JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#291 (permalink))
Old
Kurochii (Offline)
New to JF

11-11-2009, 01:14 PM

I don't think I believe that they also said that about 2000 and nothing happened.

iHeart; Vampires,, Demons,, Death Angels,, Devils<3
(#292 (permalink))
Old
Maester (Offline)
Back in town Snitches!

11-11-2009, 02:00 PM

Hmm, think it'll be a good movie...

Oh, you're not talking about the movie! (i knew that...)

I think ancient prophecies always hold some sort of truth, but we always dig to deep and make assumptions that even the writers diden't think about.

So here's a few possible reasons why we believe the world is gonna end because end of mayan calendar:
- Maya's were lazy people and by they got to 2012 they thought, let's play some killer football with bricks (which they did)
- The spanish fooled us and wrote the calendar (damn you spanish *shake fish*)
- the calendar goes on, but we just were too tired from reader the first 2012 dates...

So, i believe it's all speculation, much like the string-theory, there's proof but it'll never really be anything more than a theory.

Can you imagine what i could do, if i would do all i can. - Sun Tzu

(#293 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
11-17-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
best start now then. you can do all that in 3 years.
and as for the japanese boyfriend. i only want 4 kids and were getting an apartment in the city, no buts. LOL jk

as for 2012, i dont think the world will end, but i do believe planet x is behind the sun orbiting the sun. i say that because i read some theories from an astronomer in California and i kinda liked his take on it, it also sounds more plausible than a free roaming planet that could travel outside our solar system. seems like the inhabitants on the planet would freeze and die. but if it does free roam then i doubt it will hit us. it didnt before and i dont think it will again. maybe it meant the end of the old world and the beginning of the new world. whatever, now im just confusing myself
You're right. But i don't have my independence I want yet. I'll still try to do it anyway. Thanks for that advice, Kyousuke.
(#294 (permalink))
Old
CrystalDoll (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to CrystalDoll
Talking 11-17-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotenmemory View Post
I know alot of you don't believe it, but do you believe in the 2012 prophecies? That alot of us will die in 2012? Or we all will. I'm kinda believing it, kinda not.

Not sure if this counts as religious talk...
I have already heard such prophecies for a few times before. The first time I heard that was in 1990s, they said 1997 would be the end of the world. I even had a book about that from my friend. I was very afraid since I was a child then. In 1997, it did not happen. Then people said 2000 would be the end of the world. You guys do know if that happened hehehe~. I will never believe such prophecies any more. The only thing I believe is, if we human being do not take care of our earth well, we will have the end of the world for sure. Hehe~
(#295 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
11-17-2009, 09:26 AM

Scientist in California have said on the news that nothing will happen in 2012 beside the fact that people will panic in fear of nothing instead of celebrate Christmas. They also have gotten a lot of emails full of rants from people around the country talking about they (The scientist and the government) Shall rot in hell because they (people of the country) Think that the movie is telling the truth about what the government is doing.(Making boats for something thats not happening) and have also said that they will kill themselves a week or hours before the date 12/21/2012. Lol this is funny I'm sure no one will kill themselves because of this. Its just like what people said to Nintendo's Smash bros team when they said sonic was going to be in the game.(That they would go to the highest building in there town and jump off taking there wii's with them. That also never happened) So people i give you my word that the world will NOT come to an end also they don't have a cause for the world to end over words in books and carved in stone, thats not enough. And also we don't even know how the world will end since there's no expiration date for earth yet. Wow this is probably the most I've ever typed in one topic.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#296 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-18-2009, 12:25 AM

I guess we will wait and see, won't we? The mayans probably just ran out of stone for calendars. lol