JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
World War Z - 04-04-2008, 03:01 AM

This is probably so far one of the best books I've ever read.
It's realistic to the point where ever since I've started reading it I've had this major worry about a zombie outbreak lol <<
Who else has read it and what did you think about it?
This is truly a written work of art I've never seen something so accurately wrote.
The way he explains everything just makes so much sense. I haven't finished it cause I'm sort of trying to preserve the reading, I just started on " The Great Panic"

For those of you who haven't read it << You really really need to.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
04-04-2008, 04:00 PM

An oral history... Damn, this sounds, sort of.., wrong x)

Haven't read it. I would if I had the time to actually choose what to read =(

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-04-2008, 04:03 PM

I don't think I could read it, I always have nightmares about zombies taking over haha >.<

Still I'll probably check it out, it sounds interesting.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
auran (Offline)
< J Rocker :3

Send a message via ICQ to auran Send a message via AIM to auran Send a message via Yahoo to auran Send a message via Skype™ to auran
04-04-2008, 04:04 PM

i like zombies
Planet Terror Rocked!!

The Otakus Crew!!
Join the Otakus Forum
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
04-04-2008, 08:16 PM

I'll check it out, I guess. I mean I DID enjoy Wild Zero: Guitar Wolf.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-04-2008, 08:44 PM

I think the books layout in how the story is divided into short scenes was a cool aproach but didn't work too well in this book. I found that the voice didn't change much between each story. I ended up having to go back a few times to make check who I was listening to

Maybe I was a little bias going into this because I'm not a fan of Zombie fiction, but I thought this book was a bit of a waste of time. Had some cool ideas but some of it seemed overblown, AND some of the details he went into just seemed really stupid, eg, he mentioned how artillery wouldn't be effective because zombies aren't hurt by hydrostatic shock . Thats just plain stupid the way it was written and the author needs to gets some facts straite if he wants to get technical!

Anyway, at best, I'd give this book 4/10
(#7 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

04-04-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I think the books layout in how the story is divided into short scenes was a cool aproach but didn't work too well in this book. I found that the voice didn't change much between each story. I ended up having to go back a few times to make check who I was listening to

Maybe I was a little bias going into this because I'm not a fan of Zombie fiction, but I thought this book was a bit of a waste of time. Had some cool ideas but some of it seemed overblown, AND some of the details he went into just seemed really stupid, eg, he mentioned how artillery wouldn't be effective because zombies aren't hurt by hydrostatic shock . Thats just plain stupid the way it was written and the author needs to gets some facts straite if he wants to get technical!

Anyway, at best, I'd give this book 4/10
Hello it's fictional story. He has tons of " facts " in there. He did a great job compared to the crap most writers pop out with these days.
And and and you needa get the word straight << straight.
I was never really a zombie fan either but because before I read the book I learned alot about judgment day in the bible ( Ironically ) and being agnostic I go " oh shit what if it happened" cause I know if zombies were taking over << God would not let me up.

"The sky is cryin...
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#8 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-04-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
Hello it's fictional story. He has tons of " facts " in there. He did a great job compared to the crap most writers pop out with these days.
And and and you needa get the word straight << straight.
I was never really a zombie fan either but because before I read the book I learned alot about judgment day in the bible ( Ironically ) and being agnostic I go " oh shit what if it happened" cause I know if zombies were taking over << God would not let me up.
Sorry for having a different opinion to you... And if you wanna correct someones mistakes (which I might add doesn't really care how he writes on a forum) you had best correct your own first, because you have A LOT<<< A LOT!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

04-04-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Sorry for having a different opinion to you... And if you wanna correct someones mistakes (which I might add doesn't really care how he writes on a forum) you had best correct your own first, because you have A LOT<<< A LOT!
Where did I type, "Don't give your opinion"? I said it was better compared to other writers and of course it's not going to be perfect it's fiction. I also explained how I was never really into zombies either. How randomly defensive of you. o.O

And correcting you was mere sarcasm hence the "and and"

"The sky is cryin...
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#10 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-04-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
Where did I type, "Don't give your opinion"? I said it was better compared to other writers and of course it's not going to be perfect it's fiction. I also explained how I was never really into zombies either. How randomly defensive of you. o.O

And correcting you was mere sarcasm hence the "and and"
Hello where did I type, "You said "Don't give your opinion""? o_O

and and and, by me copying your style of writing you should have seen it was sarcasm I guess it's not just me that finds sarcasm hard to notice online.: <<< Unfortunately I can't add anymore coolness because i'm limited to 7 images