xX2DXx (Offline)
JF Regular

05-04-2008, 03:56 AM

I know alot of Drunks most of my family are nothing but drunks really bad people but my dad and brother as well as me aren't well I know they aren't, for me I'm not sure. I don't have taste for beer or anykind of alcohol so I think I could do with out it. Other peoples lives are trapped in a bottle and they just can't seem to find the lid but it really depends on the person. People can stop if they really wanted to.
(#263 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-04-2008, 04:03 AM

Somehow i can understand people that cant live without alcohol.
i feel the same way with my gadgets...
i think everybody have something that they cant live without,
(#264 (permalink))
Old
xX2DXx (Offline)
JF Regular

05-04-2008, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseme View Post
Somehow i can understand people that cant live without alcohol.
i feel the same way with my gadgets...
i think everybody have something that they cant live without,
Really like how?
I can't relate to it, I never really kept anything around for a long time or anykind of habbit.
(#265 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-04-2008, 04:17 AM

uhmmm i dont know lol... youll know if you find that something you cant live without.
For some its smoking, sex, money, power, love or faith(religion)
(#266 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-04-2008, 05:08 AM

Alcohol can certainly change your values. If it didn't, alcoholism wouldn't be considered a problem.

I have seen plenty of people restructure their value systems to put alcohol on top. Complex constructs are created to excuse behaviour, reprioritize, etc. making alcohol the priority.

Many times family, friendships, work, personl hygiene are slowly ranked lower than the almighty bottle. People that don't drink are considered "square" and why can't people understand that you need a few drinks to "take the edge off"?

That's a value-system being destroyed by alcohol. It doesn't happen in all people, or even most, but it does happen.
(#267 (permalink))
Old
Fooflowers (Offline)
ETiD

Send a message via MSN to Fooflowers Send a message via Skype™ to Fooflowers
05-04-2008, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Alcohol can certainly change your values.
It sure does cause i dont usualy run down town centre streets naked when im sober :P

/shoot to thrill
(#268 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-04-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
If it does have such effect maybe your right that it should not be teach at highschool. But it should be a worldwide awareness. Alcoholic beverages should have something like "government warning alcohol drinking is dangerous to your mind(dont know if this is the appropriate phrase to warn the public this is just an illustration)". but no all we got is "drink moderately".
Cigarette smoking is dangerous to health that is a fact. Thats why most if not all cigarette commercial have a warning phrase "government warning cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health"
I agree with that. Like cigarettes however, taxes are dependant on alcohol and like everything else, its because of money that such things thrive.

Quote:
do you not swear or curse when not drunk?
do you not behave badly towards other when not drunk?
loud voice? like i said i agree on that alcohol does affect our senses. do you notice how loud people talk that have some earphone plugged in their ears.
domestic violence? those who commit it does it even if not drunk. ok lets say they only do it when drunk the fact that they did not care to stop it means they are capable of hurting their spouse.
Street crimes? most violators are caught with some sort of weapons. meaning they are capable of committing that crime.
values dont change.

to sum up my thoughts about it.
People that commit crimes when drunk are capable of doing in the first place.

thats just my opinion if you believe that drinking do change ones values, then lucky you at least if you got bored you could always grab a drink or two and have a different self for an hour or two
lol the point is that even if someone was capable of doing something bad when NOT drunk, they would be MORE capable of it after drinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooflowers View Post
It sure does cause i dont usualy run down town centre streets naked when im sober :P
You need to explain that to Chaseme >.>

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 05-04-2008 at 11:52 AM.
(#269 (permalink))
Old
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading

Send a message via MSN to Thunda
05-04-2008, 12:02 PM

Chaseme=teenager

Monkey=Grown-up

Don't ever argue with a grown-up.

You can be intelligent as hell, but lacking experience makes you a teenager.

Lacking experience, I mean, ability to handle situations and opinions.

Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
(#270 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-04-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
I agree with that. Like cigarettes however, taxes are dependant on alcohol and like everything else, its because of money that such things thrive.

lol the point is that even if someone was capable of doing something bad when NOT drunk, they would be MORE capable of it after drinking.

You need to explain that to Chaseme >.>
yeah but if it really does what you claim the govt should at least warn the people and strive for social awareness. or else there will be teenagers like me that dont know that fact(there is only a few human behavior issues/research that i recognize as a fact*actually i think there is none*, mainly because humans are unpredictable)

lol my point is not whether they are more or less capable of doing it.
if a man values says its ok to beat your spouse whether hes drunk or not he is capable of doing it. thus there is no change in values.
*hope you get my point

He is definitely a closet pervert lol. Im 100% sure i wont do anything on those line. Even if i drink non-stop ill probably die drinking before that happens.

ok do you guys think that youll do something out of line when you got drunk?
for me what i think is right or ok to do will be same as before i drink alcohol.

Quote:
Alcohol can certainly change your values. If it didn't, alcoholism wouldn't be considered a problem.

I have seen plenty of people restructure their value systems to put alcohol on top. Complex constructs are created to excuse behaviour, reprioritize, etc. making alcohol the priority.

Many times family, friendships, work, personl hygiene are slowly ranked lower than the almighty bottle. People that don't drink are considered "square" and why can't people understand that you need a few drinks to "take the edge off"?

That's a value-system being destroyed by alcohol. It doesn't happen in all people, or even most, but it does happen.
A big LOL
please tell me you have the decency to read what i have written before you contradict my comment ^^,

taken from wiki
this probably what you mean
Quote:
lifestyle is the way a person lives. A lifestyle is a characteristic bundle of behaviors that makes sense to both others and oneself in a given time and place, including social relations, consumption, entertainment, and dress. The behaviors and practices within lifestyles are a mixture of habits, conventional ways of doing things, and reasoned actions. A lifestyle typically also reflects an individual's attitudes, values or worldview. Therefore, a lifestyle is a means of forging a sense of self and to create cultural symbols that resonate with personal identity. For example, "green lifestyle" means holding beliefs and engaging in activities that consume fewer resources and produce less harmful waste (i.e. a smaller carbon footprint), and deriving a sense of self from holding these beliefs and engaging in these activities
This is the definition of values i used as i already said in my earlier post
Quote:
what people think is right and wrong, good and bad, desirable and undesirable.
what we are talking about change in values is like this.
person A with values A person A drinks 10 bottles of alcohol
does his values change from A to B in the time that alcohol is in effect

now welcome to the discussion

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Actually all you need to do is quote something that proves that what you claim is an accepted fact(*please consider my definition of values*). SINCE SOOOOO MANNNNYYYYYY people disagree with me it would NOT be hard to do it right?
all you have to do is give me a link let me verify a source and you save a teenager from false belief.
Please help my clouded mind...

Help my facts gathering
i saw this short term effect of alcohol from wiki
closest i could find to what you are saying but not directly prove or disprove my belief
just in case you forgot my point
Quote:
lol my point is not whether they are more or less capable of doing it. if a man values says its ok to beat your spouse whether hes drunk or not he is capable of doing it. thus there is no change in values.
taken from Alcohol Addiction | Effects of Alcohol | Facts about Alcohol
Quote:
Low to moderate doses of alcohol can also increases the incidence of a variety of aggressive acts, including domestic violence and child abuse.
I tried but cant find any im looking for a human behavior/ human psychology research article about alcohol effects on human values. I saw statistics that shows that people that are drunk perform aggressive act. but my point is
Quote:
my point is not whether they are more or less capable of doing it. if a man values says its ok to beat your spouse whether hes drunk or not he is capable of doing it. thus there is no change in values.
so those stats means nothing

Btw i discovered that my "technique" in outlasting my friends in a drinking session is actually something recommended by experts.

Last edited by chaseme : 05-04-2008 at 03:07 PM.