JF Old Timer

07-24-2009, 11:21 AM

There is also a theory that eskimos will buy driers and we all will drown
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

07-24-2009, 11:21 AM

umm... the whole 2012 thing? yeah, you should have seen our school when people heard about that!! My friend literally freaked. So did most the kids. *Frowns*

I don't like how people make up these stupid lies how the world is going to end in a few years just so people are scared! jeez. I mean, last yr, in 2008, I heard that we were all going to die in 2009. did we? NO! *Knocks on wood*

SO.... I wouldn't believe this at all.

8/21/09
(#123 (permalink))
Old
Mauja (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-24-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandierain15 View Post
umm... the whole 2012 thing? yeah, you should have seen our school when people heard about that!! My friend literally freaked. So did most the kids. *Frowns*

I don't like how people make up these stupid lies how the world is going to end in a few years just so people are scared! jeez. I mean, last yr, in 2008, I heard that we were all going to die in 2009. did we? NO! *Knocks on wood*

We are still in 2009, maybe it will come soon
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-24-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:

There's a difference between a lie, and something is speculation with lots of shit backing it up.

I'd recommend reading into 2012 before claiming to be an outright lie.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#125 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

07-24-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

There's a difference between a lie, and something is speculation with lots of shit backing it up.

I'd recommend reading into 2012 before claiming to be an outright lie.
oh I'm not claiming it to be a total lie. don worry about that. And actually, because of the whole outburst at my school, we had to do A LOT of research on it.

For example, some scientists say it's because of the earths' gravitational pull with the sun and the moon. There is another theory that the earth is going to get hit with this asteroid that's "supposedly" close to the earth.

But I have another thing that I just remembered. Didn't the whole world freak out in 1999 when it was almost 2000? I mean, humans naturally worry about things. And it's a good thing we do.

If something bad does happen this year, or in 2012, I can only hope that it doesn't inpact the earth badly. Sorry if I've offended anyone somehow. I don't mean to.

8/21/09
(#126 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-24-2009, 11:59 AM

It's not the scientists believe. The whole solar system, will line up, all in line. I can't remember the exact word for it. But think of a full eclipse.

I recommend looking up Nostradamus, and the Aztec calender. There are multiple things. It's not just what the scientists think.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#127 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

07-24-2009, 12:45 PM

i do and dont believe it, it always a possiblity, but i hope the whole world doesnt die, i dont want to die so soon, i havent even done everything i wanted too.
(#128 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-24-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
oh I'm not claiming it to be a total lie. don worry about that. And actually, because of the whole outburst at my school, we had to do A LOT of research on it.

For example, some scientists say it's because of the earths' gravitational pull with the sun and the moon. There is another theory that the earth is going to get hit with this asteroid that's "supposedly" close to the earth.

But I have another thing that I just remembered. Didn't the whole world freak out in 1999 when it was almost 2000? I mean, humans naturally worry about things. And it's a good thing we do.

If something bad does happen this year, or in 2012, I can only hope that it doesn't inpact the earth badly. Sorry if I've offended anyone somehow. I don't mean to.
You are wrong. 2000 was backed up by freaking religious people. NASA itself said that in 2012 the sun will have a powerful solar flare. And it's not because of the earth and moon gravitational pull.

You see, we believe the earth revolves around the sun. While it's correct, the reasonw hy it does is because the center of the gravitational pull between the earth and the sun, is almost the center of the sun (due to its large size compared to us). If you take Jupiter, the center of the gravitational pull is out of the Sun, because Jupiter is bigger than us. This way, both Jupiter and the Sun rotate around that point, even though Jupiter rotates a lot more. Same goes for Saturn.

In 2012, it is predicted that Saturn and Jupiter will be in both opposite sides of the Sun, and the earth will be in such a position to be exposed to solar flares caused by this. Now to solar flares. It all depends how powerful they are. We've never seen a powerful solar flare to destroy earth, but we've seen a somewhat powerful flare that killed the electricity of a whole city (look up in Google). If the 2012 is powerful enough (the predictions say yes), it will cause electricity problems, pole shifts... batteries won't work... if it is more powerful than that, it will burn everybody (though it all depends how our atmosphere will be able to resist it, which has been quite good till now).

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#129 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
07-24-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
You are wrong. 2000 was backed up by freaking religious people. NASA itself said that in 2012 the sun will have a powerful solar flare. And it's not because of the earth and moon gravitational pull.

You see, we believe the earth revolves around the sun. While it's correct, the reasonw hy it does is because the center of the gravitational pull between the earth and the sun, is almost the center of the sun (due to its large size compared to us). If you take Jupiter, the center of the gravitational pull is out of the Sun, because Jupiter is bigger than us. This way, both Jupiter and the Sun rotate around that point, even though Jupiter rotates a lot more. Same goes for Saturn.

In 2012, it is predicted that Saturn and Jupiter will be in both opposite sides of the Sun, and the earth will be in such a position to be exposed to solar flares caused by this. Now to solar flares. It all depends how powerful they are. We've never seen a powerful solar flare to destroy earth, but we've seen a somewhat powerful flare that killed the electricity of a whole city (look up in Google). If the 2012 is powerful enough (the predictions say yes), it will cause electricity problems, pole shifts... batteries won't work... if it is more powerful than that, it will burn everybody (though it all depends how our atmosphere will be able to resist it, which has been quite good till now).
Quite good? Global warming made sure that our atmosphere was depleted. If what the Aztecs predicted is true, then we're going out in a big bang. LITERALLY!!
(#130 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-24-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
Quite good? Global warming made sure that our atmosphere was depleted. If what the Aztecs predicted is true, then we're going out in a big bang. LITERALLY!!
Aztecs? I thought it was Mayan's calendar. Also they predicted nothing, the calendar just ends, you're just pulling crap from your head now.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?