JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#131 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-25-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
I don't believe in any kind of prediction and I think it's all bullshit, but I trust the science of course. The fact is that humanity we'll face the end sooner or later, like any other species, it's the course of life. I don't know if it'll be a world war, a black hole, but the end will come, that's for sure!
The sun will explode, that is a certified death but it's damn far in the future. Just to make sure there will be an end to Earth.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#132 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

07-25-2009, 12:28 AM

I can't believe you guys are bringing this topic up.

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#133 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-25-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pexster View Post
I can't believe you guys are bringing this topic up.
I can't believe you posted something useless to this post... oh wait that is normal.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#134 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
07-25-2009, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Aztecs? I thought it was Mayan's calendar. Also they predicted nothing, the calendar just ends, you're just pulling crap from your head now.
I'm not pulling crap from my head, thank you very much. If the calendar ends, that sounds like they must have predicted something bad is going to happen that year. You

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 07-25-2009 at 01:52 AM. Reason: No need to swear.
(#135 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

07-25-2009, 06:44 AM

oh well what happenes, is what is suppost to happen no reason to be bickering about who is right on theory and whos not just wait it out like every one else and see what will happen and if your too impatient then i guess you all can continue to argue tile it gets out of hand and get closed

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
FINAL FANTASY CLAN: CODE NAME: AURON
(#136 (permalink))
Old
Skuu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Skuu
07-25-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDuff View Post
just wait it out like every one else and see what will happen
Don't waste your time waiting for nothing to happen lol.
2012 myth
I'll see you guys in 2013.
(#137 (permalink))
Old
Skuu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Skuu
07-25-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
If the calendar ends, that sounds like they must have predicted something bad is going to happen that year.
Why? It's no different from someone new looking at our calendar and seeing that it ends on Dec. 31st. Woahhh something terrible's gonna happen then! Nope. Us, like the Aztecs, had no apoloclypse predictions within our calendars. They just had longer spanning calendars, eons, that they couldn't be bothered to keep working out where they would end indefinitely. So they just made an arbitrary time for this one to end. They weren't using any sophisticated science to work this stuff out. It would have been one guy using crude astronomy and writing down a number based on what he felt like.
(#138 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

07-25-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuu View Post
Don't waste your time waiting for nothing to happen lol.
2012 myth
I'll see you guys in 2013.
that is your opinion and as you can see every one has their own here and if something does happen then you may as well wait even if it is nothing you still have to wait tile the year comes to know for a fact and its not a myth its a theory btw so i would suggest you fix your url

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
(#139 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

07-25-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuu View Post
It would have been one guy using crude astronomy and writing down a number based on what he felt like.
you know that some of those one guys using crude astronomy are some of the people who figured out that there are other planet and some predicted some stuff that has actually happened so before you demean your self take in to consideration that maybe that writen number down might actually have meaning to it not just the fact that he felt like it was a good number to document, the Mayans were one of the brightest race of humans before todays race and most things are based on a theory just like that one number that a guy wrote down cuz he felt like it he had reason behind his desition.

(#140 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-25-2009, 07:25 AM

People Spread

2012: From the Mayan Elders Themselves

I just finished watching a fascinating video interview with a guy who has spent much of his last 35 years with indigenous people around the world. His name is Drunvalo Melchizedek. His take on 2012 is different from many others: he says no one has yet gotten the story right because they haven’t asked the Mayans themselves. He’s met with the Mayan Elders (as well as Hopi Elders who share nearly identical prophecies).

Here’s what Drunvalo Melchizedek has to say.

1] Although Dec 21, 2012 is the date of the end of the age in the Mayan calendar it does not mean anything spectacular is going to happen on that exact date.

2] The Mayan elders say the calender foretells Earth changes and changes in consciousness AND that they occur within a seven-year period of time around 2012.

3] When does (did) the seven-year period start? The Hopis’ prophecy stated the major changes would start when a ”large blue star” appears.

4] On October 24, 2007 “Comet 17P/Holmes (pictured above) shocked astronomers on Oct. 24, 2007, with a spectacular eruption. In less than 24 hours, the 17th magnitude comet brightened by a factor of nearly a million, becoming a naked-eye object in the evening sky. By mid-November the expanding comet was the largest object in the solar system–bigger even than the Sun.

5] Hopi and Mayan Elders met and agreed Comet Holmes was the star foretold in their prophecies. The seven year period has begun.

6] What is the biggest change in this seven years? A magnetic pole shift followed shortly by a physical pole shift. A physical pole shift is what destroyed Atlantis 13,000 years ago. Similarly, this would be a “big deal” today. Certainly it would qualify as Yogananda’s “you have no idea what a catastrophe is coming” event.

7] The Hopis are joining with other indigenous peoples in Arizona in April 2009 to perform a sacred welcoming ceremony for our space ancestors.

8] The Mayan Elders are currently writing a book to set the record straight on the Mayan calandar/prophecies.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.