JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

01-26-2008, 06:50 AM

Equality does not cause population decline...that's not the natural order of things.

Q: Who cares what other people think?!?!
A: Japanese people do.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

01-26-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Hehe... I sort of agree with you ivi0nk3y.

Though I wouldn't say I'm really concerned about population decline. Rather I would simply like to see a healthy society. A society where mothers (or fathers) can afford to stay home and raise their children while the other goes off to earn a buck.
I agree. I'm only worried because so many people use the "equality" card to say there is something wrong, when that isn't the issue. If that fad catches on then we will also be in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kireikoori View Post
Equality does not cause population decline...that's not the natural order of things.
If you're not going to bother to understand what I say, i'm not even going to bother to reply to you in any appropriate format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
The problem is that women were expected to get an education and start a career, and then give it all up and become housewives until death. With many single females with a large disposable incomes, many industries were created to suck up some of that money. In the end, women said "Why am I giving all this up so my workaholic husband can be away from home 16 hours a day?" You can call that selfishness if you want, I think it is the sign of a need to modernize the culture. You don't see this in America in the same way (though people are waiting longer to get married), because American fathers are expected to help raise the children.
Yes and thats my point. Japan is an example of a society where it can be seen that such an attitude creates a problem. It should be a warning to other societies.
As I said before, this hasn't yet occured elsewhere because of factors like unemployment and diversity which have offset what could happen.
So we really shouldn't strive to be LIKE Japan in that area because it has nothing to do with Equality, which is what people erroneously make it about.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 01-26-2008 at 01:00 PM.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
KiefaHowie (Offline)
New to JF

01-28-2008, 10:47 AM

Thanks a lot Guys, your replys have been fundemental in shaping my research and giving me human opinion.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

01-28-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Slowly becoming more vocal? Look at the birthrate. Japan is in the middle of a woman's movement. The population capped in 2006 and is now declining for the simple reason that Japanese women are mad as hell, and aren't going to take it anymore. This isn't a slight murmur but a clear and mad roar.
yes i know. its a good thing that women are taking back their independence in japan but if it continues the population is projected to decrease to 50 million by 2050? correct me if im wrong. but man...ill be 60 at that time...to think that japan's population will shrink to half its present size is crazy. furthermore...its the motherland...nobody likes to see their race die out. :/

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-28-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdrag0n View Post
yes i know. its a good thing that women are taking back their independence in japan but if it continues the population is projected to decrease to 50 million by 2050? correct me if im wrong. but man...ill be 60 at that time...to think that japan's population will shrink to half its present size is crazy. furthermore...its the motherland...nobody likes to see their race die out. :/
If not a single baby was born in Japan between now and 2050, the population would still be well over 50 million. I think you need to check those numbers.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-29-2008, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdrag0n View Post
Population decline can be solved via immigration.

If the Japanese are too proud of their imagined uniqueness to open up a bit more to solve that problem then I won't be sympathetic to any future hardships that Japan has.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
kunitokotachi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-29-2008, 03:11 AM

I don't even want to get into the anime aspect of this debate. Comparing anime characters with real people makes absolutely no sense. One of them is make believe and the other is real life. 意味がない。

In regards to this debate about women, there is nothing wrong with women pursuing careers. It is also ridiculous to assume that women are better able to raise children. Either gender can be a deadbeat worthless parent or a great parent. そんなことは常識だ。There are women who have joined men in the professional work force and greatly contributed to our societies. We need to let go of our archaic mindset.

Women accomplishments:
1. Eleanor Raymon designed one of the earliest solar homes in 1948.

2. Faye Glenn Abdellah develped the first tested coronary care unit. She also helped changed the focus of nursing from disease to patient centered.

3. Dorothy H. Andersen was a pediatrician and pathologist who was the first to identify cystic fibrosis and develped a simple definitive diagnostic test for the disease.

