JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Illusional (Offline)
JF Regular

Alcohol - 12-07-2007, 09:00 AM

i don't care who you are . i'm just wondering how old you are and whether you drink or not..

to be honest, i'm just wondering the different trends amongst "people" in general and what's their habit are...

just to be fair, i'm in hawaii,.. one of the remote places of america. i had my first alcoholic beverage probably around 14, which is late for the new generation, but none the less it was young for me. i'm currently 27, and drink with a passion. for those of you who are against drinker, then press the back button to hit up the next thread, but on the flip side, let the inquiring minds inquire.

raverboy

...this is just my perspective on the situation...
(#2 (permalink))
Old
emiluvsjmusic (Offline)
JF noob

12-07-2007, 09:08 AM

i dont drink... im underage -__-

Death Note fam & Shingami clan
JF family|Emi's Space|Haruhiism
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-07-2007, 09:39 AM

I'm 18 and not allow to drink... but i want to try it thou.. but dont want to get drunk or spike O_O
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
12-07-2007, 09:57 AM

1st time tried alcohol... at the age of 9 or 10... don't remember, i do remember that i hated it.
1st time got drunk - @ the age of 13... 350g of pure Vodka killed any doubts in me about how bad alcohol is... and that revelation kept me from trying again for another 3 years...
I started to use alcohol regularly at the age of 15-16, mostly beer and light drinks.
And the hell went loose once i hit 18
There was a time when i could not imagine a evening without a couple of glasses of whiskey... Now, i do enjoy a good drink on the weekends... Some blended whiskey, or an old brandy... sometimes Vodka, though it's not my favorite drink...
I don't drink to get drunk, people who do so just disgust me... I drink to take off the stress after a hard day (week) at work, to loosen up the tongue and mind... and of course to enjoy the taste of a good beverage ^^
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
12-07-2007, 10:25 AM

Nice way to start your post saying you don't give a shit about anyone.

Anyways, I'm soon to be 18 [next month] but age's never stopped me from getting any sort of alcoholic drinks, and now I don't drink as often as I used to when I was 14/15. I can't remember when I first tried it but about everyone who lives in my neighborhood will tell you with detail about the first time I got drunk xD! I lay unconscious on the floor for 30 minutes, then my cousins came from nowhere and woke me up by throwing water on me. That was the summer of '03... so young and restless lol So after 3 years I think I'd tried everything there was in the market and I realized the amount of money I was weekly spending on drugs in general, so I cut it down; it was when I started taking anti-baby pills and for the first 3 months I didn't drink cause I didn't want to run the risk of puking the pill back up. Now like I said my alcohol consumption has gone down a little, and I think it'll stay like this til I'm out of college =)

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kuronekoaus (Offline)
Resident Rockstar

12-07-2007, 10:33 AM

I'm 16 and have never drunk alcohol, which many would say is unusual. I stand by my disinterest, because alcohol can lead to dangerous things, and you don't need to drink to have fun. I've heard so many stories of people getting drunk and having bad experiences... eg. pashing a number of people, or being unable to stop crying and throwing up.

I don't think I'm missing out on a thing.

Too cool for a yellow emoticon

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

Alcohol - 12-07-2007, 10:42 AM

first time i had some was 8 at my dads bosses house he was working on it had 2 40's and now 19 and drink every 2 or 3 weeks
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
12-07-2007, 12:59 PM

...I was 16 and at a school camping trip....I remember most of it but some parts are hazy....but I havent drank anything for about....3yrs? something like that...

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-07-2007, 02:24 PM

I didn`t drink anything until I was 19, and in Japan. Unless you count my mom serving wine with dinner, or taking sips of things here and there.

Drinking is really overrated, especially if you aren`t weak to alcohol. Seriously, I wish that I were one of those people who could get drunk with one tiny glass of something. (Like my husband.)

Alcohol generally tastes pretty nasty - people will disagree, but if you aren`t going to get drunk from it, what`s the point?

Now, at 27, I drink maybe once a month? I have to drink a freaking massive amount for it to have any sort of effect on me... So it`s really too expensive to drink while out somewhere. (Drinks are WAY to expensive in Japan) When I do drink, it`s at home with my husband.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Edrik (Offline)
JF Regular

12-07-2007, 03:21 PM

I remember my first drink clearly...when I was 8 my dad owned his own business and with the extra money he had left over he bought beer. I came from school one day and he was REALLY drunk, he offered me a drink (Corona) and I took it. I drank the whole bottle and didn't feel any distortions. I hated the taste and since then I haven't taken even a sip at any alcoholic beverage.