Lovers
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MitcheruOtaku (Offline)
JF Regular

03-21-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFallenAngel View Post
Ano.. I use Adobe Photoshop 5.0(old version i knows-.-..)
When i try to save it as a copy it only gets (*.PSD;*.PDD)...
X_X
You also need to check to see if the image is 8 or 16 megapixels make sure it is 8 - you can check this at the top toolbar under IMAGE.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-21-2008, 01:48 PM

Personally I'd recommend upgrading to a newer version. All the features will be worth it. Especially if you're using it often.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

03-21-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitcheruOtaku View Post
You also need to check to see if the image is 8 or 16 megapixels make sure it is 8 - you can check this at the top toolbar under IMAGE.
This is also a good point.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#15 (permalink))
Old
LittleFallenAngel (Offline)
Fanfiction writer.

03-21-2008, 03:47 PM

*Giggles*
I already looked there but it was already on the 8 o.O...

With this, I LFA. Aint no member anymore from JF.
| LFA-Daily. |
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MitcheruOtaku (Offline)
JF Regular

03-21-2008, 10:22 PM

I worked on 5 years ago, moved to 7 then to CS2. There's a few more bells and whistles, but pretty much the same. I work with Nikon cameras, so I'm not familiar with Kodak formats. Nikon is Photoshop friendly. I also work on a Mac G5 at work, so I'm not sure about the PC side of Photoshop.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-22-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitcheruOtaku View Post
I worked on 5 years ago, moved to 7 then to CS2. There's a few more bells and whistles, but pretty much the same. I work with Nikon cameras, so I'm not familiar with Kodak formats. Nikon is Photoshop friendly. I also work on a Mac G5 at work, so I'm not sure about the PC side of Photoshop.
I'd have to ague. There's a huge difference between photoshop 7 and just CS. (I actually skipped from CS to CS3 so I can't comment on what 2 had as far as improvements). You get more control over your colours, more control over the lighting, brightness, clarity, and over all it gives you a better hold on your work.

When I was in my media arts class in the end of highschool the computers were running Photoshop 7. A few of my works I actually had to take home and use CS due to the restrictions of 9. Since that wasn't always an option it actually left a few of my projects feeling incomplete and under accomplished. I wasn't satisfied at all.

Same base for the program? Sure. I wouldn't call the improvements bells and whistles. I'd call it getting a pencil set and CS having the B6, 8 and 9 where it's predecessors do not. Sure you can get the work done but it just doesn't look the same.

Though it does really depend on what you're using photoshop for as well. I would probably have to spend at least twice as long making my signature in Photoshop 7 and end up with a lower quality finished product due to the restrictions I've found.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MitcheruOtaku (Offline)
JF Regular

03-22-2008, 12:34 AM

I know what you are saying- I meant the operating system is basically the same- with the improvements you mentioned. I work on CS2 right now
(we are wainting for the newer improved version of CS3 (there's still bugs that need to be fixed with it) I photo edit and color correct photos all day,
so CS2 IS way better than 7.