LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Unknown (Offline)
The Darkness

07-22-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Can you show any links to any research showing that Hitler was involved in the planning of the attack on Pearl Harbour? I always thought the master paln was created by Yamamoto.
As for actual links I don't have any at the moment but a lot of stuff was kept Classified to the public during WW2.Another one was the US did not have the A-Bomb first since it originated in Germany and was their "Miracle Weapon" to turn the war around in the Ardenne Offensive but got foiled by an Allied Operation.As a result some of the material was brought to the US and they manufactured the ABomb before using it on Japan forcing them to surrender(Operation CrossBow).Also the US did know about the Pearl Harbor before it actually happened but for some reason certain documents did not reach the right people in time.(Day of Deceit).Day of Deceit is still very debateable since most don't think the US would intentionally allow something like Pearl Harbor to happen just to enter WW2

Feel My Intent
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-22-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
I know they were not at war I'am just saying most people think Japan was behind Pearl Harbor when its really Hitler.He lead them to believe that both his LuffeWaffe and their Kamikaze Pilots would attack on the same day but as a result did not keep his word like always.This was done mainly because all three Axis powers were steadily building up their war machines prior to WW2 and by doing the above his would be the largest since the Allies would look at them(Japan) and not him
What we call "kamikaze pilots" did not exist in 1941.

Kamikaze attacks did not begin until the end of 1944 when the end was starting to look bleak for the Empire of Japan.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Unknown (Offline)
The Darkness

07-22-2010, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
What we call "kamikaze pilots" did not exist in 1941.

Kamikaze attacks did not begin until the end of 1944 when the end was starting to look bleak for the Empire of Japan.
Sorry my mind was on the Pacific Theater when saying Kamiaze Pilots since this part of the war was when Japan did its finest.They had a plane equivilant to one in the LuffeWaffe that could easily outdo any American one until the Allies captured it thus making their own with similar characterisitcs.I'am not supporting the Axis when saying this but they just had bad leaders in WW2 and I could literally go on all night on why but I'am not

Feel My Intent
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-22-2010, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Sorry my mind was on the Pacific Theater when saying Kamiaze Pilots since this part of the war was when Japan did its finest.They had a plane equivilant to one in the LuffeWaffe that could easily outdo any American one until the Allies captured it thus making their own with similar characterisitcs.I'am not supporting the Axis when saying this but they just had bad leaders in WW2 and I could literally go on all night on why but I'am not
I am not sure what you mean. Pearl Harbor was a plane vs. ship sneak attack. They were not expecting nor did they engage in plane vs. plane fighting.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Unknown (Offline)
The Darkness

07-22-2010, 02:25 AM

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean. Pearl Harbor was a plane vs. ship sneak attack. They were not expecting nor did they engage in plane vs. plane fighting.
I'am saying when I said Kamikaze Pilots my mind was on something else in the previous post.True but things would have been different(as in not good for the US) if everything went according to the original attack which involved both Germany and Japan(I'am surprsied he did not trick Italy also but then again most would consider their leader a rabblerouser than an actual leader).As for not expecting anything thats were Day of Deceit comes in

Feel My Intent

Last edited by Unknown : 07-22-2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Was somewhat out of context
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-22-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
I'am saying when I said Kamikaze Pilots my mind was on something else in the previous post.True but things would have been different(as in not good for the US) if everything went according to the original attack which involved both Germany and Japan(I'am surprsied he did not trick Italy also but then again most would consider their leader a rabblerouser than an actual leader).As for not expecting anything thats were Day of Deceit comes in
Without the Germans and Italians, Pearl Harbor was pretty damaging to the Pacific Fleet.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-22-2010, 02:48 AM

Pearl Harbor was planed by Yamamoto or however you spell that admrial's name. Wether Hitler thought of it or offered to send troops, that's doubtful as it was a completely different theatre of war. Maybe if they had sent some U-Boats it might have helped.

The A-Bomb ( Manhattan project) was several years in the makeing. We didn't have any material from Germany to utilize, we had all thier scientists; Like Einstein. Germany was behind us in A-Bomb tech..they were ahead of us in missle tech...we got all thier missle tech guys after the war...the Russians had to re verse engineer the V-2's they managed to scrub up. Any one not notice how the Tomahawk missle looks almost like a V-1 buzz bomb?

The US was aware of the pre dawn attacks months before it happened. They had Cracked the Japanese code and knew what was going on. However, FDR, who wanted to get involved in the war with Germany needed something major to happen because the American population was uninterested in getting involved in European problems. So basically FDR forced Japan's hand via embargo and had a sweet candy in Pearl Harbor offered up. ( Minus the aircraft carriers of course).

This information was actually known then, the Rebublican's where going to use it in the campaign but were told not to because it would alert the Japanese to the fact that we had cracked thier codes, before the war even started. So the Rebublican canidate didn't use it, since it would hurt the war effort. ( can't think of anyone doing that these days, would be all over the tv news).
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Unknown (Offline)
The Darkness

07-22-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Without the Germans and Italians, Pearl Harbor was pretty damaging to the Pacific Fleet.
True but Germany had Crack Formations(people who literally fight as if possessed by a demon in simplistic terminology) unlike everyone else on both the Allies and Axis fronts.The best example of one was Omaha Beach since this occured without German Commanders present on D-Day since it was heavily defended by a Crack Formation:They had the beach sought up WW1 style due to Rommel,Had 85 MG42s each firing 1200 rounds per minute,Had the entire beach zeroed in with Mortor and Artillery rounds,and as a result over 3,000 marines died that day.Again that was without commanders present meaning the Allies would most likely have lost WW2 otherwise since they would have stopped them at Omaha.That was just an example but either way experience is everything and in WW2 Germany had the most due being accustomed from WW1 along with having exclusive basic training for certain troops.Everything worked out for the best though since otherwise most would have to face Germanys WW2 slogan "Today we rule Germany,Tomorrow The World" if they were present via Pearl Harbor

Feel My Intent
(#19 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

07-22-2010, 03:10 AM

I know American History classes can be shoddy at times (having sat through several of them), but a conspiring Nazi attack at Pearl Harbor and crackhead soldiers? Did I fall asleep when my professor was giving this lecture?

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography

Last edited by WingsToDiscovery : 07-22-2010 at 03:13 AM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

again sorta not - 07-22-2010, 03:56 AM

The IJN - Japanese navy used more than one code and the diplomatic corp used a entirely different code.

JN-25 was the name the US encryption experts gave the IJN most secure and highest code. This code was an enciphered code.

It was frequently revised during its lifetime, and each new version required a more or less fresh cryptanalytic start.

In particular, JN-25 was significantly changed immediately before the Pearl Harbor attack on 7 December 1941. It was that edition of the JN-25 system which was sufficiently broken by late May 1942 to provide the forewarning which led to the U.S. victory at the Battle of Midway.

No the Japanese JN-25 or any other code was 'broken' prior to Pearl Harbor.
period