4. Virginia Apgar was a physician known for development of the Apgar Score in 1952. This system of simple tests is used to determine whether a newborn child requires special medical attention, and it has saved thousands of lives.

5. Betty Bumpers spearheaded an immunization program in her state that became a national model.

6. St. Frances Xavier Cabrini established orphanages, day care centers, schools, clinics and hospitals for immigrants in the United States and around the world.

7. Rachel Carson was a zoologist whose concern over the damaging effects of pesticides and other poisons on the environment led to her groundbreaking work, Silent Spring. The book was a catalyst for the environmental movement of today.

* Women, don't let some idiot tell you that you are more suited for a particular role or naturally suited. Pursue your ambitions as long as they are not criminal or whorish. Also, learn about present-day great women and the great women before you. Malcolm X once said to Blacks that if they didn't know anything about themselves they could never become anything. Well, it is the same with women; of course some women don't have to be told that they are worth something to become great. Througout history women have showed some of us idiotic guys that we don't know what the fuck we are talking about*

宣告されてから弁論しても手遅れである。
(#28 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

01-29-2008, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunitokotachi View Post
I don't even want to get into the anime aspect of this debate. Comparing anime characters with real people makes absolutely no sense. One of them is make believe and the other is real life. 意味がない。

In regards to this debate about women, there is nothing wrong with women pursuing careers. It is also ridiculous to assume that women are better able to raise children. Either gender can be a deadbeat worthless parent or a great parent. そんなことは常識だ。There are women who have joined men in the professional work force and greatly contributed to our societies. We need to let go of our archaic mindset.

Women accomplishments:
1. Eleanor Raymon designed one of the earliest solar homes in 1948.

2. Faye Glenn Abdellah develped the first tested coronary care unit. She also helped changed the focus of nursing from disease to patient centered.

3. Dorothy H. Andersen was a pediatrician and pathologist who was the first to identify cystic fibrosis and develped a simple definitive diagnostic test for the disease.

4. Virginia Apgar was a physician known for development of the Apgar Score in 1952. This system of simple tests is used to determine whether a newborn child requires special medical attention, and it has saved thousands of lives.

5. Betty Bumpers spearheaded an immunization program in her state that became a national model.

6. St. Frances Xavier Cabrini established orphanages, day care centers, schools, clinics and hospitals for immigrants in the United States and around the world.

7. Rachel Carson was a zoologist whose concern over the damaging effects of pesticides and other poisons on the environment led to her groundbreaking work, Silent Spring. The book was a catalyst for the environmental movement of today.

* Women, don't let some idiot tell you that you are more suited for a particular role or naturally suited. Pursue your ambitions as long as they are not criminal or whorish. Also, learn about present-day great women and the great women before you. Malcolm X once said to Blacks that if they didn't know anything about themselves they could never become anything. Well, it is the same with women; of course some women don't have to be told that they are worth something to become great. Througout history women have showed some of us idiotic guys that we don't know what the fuck we are talking about*
Wow you just totally went off on another tangent. Do you ever have any idea of what the context of a thread is when you reply to it?
Noone is telling women that they should stay home. However it is because of the fact that women are going out to work more and more that Japan is in trouble. Also denying that women are not closer to their children, naturally, than fathers, is extreme ignorance.
Did you read anything anyone said before you got on your soap box and started stating achievements by women?
Once more, it doesn't look like it.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#29 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-29-2008, 04:09 AM

I don't think it's the raising of the children that's the issue, but the birthing. That's one thing the ladies have the men beat at.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

01-29-2008, 04:20 AM

Quote:
I don't think it's the raising of the children that's the issue, but the birthing. That's one thing the ladies have the men beat at.
Yes but its been shown that without adequate child raising methods such as breast feeding, a kid doesn't share a bond with its mother unlike a kid who has been breast fed. Also a father and mother both instill different traits and qualities into a child which make it a whole individual.
Even so, its mostly about why kids aren't being born in Japan that's the problem, more than anything else.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers